Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2016, 01:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #3652
First RV ever! Quantum WS31

Hi there! We bought our first RV this past weekend at the Jacksonville RV show after shopping around for over a year. We are excited about the Quantum WS31, but we could use some advice. PDI will probably be next weekend. Any tips regarding that or supplies that we might need to get started would be greatly appreciated!
Paul and Susan

Old 02-16-2016, 02:50 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Welcome aboard the smartest people around are on this forum, they have helped me a lot since I was brand new year and a half ago. I looked up Quantum Ws31 and that is a great looking RV. The supply thing is endless and a lot of fun figuring out what you need for your adventures. I started out with a small Weber gas grill and 2 chairs didn't need a table since our unit has a small table in our storage compartment. The wide pretty much duplicated our kitchen supplies plates, tableware, glasses, cups, coffee pot, towels etc.etc. I think there is a thread on here that someone listed a bunch of stuff. I built up a tool box with all kinds of tools and you will use them. Good Luck Good Travels
Old 02-16-2016, 02:53 AM   #3

THOR #992
I meant WIFE not wide (glad she's not on here)
Old 02-16-2016, 03:31 AM   #4

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Nice! Welcome
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 04:44 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 33.5
State: Washington
THOR #578
Welcome and congrats!

I would suggest a good fresh water regulator, I have the adjustable water regulator from Valterra. Also a water filter.

After several bad experiences with sewer hoses, I would highly recommend starting out with a quality sewer hose!!! Don't pinch pennies here, stay away from the cheap hoses, that you use metal clamps to tighten! I've tried those with little success.

2 yrs ago I invested in the Rhino Flex sewer kit, with the 10 foot extension. Whole set up was around $40-50 bucks at Walmart. It was money well spent, no leaks, no hassle!! That with a slinky to flow down hill to drain and I've had no issues! Also invest in a good pair of rubber gloves or a box of disposable latex gloves at Home Depot. Great for handling sewer connections..

Have fun!!!
Old 02-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #6

THOR #992
I also have the Rhino (love it) and use a portable filter when I fill the tank and also use it when I'm in a park. I would also get an 30 to 50 adaptor and an electrical surge and voltage protector. I also have a fill tube to make it easier to fill your water tank.