Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2016, 03:21 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #3438
2015 that tuscany diesel

Good morning, I just purchased a new coach, but the dealership failed to do a walk thru because of holidays, so I need help I plugged in to an outlet but my interior lights dont come on, so what am I doing wrong. My fridge and Microwave works but I need lights, should I be turning on the inverter also? Thanks for the help.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:46 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 38SQ
State: North Carolina
THOR #799
There should be a switch by the door that turns your coach batteries on and off. Try that one.
Old 01-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #3

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
The switch mentioned above should be labeled "use" and "store". Switch must be in "use" position for coach batteries to be connected. Your lights will only operate off the 12v.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:57 PM   #4

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Is this your first RV? The reason I ask is because without a walkthrough you are going to be operating at a disadvantage. In addition to ensuring the fit and finish is right, the dealer should explain how all the systems work and then he should operate everything tovensure the systems work as advertised. A good walkthrough should take about 4 hours.

In it they should explain how the tv antenna amplifier should be off before trying to use your TVs on the cable connection. They should explain how the coach and chassis batteries are charged and what to do to ensure the batteries don't discharge prematurely. They should show you where the low point drains are how the water heater works. They should explain how the refrigerator operates on electric and gas. They should explain what you need to do to ensure the motors on you slides and electric bunks stay synchronized. They should explain how to hook up the waste hose and how to operate the black and gray tank drains.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote