Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Super C 33SW
State: Colorado
THOR #3886
2016 Thor Four Winds Super C 33SW

Hello Folks,
Just bought my Super C 3 weeks ago and will be hitting the road in the middle of May on my first trip. I love the power of this Super C Diesel! I previously had a 32 ft 2005 Fleetwood Tioga (Gas) Class C and I loved it, but just needed more power and wanted something new. I have tested most of the 33SW systems and so far, so good. I will be de-winterizing late next week after this blizzard gets out of Colorado and our night time temps get back into the high 30s.

Old 04-29-2016, 02:42 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
I just bought my 33SW today. First drive was great! Plenty of power and some strong winds on the freeway did not bother it at all. We too are anxious to hit the road.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:17 PM   #3

State: Texas
THOR #1532
Happy travels!
Old 04-29-2016, 05:56 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 35SK Super C
State: Missouri
THOR #711
bpcsprgs and IdahoPoes, welcome to the forum and congratulations with the Thor class C's. This will be our 2nd season with our 35SK and love it. Good Luck to you both and safe travels.
Old 03-30-2017, 12:14 AM   #5

Model: Four Winds 33SW
State: Idaho
THOR #4147
2016 Thor Four Winds 33SW - Update

Well, 11 months later and our 33SW is providing us much joy. There are things we really like, and a few things we do not. We like the Sani-Con macerator system we had installed at delivery. It has proved to be a fantastic system that is absolutely living up to the hype. It is clean and easy. We use the TankTechRX product and have never had any bad smells in either the black or gray tanks. We also love the diesel chassis (Ford F-550) this RV is built upon. It has no problem with the mountain passes and is much better on mileage than our old Ford gas V10 was. The triple track slide system has worked flawlessly with no failures or hiccups. And the auto-generator start is one of the best attributes since we have two little Yorkies that we leave sometimes.

There are a few things we have not been happy with. The trim in the bedroom came loose shortly after we took delivery. And the CO detector would not shut off so I had to disconnect it. Finally the paint on the cab around the windshield has peeled off in one spot. All of these are under warranty repair and we have been very pleased with the warranty support from Thor. We wish we were able to remove the center console in our cab to allow access to the back when traveling. We understand the 2017 models have the console removed. And we are not excited with the change of dash radio in the 2016. It does not have GPS or Sirius/XM. I would have preferred Thor left the Ford Sync entertainment system installed.

All in all we are very pleased with our motorhome. We would love to hear from other Thor Super C owners out there.

Marshall and Deanna Poe
Old 03-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #6

State: Texas
THOR #1532
The 3Trax system seemed to fix the problem on mine.

For SiriusXM, I used a "pluggable" radio. If you think about it, it makes much more sense than a permanent radio.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I59XQKO

Why?

Because I have docks in most of my vehicles. I have one in my Jeep Wrangler, one in my Jeep Cherokee, one in my motor home, and one in my truck. Experience has told me I can't drive more than one vehicle at a time. So, I can unplug it from my truck and put it in the RV when we go on a trip. Then when we arrive, I can unplug it from the RV and put it in the Jeep we towed. One subscription, saves ~$100 a month per vehicle. I also have a boombox I can plug it into for use at our pool, or by the RV for those rare times we want music while camping.
https://www.amazon.com/SiriusXM-SXSD.../dp/B00M0FDN9I

In the 33SW, I never found a good place for the antenna. I simply placed the antenna on top of the car mount that came with the radio. I'm sure there's a better way though.

EDIT: Forgot, the CO2/Propane sensor went out on mine, too. I unhooked it, took out the factory smoke detector and put in a Nest Protect. This way I get alerted on my phone if something goes wrong. I kept thinking "what if the RV catches fire outside the house while we are asleep?" Problem solved.