Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2018, 01:48 AM   #1

State: Alabama
THOR #7147
2017 Freedom Elite

Had the RV for 9 months, it’s been in the shop for almost 3 months. Boy did I make a bad purchase.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #2

State: California
THOR #9612
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablackburn View Post
Had the RV
for 9 months, it’s been in the shop for almost 3 months. Boy did I make a bad purchase.
Have mine since July, use for 7 days, still not back from warranty work, it's close tho, became

an a....s an things are getting

done, wish you luck, call your manufacturer costumer service, mine told me nothing they can do, things change when I got upset
Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 AM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Had the RV for 9 months, it’s been in the shop for almost 3 months. Boy did I make a bad purchase.
Actually, compared to some you are way ahead: You've had the RV more than the dealer has.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 02:16 AM   #4

THOR #9612
So true
Old 01-03-2018, 03:14 AM   #5

Model: 24HE
State: Florida
THOR #10225
What about lemon laws? Here in Florida, the chassis qualifies under the law.

Pete
Old 01-03-2018, 03:17 AM   #6

THOR #9612
California is weak laws
Old 01-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #7

THOR #7147
The problem is with the slide, not covered under the lemon law.
Old 01-03-2018, 02:43 PM   #8
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm sorry to hear that you're regretting the purchase.
Things WILL get better: try to keep believing!
Good luck!
(Mine is still in the shop also...)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 06:42 PM   #9

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.4
THOR #9721
What kind of issues are you all putting your coach in for?
RV Travel Bug
Tearstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:02 PM   #10

Model: Freedom Elite 26HE
State: Illinois
THOR #4282
Yup. Pretty typical to have issues for all the RV brands. Hope you don't just think its a freedom elite thing.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #11

THOR #7147
Slide went out did not retract. Picked it up after 3 weeks in the shop, took it home to clean it, put the slide out would not retract.
Old 01-06-2018, 02:47 PM   #12

THOR #7147
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentilebrian View Post
Yup. Pretty typical to have issues for all the RV brands. Hope you don't just think its a freedom elite thing.

Agreed, however I blame Thor and Camping World for the time it takes to get a warranty replacement part from Thor, and camping world for the time it takes them to order the part, and install it. Like I said before BUYER BEWARE!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:03 PM   #13

THOR #9209
I'm so glad that I have the ability to fix most of my issues myself. I too have a freedom elite from camping world. Took it in for some warranty issues. Got it back with some of the same issues. Started checking into it found out that they never even did the work but there work order said they did. When I went in and confronted them. They got the deer in the headlight look. From then on till my warranty expired I got the parts for free and fix the issues that they never could get fixed. Yes it cost me some time but I know it's done and done right.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:12 PM   #14

THOR #7147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkan6058 View Post
I'm so glad that I have the ability to fix most of my issues myself. I too have a freedom elite from camping world. Took it in for some warranty issues. Got it back with some of the same issues. Started checking into it found out that they never even did the work but there work order said they did. When I went in and confronted them. They got the deer in the headlight look. From then on till my warranty expired I got the parts for free and fix the issues that they never could get fixed. Yes it cost me some time but I know it's done and done right.

How did you get the parts for free? I know what part is bad, however CW said that a Technician has to look at it to confirm what is wrong. That takes 3 weeks, then they have to order the part from Thor that’s another two weeks. Now it has to be installed, time unknown.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #15

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
No guarantees but in my experience if you contact Thor directly and ask them to send you the part so that you can fix it yourself they will. I’ve only needed minor parts and I always was able to email them photos of the bad part so there was no question that it was bad. But they never said they only could work through their dealer network. I had a problem with my awning motor and contacted Lippert directly and they too were happy to ship me a new one without any hassle. I didn’t have a photo of a problem but apparently I described an issue they have seen before. Despite what some forum members will tell you I think most companies are actually interested in supporting their customers and I have found that frank and honest requests made without anger or accusation are pretty well received. And as dkan 605s points out by doing repairs yourself you will save the hassle and frustration of dealing with sometimes indifferent dealers, you will learn a lot about how your coach works and you will be confident in your repairs.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:32 PM   #16

Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
THOR #4656
If under warranty, Thor will send you the parts. Mine arrived next day. They ask that you return the bad parts and included a shipping label to do so. CW causes my BS Meter to overheat. The only reason their service takes so long is their priorities.

1. Get new units ready for sale.
2. Get used units fixed if the buyer is standing in front of them.
3. Get non-warranty work done.
4. Get warranty work started so as to run out the clock, go slow, very very
slow. Do not take parts from your parts bin. Order them when you have
something else to order or wait for the monthly stocking. Order wrong part.
Order wrong part again. Do not waste valuable phone time by informing
customer or their repair status.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #17

THOR #9209
Quote:
How did you get the parts for free? I know what part is bad, however CW said that a Technician has to look at it to confirm what is wrong. That takes 3 weeks, then they have to order the part from Thor that’s another two weeks. Now it has to be installed, time unknown.
When I caught them in an out right lie and threatened to sue.
Old 01-06-2018, 03:36 PM   #18

THOR #9209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
No guarantees but in my experience if you contact Thor directly and ask them to send you the part so that you can fix it yourself they will. I’ve only needed minor parts and I always was able to email them photos of the bad part so there was no question that it was bad. But they never said they only could work through their dealer network. I had a problem with my awning motor and contacted Lippert directly and they too were happy to ship me a new one without any hassle. I didn’t have a photo of a problem but apparently I described an issue they have seen before. Despite what some forum members will tell you I think most companies are actually interested in supporting their customers and I have found that frank and honest requests made without anger or accusation are pretty well received. And as dkan 605s points out by doing repairs yourself you will save the hassle and frustration of dealing with sometimes indifferent dealers, you will learn a lot about how your coach works and you will be confident in your repairs.
Thanks, I just wish there were some type of quality or standard within the RV world. There wiring diagrams suck!! Lol
Old 01-06-2018, 03:43 PM   #19

THOR #7147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dkan6058 View Post
When I caught them in an out right lie and threatened to sue.

with business practices like this, when I upgrade Camping World and Thor will not be included. I am just glad I didn’t purchase my final RV from Thor or CW. So there is a bright spot on this purchase.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #20

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Well I’m not sure any others are different. Your experience with another dealer/brand might be different or it might not. Good luck.