Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-11-2017, 12:34 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 31W
State: Michigan
THOR #9522
I'll find out on Saturday but are any of the smaller under floor storage areas full width? I don't remember seeing any that were accessible from both sides but is there a deep cross coach storage area that would hold a typical EZ-UP?

Thanks,
Pete

1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
petefoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:22 PM   #22

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by george_d View Post
Congrats! Are you getting the 31W, or something else? We've been pretty happy with ours so far and love getting out with it. We just purchased a street legal 2017 RZR 900 4 seater to tow behind and after we get back from Hawaii next week we're heading out to Moab, UT to visit a few of the National Parks there for the very first time (and we've lived here in UT for 12+ years...so sad). Enjoy your coach!
Curiosity, when you say street legal does your RZR have a license tag? We are moving to an area that allows golf carts but only in the city limits. I’ve thought about a side by side and know I can get turn signals, etc but don’t know about tagging for use in other areas. Thanks!
Old 10-11-2017, 03:04 PM   #23

State: Utah
THOR #8552
Quote:
Originally Posted by petefoss View Post
I'll find out on Saturday but are any of the smaller under floor storage areas full width? I don't remember seeing any that were accessible from both sides but is there a deep cross coach storage area that would hold a typical EZ-UP?

Thanks,
Pete
Storage is seriously lacking in the 31W. There are no cross coach storage areas. The biggest one might hold a compact ez-up, but not certain.
Old 10-11-2017, 03:09 PM   #24

THOR #8552
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Curiosity, when you say street legal does your RZR have a license tag? We are moving to an area that allows golf carts but only in the city limits. I’ve thought about a side by side and know I can get turn signals, etc but don’t know about tagging for use in other areas. Thanks!
The RZR has been inspected for all basic safety features that a car or motorcycle has and the DMV has issued a licence plate with annual tags. I think different counties may have different rules, but in my county (the strictest in the state) it can't travel on roads marked 50 mph and up.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:36 PM   #25

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2019 Coachman Catalina
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5432
Our 2016 31W has a pretty large storage area in the back, it goes all the way under the bed. I have seen the newer ones have it cut in half for some reason. I assume it now has under bed storage inside instead. You could possibly remove the panel in between and have the larger outside storage. Ours also came with a spare tire mounted under the back. I made a mount for mine on the bumper so I could display my Disney Fort Wilderness tire cover.

As far as tires go I still carry the 16" spare but the wheels and tires on mine are now 17.5 commercial tires. Much less chance of needing a spare now.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:47 PM   #26

THOR #9522
A question about the inverter on the 31W. What is connected to it and do we have control over what is powered and what is not? Obviously the fridge adn I have read the TV's. Any chance the oulets beside the bed are live when the inverter is running?

Is there a typical 12V "cigarette lighter" socket anywhere for 12V devices like USB chargers?

Thanks,
Pete

PS. IS IT SATURDAY AT 930 YET SO WE CAN GO PICK OUR UP!!!!!!
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
Old 10-12-2017, 10:35 PM   #27
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Is there a typical 12V "cigarette lighter" socket anywhere for 12V devices like USB chargers?

Thanks,
Pete

PS. IS IT SATURDAY AT 930 YET SO WE CAN GO PICK OUR UP!!!!!!
Will have normal 12v outlets in dash area. Thor's page (https://www.thormotorcoach.com/fourw...oor-plans/31W/) shows 'Pop-Up Countertop Outlet & Charging Center for Electronics' - whether the charging center is 12v/110v or on inverter I don't know.
Can't answer if there would be any others but...
Typically simple to add 12v powered USB outlets if needed - which would be more efficient than running thru inverter. I know someplace in FL that will do it for you...

Saturday is almost here!!!
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 03:12 PM   #28

THOR #5432
Just went out and checked mine. The only things that work is the fridge, front tv, and bedroom tv. No other outlets work. There is a double outlet behind the tv in our bedroom that you could plug something into if you were dry camping. We have the alarm clock plugged into ours, then we mounted it to the top of the hall closet facing the bed. It never looses time when we are driving because of the inverter.

I really don't think you can change much about where the inverter is running to. It is all wired through the inverter, The power runs through it even when it is off.

We have a USB charging station above the door. I think they put one somewhere in all of them now. If it doesn't work check that it is wired correctly. Ours and many others on here are wired backwards and it must be wired correctly for it to work. Most other 12V items can be wired with the power going either way but all the new electronic stuff now(USB chargers, LED lights) have to be wired so the power is going in them in the right direction.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:30 PM   #29

THOR #9522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Druff View Post
Just went out and checked mine. The only things that work is the fridge, front tv, and bedroom tv. No other outlets work.
I can confirm that the TV's and fridge are running of the inverter. How do I stop that and put it in storage mode? I missed that in our walk through this morning.

Pete
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
Old 10-14-2017, 10:51 PM   #30

THOR #8552
Storage switch is the bigger red switch to the left of the inverter.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:35 PM   #31

THOR #9522
Quote:
Originally Posted by george_d View Post
Storage switch is the bigger red switch to the left of the inverter.
Thanks George!

Actually on mine it's on the inverter itself to turn it on and off. Or are you talking about something else George?

Pete
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
Old 10-14-2017, 11:43 PM   #32

THOR #5432
If you turn off the inverter at the remote switch it should be off. I only turn mine ON if we are unplugging.
Old 10-14-2017, 11:53 PM   #33

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
Reference the extended warranty, tire/wheel warranty and coach-net.

Best advice I've seen on the extended warranty is to take the money you were going to spend and put in an account to use after your initial warranty.

Tire/wheel warranty. We bought this one. Did the math and 1 tire would be worth the cost of the entire tire warranty. This past summer we had a tire puncture with a very slow leak that could not be repaired. Reread my warranty paperwork and called the tire warranty company. Tire was replaced with the exact same tire (Michelin) the next day. Worked with the local tire company and they accepted assignment of the tire insurance. Warranty folks were a little slow to pay but they did in about 14 days. Tire warranty cost $450. Tire cost $550. I still have 4.5 years on my warranty. Excellent value.

Coach-Net - Thor has been excellent with assistance and The Hartford AARP has the best roadside assistance available. Works out the best for us.

Just our experience.
Old 10-15-2017, 12:58 PM   #34

THOR #9522
Ok I'm confused. What does the main power momentary switch do? On shore power it effects the voltage displayed on the inverter but No other effect I can see?
1977 Tioga 24 foot RV
Old 10-15-2017, 01:59 PM   #35

THOR #5196
This is a good alternative to an EZ-UP canopy. This is my second one, got it at Walmart for about $49, has fiberglass poles, full screened enclosure, and folds into a carrying case that will fit in to just about any compartment. You can buy online or at the store. Size is 9x13.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B6AB4BF5-5A14-4A83-824C-59903A78FB2F.jpeg
Views:	196
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	7350
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	031E9937-9FB6-4149-BDBD-4B66FE60973D.jpeg
Views:	116
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	7351  
Old 10-15-2017, 02:13 PM   #36

State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
This is a good alternative to an EZ-UP canopy. This is my second one, got it at Walmart for about $49, has fiberglass poles, full screened enclosure, and folds into a carrying case that will fit in to just about any compartment. You can buy online or at the store. Size is 9x13.

Attachment 7350

Like the looks of this do you know the item number?
Old 10-15-2017, 04:57 PM   #37
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Ok I'm confused. What does the main power momentary switch do? On shore power it effects the voltage displayed on the inverter but No other effect I can see?
Sounds like the use/store switch?

On shore power all it will do is connect the converter/charger to the batteries - which will show an increase in input voltage at the inverter panel.
Since the converter is already supplying 12v to the rest of the rig, won't see anything else.

When not on shore power, should be more noticable... Interior lights would go on/off, etc.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 05:16 PM   #38

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamJanTan View Post
Like the looks of this do you know the item number?
Here is the number.

Ozark TrailWalmart #: 550040914
Old 10-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #39

State: Tennessee
THOR #7227
Quote:
Here is the number.

Ozark TrailWalmart #: 550040914

Thanks will definitely look into this. Really hate putting an EZ-UP up and down. Do you feel this is easier?
Old 10-15-2017, 08:24 PM   #40

THOR #5196
I think it’s easier because it doesn’t weigh much, I can usually have mine up in about 5 min. First couple of times take a little longer until you get the hang of how it goes together. Walmart has a couple of other canopies that are similar, go to their website and search for screened canopies. I like the one I bought because it’s compact, light, and easy to setup, you may find one you like better.