Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-17-2019, 05:14 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #14481
2018 thor freedom traveler

Hi. I am wanting to know what is a fair price on a 2018 thor freedom traveler. Msrp is 119995 and sale prive is 74995 at camping world. First time buyer and need help. Thanks for any advice

Old 02-17-2019, 12:58 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbush View Post
Hi. I am wanting to know what is a fair price on a 2018 thor freedom traveler. Msrp is 119995 and sale prive is 74995 at camping world. First time buyer and need help. Thanks for any advice
Welcome to the forum. My advice is shop online at many different sites. That's what we did, and after viewing all of them we got a pretty good idea of what a good price was.
Old 02-17-2019, 01:02 PM   #3

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: Virginia
THOR #4468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbush View Post
The 2020 models arrive soon. That price is too high. And beware of CW; they will try to add thousands in various fees after you agree on a price.

2018 Hurricane 31S (sold)
mpinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 01:09 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Welcome, Do your reseach by typing in your year model and see what the dealers are qouting. Many will be less than the sales price.

Is this USED or Brand new? How many miles on it?

When I purchased my Axis from camping world (2017) I knew their competition was selling brand new ones for about $10K less than the CW sales price. So offer them $15K LESS (like $60 K in your case then you can come up to $65K?).

Be prepared to walk away. I stood up twice when they were resistant to my price.... and guess what.... they caved and I was about $10K less than sales price. Plus I had them throw in a 40 inch LCD TV, full tank of full, $100 (or $200??) CW gift card to use in the CW store.

Dont forget in April the 2020 will be hitting the dealers (for sure by May). So they will be highly motivated to sell this 2018.

IMO dont bother with the extended warrantee - Esp if your handy.

I did purchase one but only after Sams Club qouted me one cheap (like $1200 or 1300 for 4 years?). So told CW "no, I dont need one". Well they wont take NO for an answer and they started out at $6000, then they finally asked me what it would take. I told them like $900 or $1000 for 5 years and they did it!! I never used it but I guess its nice to have for the near future.

Take your time and DO NOT PAY THEM until you do the walk through. Make them fix everything (so be preparied to leave it for a week or two) but if you hold that check they will fix it much quicker.

Good luck.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 02:28 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
The price will be forgotten; long before you forget all of the good times!

Welcome to the forum, and have fun shopping.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:06 PM   #6

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
I wouldn’t pay the asking price. CW will deal but you need to push them pretty hard - they say they can’t but they will. That said the asking price isn’t bad if it was a 2019. If you can bring yourself to do it say “no” and stand up to leave at least once just to see what happens. As mentioned above it helps to have a competitors lower price to show them and say you’re willing to drive to get it if they can’t beat it. In the end only you can decide if you are willing to pay the price. As long and winding road says you can get them down a HUGE amount on the extended service plan if you feel like you really need it. Also know that you have 30 days to decide on the service contract and that there are a LOT of exclusions that they say are covered but aren’t really when the chips are down. Most of all I agree with Bob Denman - go for it as best you can and embrace the lifestyle. You’ll have a ball!