Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2017, 03:32 AM   #21
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Call me old fashioned but I prefer the non euro look I have in my 2016 24.1.
I imagine there is more storage with that arrangement but to me the decor somehow looks cold.
Only my opinion and in this case if it pleases it's new owner then it's a home run!
Regardless of my opinion I'm sure you are going to love it and I wish you many happy adventures in your new 24.1.
Having viewed those photos...I still LOVE our 2016 AXIS !! The only thing I like about the new style is the sink cover...but, we solved that issue with our cover...and I like our stove ...
again...just my opinion...we are so happy and anxious to begin our camping season !!

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 03:39 AM   #22
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Here's a similar angle of previous kitchen for comparison. On these pictures it makes aisle look a tiny bit wider, but that may be an optical illusion due to distance photo was taken.
Thanks Chance...
This photo does not depict our 2016 24.1 .. we have a convection/microwave above...and no oven under cooktop...below the cooktop, we have 2 very big, deep drawers.... a big plus for me !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-06-2017, 04:11 AM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
I imagine there is more storage with that arrangement but to me the decor somehow looks cold.
Only my opinion and in this case if it pleases it's new owner then it's a home run!
Regardless of my opinion I'm sure you are going to love it and I wish you many happy adventures in your new 24.1.
You make an excellent point, although I think the dark color of this prototype doesn't help. It may look warmer in different finishes -- I'm not sure.

In any case, I'm drawn more to functional designs, and simplicity. I do like the stove a lot, not as sure about a microwave below counter elevation -- prefer them at eye level.

I do hope the entire new kitchen cabinet is a couple of inches less deep to make the aisle wider. This won't matter as much on 24.1, but should help on living areas without slides.

I'm curious where pictures came from. I'd like to see the outside as well. I was told by salesman they had made the 24.1 rear storage compartment larger, but from these pictures I doubt they changed much.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:19 AM   #24

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
Nice looking. The new look reminds me of the Roadtreks. I like the extra light from the larger window. Would miss the large bottom draw that my pots and pans fit perfectly in.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:27 AM   #25

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #6782
Interested in the Solar ready feature

Any photos or description would be wonderful.

Congrats.
fknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 08:09 AM   #26

State: Michigan
THOR #5189
Welcome to Vegas family
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4823.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	266.2 KB
ID:	4478   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4819.jpg
Views:	264
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	4479  

Old 04-06-2017, 11:49 AM   #27

State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
where did you get these? Thanks!
Old 04-06-2017, 11:55 AM   #28

THOR #6877
Petew - you Vegas garage is awesome! Wish I had the real estate for the same....
Old 04-06-2017, 12:13 PM   #29

THOR #5374
Thank you Croused and again welcome to the family and I hope you enjoy the hell out of your new Vegas !!
Old 04-06-2017, 01:25 PM   #30

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
I prefer the cabinets in my 2017 Axis but like the overall new design of the kitchen in the 2018 models.
The microwave in my coach is almost out of reach for me. It could pose a risk when getting hot items out.
I like the larger window and the two burner cook top in the 2018 but my favorite change is the new sink with the included sink cover.
Changing out the sink in my coach will be high on my to do list.
Old 04-06-2017, 02:21 PM   #31

THOR #6919
2017 25.5

I made the choice of the 25.5 over the 24.1 and couldn't be happier. Going g to use the beds as twin size more than enough room and the bathroom is so huge as well as the pantry and clothes closet. These are very hard to find. I never drove a motor home and my maps flaked out and by mistake took me in the rain during rush hour through downtown charlotte, my husband was having a heart attack but I did a great job if I must say so myself with this 27 ft baby! Has anyone had to add a 2x4 to stabilize the flip up counter inside the cabinet cause it's very flimsy? We just sit in it and can't believe we own it. Can't wait for out first trip,
Old 04-06-2017, 02:49 PM   #32

THOR #6877
Supposedly only changes outside in the 2018 is the armless awning and they got rid of patio light so you'll know when you see it by those two external features.
Old 04-06-2017, 03:48 PM   #33

THOR #6919
Good luck with it and many happy travels!!!!
Old 04-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #34

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Supposedly only changes outside in the 2018 is the armless awning and they got rid of patio light so you'll know when you see it by those two external features.
Front cap, grill, and hood which should be most noticeable.

Also wider storage compartment door -- whatever that really means. Was told by one salesman near factory the rear compartment was larger on 24.1 but I doubt it's been updated to Euro-garage size.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:18 PM   #35

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
2018 Changes

I'm not sure if it's standard equipment or an option but the 2018 I saw also had a hookup to allow you to connect a grill to your propane tank. This ran under the rear bumper to be accessible on the curbside rear corner of the coach.

Here are a couple more photos. (I rotated these before I uploaded them but they still came in 90 degrees off. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.)

I took these photos about two weeks ago at a dealer in Sebring, FL. He was told it was a 2018 prototype and that there is only one other "loose in the wild".

I tried to order a 2018 25.2 but was told that Thor couldn't deliver one sooner than 12 weeks from now and that the price would be increasing by $4000. So I purchased a used 2016 rig from CW in Ft. Myers.

To my knowledge the dealer still has this unit (Florida Outdoors in Sebring, FL) and has it priced at the 2017 base.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_431.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	4485   Click image for larger version

Name:	fullsizeoutput_433.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	4486  

Old 04-06-2017, 04:23 PM   #36
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Quote:
I'm sure it was a financial decision for them.
Old 04-06-2017, 04:53 PM   #37

THOR #6999
2018 Price

I think that they bought it at the 2017 price. They called me last Thursday (3/30) and offered a "really attractive price" if I would sign a contract by the end of the day on Friday. I was only interested in the 25.2 and had already taken delivery on my 2016 so I had zero interest in pursuing it.
Old 04-06-2017, 07:43 PM   #38

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
I'm not sure if it's standard equipment or an option but the 2018 I saw also had a hookup to allow you to connect a grill to your propane tank. This ran under the rear bumper to be accessible on the curbside rear corner of the coach.

Here are a couple more photos. (I rotated these before I uploaded them but they still came in 90 degrees off. Someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.)

I took these photos about two weeks ago at a dealer in Sebring, FL. He was told it was a 2018 prototype and that there is only one other "loose in the wild".

I tried to order a 2018 25.2 but was told that Thor couldn't deliver one sooner than 12 weeks from now and that the price would be increasing by $4000. So I purchased a used 2016 rig from CW in Ft. Myers.

To my knowledge the dealer still has this unit (Florida Outdoors in Sebring, FL) and has it priced at the 2017 base.
Nice, the fixed the bathroom faucet also I see! I think mine is the one in the wild coming up from Florida that I get next week....a complete photo montage will be forthcoming!
Old 04-06-2017, 08:16 PM   #39
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sforl View Post
I prefer the cabinets in my 2017 Axis but like the overall new design of the kitchen in the 2018 models.
The microwave in my coach is almost out of reach for me. It could pose a risk when getting hot items out.
I like the larger window and the two burner cook top in the 2018 but my favorite change is the new sink with the included sink cover.
Changing out the sink in my coach will be high on my to do list.
I can see for some that the microwave/convection under the cooktop would be good...for us, it works well above it !
If the changes in the bathroom sink and faucet are correct...I like ! We have already changed out our faucet to lever type. We are happy !

More info on the solar modification would be good to know !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #40

THOR #6999
Wild One

If that is the case, then the photos I've been posting are of your rig. I also took it for a test drive and I can tell you that it handles very nicely. I'll be going by that dealership tomorrow sometime and I'll take a look and see if it's still there.

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1