Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2017, 08:35 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
Knee high microwave

My wife liked that feature also. The higher location that has been standard is just a little too high for her. She thought that the knee high would work well, but I felt that it would a real pain.

Old 04-06-2017, 09:01 PM   #42
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
2018 Vegas/Axis

Two burner stove and not porcelain. Looks like stainless.
Old 04-07-2017, 10:11 PM   #43
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
You make an excellent point, although I think the dark color of this prototype doesn't help. It may look warmer in different finishes -- I'm not sure.

In any case, I'm drawn more to functional designs, and simplicity. I do like the stove a lot, not as sure about a microwave below counter elevation -- prefer them at eye level.

I do hope the entire new kitchen cabinet is a couple of inches less deep to make the aisle wider. This won't matter as much on 24.1, but should help on living areas without slides.

I'm curious where pictures came from. I'd like to see the outside as well. I was told by salesman they had made the 24.1 rear storage compartment larger, but from these pictures I doubt they changed much.
CHANCE off this subject...today, received new issue of MotorHome Magazine
... knowing you do not want slides and twin beds are attractive..
Nexus and Coach House, both offer those features in 23' (approximate) length on the E450 chassis.....
only problem I see is....for both of their B+ models, list price is in the neighborhood of $130K
and...I still do not see that much needed oversized interior storage which you are looking for !!!

So much for that !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 10:48 PM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
CHANCE off this subject...today, received new issue of MotorHome Magazine
... knowing you do not want slides and twin beds are attractive..
Nexus and Coach House, both offer those features in 23' (approximate) length on the E450 chassis.....
only problem I see is....for both of their B+ models, list price is in the neighborhood of $130K
and...I still do not see that much needed oversized interior storage which you are looking for !!!

So much for that !!
Yeah, no US company is going to build a small motorhome with a Euro style garage. At least not until a Hymer does it first, and if successful in US market, then they'll copy it. We've given up on having it our way on this "must have".

Regarding my comments to petew about his liking the old fashion cabinetry better (versus Euro style), it can be seen on other Thor lines (Sprinter and Gemini galleries may be the ones I look at) that some brands incorporate a similar kitchen design while maintaining traditional cabinets. Others use the new design along with Euro cabinets. The two appear different design options that are not dependent on each other.

The galleries do show that Euro-style cabinets look very different in lighter finishes. The dark color would not be my first choice.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:32 PM   #45

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
I'll be going by that dealership tomorrow sometime and I'll take a look and see if it's still there.
Sage, I would love to see pics of the exterior if you see this unit again. Curious about the front cap, passenger side and rear storage.

Also, with these armless awnings, anyone know how you adjust tilt?
Old 04-08-2017, 12:57 PM   #46

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
Sage, I would love to see pics of the exterior if you see this unit again. Curious about the front cap, passenger side and rear storage.

Also, with these armless awnings, anyone know how you adjust tilt?
I posted a couple of exterior pictures from their WEB site on this thread. It's around post #40.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...as-6658-2.html
Old 04-08-2017, 01:26 PM   #47

THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
I posted a couple of exterior pictures from their WEB site on this thread. It's around post #40.

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f17...as-6658-2.html
Oh, I've been busy getting our Axis ready for a trip and missed the pics you posted, Chance! Thanks for pointing them out. I like the bigger kitchen window, but don't see many differences outside, including the size of that rear cargo door. Still wonder how you tilt awning with no arm to grab.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:08 PM   #48

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
Oh, I've been busy getting our Axis ready for a trip and missed the pics you posted, Chance! Thanks for pointing them out. I like the bigger kitchen window, but don't see many differences outside, including the size of that rear cargo door. Still wonder how you tilt awning with no arm to grab.
Yeah, they have quite a few outside pictures on their site, but I didn't post more of them because I could not see any difference at all other than the front cap, hood, and grill; and of course the awning. On the Vegas I like the new look.

The rear compartment door on curb side looks dimensionally identical to me. They should make door larger in my opinion.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:26 PM   #49

THOR #6523
Ok, I found the pics on the website. Agree, that cargo door should be bigger; maybe they'll change it. I know when the 25.5 first came out there was a window in the bathroom which quickly disappeared as new models showed up at dealers.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #50

THOR #2121
As far as I can tell, it was only the rear awning support arm that kept the door from extending more towards rear of coach.

On related subject, while many 24.1 owners like their night table drawers, I think their impact on rear compartment space utilization comes at too high a cost. The rear compartment could be so much larger by simply getting rid of two small drawers, plus relocating whatever else is under them.
Old 04-09-2017, 09:35 AM   #51

Model: 2017 Thor Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #7058
Quote:
Originally Posted by petew View Post
Call me old fashioned but I prefer the non euro look I have in my 2016 24.1.
I imagine there is more storage with that arrangement but to me the decor somehow looks cold.
Only my opinion and in this case if it pleases it's new owner then it's a home run!
Regardless of my opinion I'm sure you are going to love it and I wish you many happy adventures in your new 24.1.
Also love your garage Petew. I have a 2017 Thor Vegas 24.1 and eventually want property where I can add one. Was the garage difficult to add?
Old 04-09-2017, 01:48 PM   #52

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #5374
Thanks Jimbo, The level of difficulty was low for me because all
I did was hand cash to my neighbor (he is a building contractor) as he built it !
On the serious side no not difficult at all. That side of my shop the property is much lower and that turned out to be a bonus because it brought that rather tall roof peak down closer to the shops roof . It did require several loads of fill to make it flat .
Other than that it was a basic, fast build and really not too expensive. Best part is if you drive by my house you can't see it at all from the street !
Old 04-14-2017, 04:10 PM   #53

Model: Vegas 24.1
THOR #6877
2018 Vegas 24.1

Well delivery of our 2018 Vegas 24.1 has been delayed. According to General RV, Thor held up 14 new units while they do more checkout of the new front cap. Apparently the old design front caps had been experiencing cracking (anyone have this problem?) so the 2018 has a new design that their management need to sign off on. So hopefully taking delivery of unit next week. Would be interested to hear from anyone regarding the front cap design issue.
Old 04-14-2017, 04:40 PM   #54
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused
Well delivery of our 2018 Vegas 24.1 has been delayed. According to General RV, Thor held up 14 new units while they do more checkout of the new front cap. Apparently the old design front caps had been experiencing cracking (anyone have this problem?) so the 2018 has a new design that their management need to sign off on. So hopefully taking delivery of unit next week. Would be interested to hear from anyone regarding the front cap design issue.
I wonder if those are the first 14 2018 units they made? Not many 2018's around here (there was that discussion of the 2018 that was in a show and was labelled a "prototype"!? Seems odd to me as automakers usually destroy prototypes for liability reasons).

Our experience wouldn't be relevant as our front cap is likely one of the very first designs (and I'm sure Thor is on rev 5 or 6 by now LOL).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 06:29 PM   #55
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918
Delay

Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
First I have a 2016 Vegas and never had a cracking problem you describe.
I do have a Windsport on order and it's delivery date has been delayed 3 times.
The latest date was 4/14 which did not happen. When I contacted the dealer I was told that Thor production was running behind. Very frustrating.

Kev
Old 04-14-2017, 07:49 PM   #56

THOR #2121
Quote:
Is it possible you are referring to early Axis and Vegas windshields that cracked? I don't recall reading about front caps that cracked also.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:26 PM   #57

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Our 2016 24.1 Axis is currently at the dealership. The problem is not the front cap, it is the engine access hood. Cracking on all four corners of the grill. Thor is replacing the grill under the remaining time of our warranty. They have to paint the new hood to match the rest of the front cap.
Old 04-14-2017, 10:39 PM   #58

THOR #6523
Quote:
I thought you were getting one that's being brought up from Florida.
I've never heard about cracking front caps either (just early model windshields which has been addressed).
Old 04-15-2017, 01:33 AM   #59

State: Michigan
THOR #5226
Wondering if the new stainless sink will fit in the 2017 ... the cover is definitely nice and I like the window but not enough to give up the extra burner or to place the microwave lower and lose the drawer...maybe because I'm tall enough to reach the microwave. I would love to have the ability to connect a grill or my outdoor stove to the propane tank. Has anyone done a modification on the 2017?
Old 04-15-2017, 01:57 AM   #60

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
Here is the part you will need to "Y" the propane. Later in the year mod for me.

Stanbroil Propane Brass Tee with 4 Port Adapter for Motorhomes Tank RV Camping-100% Solid Brass
by Stanbroil

http://a.co/aIJgeHd
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1