RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-26-2017, 08:49 PM   #101
Junior Member
 
1fortheRoad's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
Posts: 17
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Here's some pics of new RV.


Thanks for the pics!you've got to be happy for sure!going to check around here locally and see when some of the dealers will be getting them in!i'm ready to buy when I can make a deal! Still have some Loose ends to tie up here.. we are in the process of selling a lake vacation property so as soon as thats done will be buying and do some local RVing in the area and when my wife retires next yearWill be heading someplace warmer for sure!
__________________

__________________
1fortheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #102
Junior Member
 
1fortheRoad's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
Posts: 17
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post


I like the outside entertainment and big TV… Everybody's looking for an outside kitchen I don't think I need it! I can do pretty good with my little weberQ grill. give me a nice awning and outside entertainment and I am in heaven!
__________________

__________________
1fortheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:14 PM   #103
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,112
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
I like the outside entertainment and big TV… Everybody's looking for an outside kitchen I don't think I need it! I can do pretty good with my little weberQ grill. give me a nice awning and outside entertainment and I am in heaven!
We agree with you regarding the outside kitchen. We have a small gas grill and it serves us well. When camping, we generally do not watch much tv,... surprisingly, we have used our outside tv when a game or race is on .
Nice addition.
__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #104
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
2018 Vegas 24.1 - Get an alignment!

Wow wow wow! Just got the alignment done today at the Jim Brown Ford Fleet center in Livonia - what a difference! It is so much firmer and easier to control at freeway speeds. Anyone buying new - make sure to have this done as soon as you have it loaded up the way you expect to travel. Also had the check engine light on and Ford determined there was an Emission PRV valve that was bad (after 360 miles!) so thats covered under warranty at least.
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:38 AM   #105
Junior Member
 
1fortheRoad's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
Posts: 17
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
We took delivery of 2018 Vegas 24.1 this last weekend. Even with the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer and bump stops its still feels a little squirrelly driving. Part of that Im sure is me just getting use to to a big RV vs car but I will also be taking in for alignment this week.



They forgot to give me a ladder for the bunk and more of a concern, the Axxtera radio/camera system seems to be cutting out while I am driving intermittently. Has anyone had this issue?



The couch table leg support screws pulled out of the particle board on first disassembly, short ineffective screws, I am epoxying them back on.



The table closet mounts are worthless and I will be implementing one of the solutions others on this forum have used. Has anyone just resorted to storing tables under the mattress on the bunk?



Other than that, we are pretty excited to take it out for the first road trip next weekend.


I thought the ladder and the table stow behind the couch! At least this is what I've seen in other videos? Maybe I'm wrong? Have you gotsome short trips planned for break in.
__________________
1fortheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:53 AM   #106
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,365
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
I thought the ladder and the table stow behind the couch! At least this is what I've seen in other videos? Maybe I'm wrong? Have you gotsome short trips planned for break in.
Pretty sure the 17 and up model stopped storing the table and table poles behind the couch for some reason. Our '16 model stores them there and it is very convenient. We put our exterior window MagneShades behind the couch too.
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:55 AM   #107
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,365
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Wow wow wow! Just got the alignment done today at the Jim Brown Ford Fleet center in Livonia - what a difference! It is so much firmer and easier to control at freeway speeds. Anyone buying new - make sure to have this done as soon as you have it loaded up the way you expect to travel. Also had the check engine light on and Ford determined there was an Emission PRV valve that was bad (after 360 miles!) so thats covered under warranty at least.
Still curious when you said you had a steering stabilizer installed by the dealer and have referred to it as a Saf-T-Plus. Did your selling dealership actually install a Saf-T-Plus and not offer to have you pay for an alignment too?
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:57 AM   #108
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Axis 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 164
THOR #6523
Our '17 Axis has the tables & poles in the hall closet with the flimsy clips for the tables everyone is complaining about. We store our ladder in the front pass through storage space.
__________________
TexAxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:02 AM   #109
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 4,858
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Pretty sure the 17 and up model stopped storing the table and table poles behind the couch for some reason. Our '16 model stores them there and it is very convenient. We put our exterior window MagneShades behind the couch too.
Going strictly from memory of what I've seen at RV shows, the original couch seemed much different and was farther from wall, leaving more space for storage of tables, etc. The newer couch design seems to hug wall closer. For me it's also more comfortable to sit on, and makes into bed without an air mattress. Again, I'm going from memory which could be off a bit. After a while they start to blur together.
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:09 AM   #110
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: '17 Axis 24.1
State: Texas
Posts: 164
THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Going strictly from memory of what I've seen at RV shows, the original couch seemed much different and was farther from wall, leaving more space for storage of tables, etc. The newer couch design seems to hug wall closer. For me it's also more comfortable to sit on, and makes into bed without an air mattress. Again, I'm going from memory which could be off a bit. After a while they start to blur together.
Correct, on the '17 there's no room to store anything behind the couch; and no air mattress.
__________________
TexAxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:21 AM   #111
Senior Member
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
Posts: 4,858
THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
Correct, on the '17 there's no room to store anything behind the couch; and no air mattress.
When I sat on the original couch I felt a steel bar just under my thighs near the knees, as if there wasn't enough padding and I was bottoming out. The newer couch must not have that bar, or at least I couldn't feel it. It's an improvement in my book, and worth having to store the table somewhere else.
__________________
Chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:22 AM   #112
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
Posts: 221
THOR #2123
On my ladder I loosened the screw on the bracket/hook and folded them inward. Then put under the mattress. 24,000+ miles that way and not a problem!
__________________
Keith Birkhofer
Get busy living or get busy dying. It's your choice!
Marine By Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 01:02 PM   #113
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,193
THOR #1150
Yeah I like the newer couches better, more comfortable and no effin air mattress.

For our bunk ladder I threw it in our sticks-n-bricks basement and left it there (our teenager climbs up on the bunk without the use of the ladder).
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:20 PM   #114
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Still curious when you said you had a steering stabilizer installed by the dealer and have referred to it as a Saf-T-Plus. Did your selling dealership actually install a Saf-T-Plus and not offer to have you pay for an alignment too?
General RV installed Safe-T-Plus and bump stops for a fee but would/could not do alignment. Ford did alignment and charged me $159 which I felt was reasonable and it made a world of difference. Seems silly for Thor to be modifying these chassis which immediately requires a service call, they should be right up front with that in their pricing but this Forum had given me a heads up.
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:31 PM   #115
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
I like the outside entertainment and big TV… Everybody's looking for an outside kitchen I don't think I need it! I can do pretty good with my little weberQ grill. give me a nice awning and outside entertainment and I am in heaven!
Nice that the LP BBQ outlet now provided on rear bumper....we look forward to doing most of the cooking outside on grill.
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 03:33 PM   #116
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yeah I like the newer couches better, more comfortable and no effin air mattress.

For our bunk ladder I threw it in our sticks-n-bricks basement and left it there (our teenager climbs up on the bunk without the use of the ladder).
Funny about your teenager Jamie, our guests will probably be older friends so I think I need to get the ladder! Thanks so much for all the suggestions from this Forum, it has really gotten me off to a much better start (and drained my wallet)!
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 04:23 PM   #117
Junior Member
 
1fortheRoad's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
Posts: 17
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Nice that the LP BBQ outlet now provided on rear bumper....we look forward to doing most of the cooking outside on grill.


This is what we use and it will be going with me for sure! Great for burgers or steaks or anything else!small enough for the for the wife and I...But if you want you can Cook for a family of five! It's super efficient on LP!all I am seeing around here locally is 2017 models of the Vegas or AXisClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2323.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	4770

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FDOONEC...a-273250506659
__________________
1fortheRoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #118
Senior Member
 
SuperD's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
Posts: 3,692
THOR #5196
Personally I love our outside kitchen! I store utensils, grill spices, paper towels, and use the sink to clean up. The outside kitchen is one of the big reasons we chose our coach! The fridge is unplugged and used for storing extra drinks and other items we don't need to refrigerate, comes in pretty handy!
__________________
USMC Veteran
FMCA 101070S

Dave & Myra
One day your life will flash before your eyes,
make sure it's worth watching!
SuperD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:59 PM   #119
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,193
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad
This is what we use and it will be going with me for sure!
Hey we carry an old weber BabyQ the precursor to that grill (have to use a small propane tank with it though, as our Axis doesn't have the BBQ outlet near the back).

We've had that thing through several RV's now; a great little BBQ.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 06:48 PM   #120
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,112
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
I thought the ladder and the table stow behind the couch! At least this is what I've seen in other videos? Maybe I'm wrong? Have you gotsome short trips planned for break in.
Our 2016 24.1 stows the table and ladder behind couch...think that was changed 2017 ... and appears, from comments, that it was not a good move !
__________________

__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×