Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #121
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb
Our 2016 24.1 stows the table and ladder behind couch...think that was changed 2017 ... and appears, from comments, that it was not a good move !
As always any change involves compromise: The change to the new couch introduced a better, more comfortable couch at the expense of table storage.

I do like how the tables store behind the couch on our model, but I'd also like a more functional couch (I think we're still mixed on the theater chairs as we'd like to retain the 3 seatbelted passengers on the couch).

The hide-a-bed that our couch folds into requiring an air mattress, however, is horrendous! I think we've already punctured two of them with it.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM   #122
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
As always any change involves compromise: The change to the new couch introduced a better, more comfortable couch at the expense of table storage.

I do like how the tables store behind the couch on our model, but I'd also like a more functional couch (I think we're still mixed on the theater chairs as we'd like to retain the 3 seatbelted passengers on the couch).

The hide-a-bed that our couch folds into requiring an air mattress, however, is horrendous! I think we've already punctured two of them with it.
I agree with you Jamie....we like the storage behind our couch, but the couch is not as comfortable as we would like...we have toyed with going to the lounge chairs as a replacement...but like you, we don't like the idea of giving up the seat belts which we use on rate occasion.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 06:42 PM   #123

State: North Carolina
THOR #6919
I was wondering, I have to get mine done as well and facility where I bought it said it was under warranty. First did you bring it to a regular Ford dealership? Wondering how they can accommodate an RV and did they arrange for the warranty work? Was an alignment under warranty?

Thanks
Karen
Old 04-28-2017, 07:18 PM   #124
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr View Post
I was wondering, I have to get mine done as well and facility where I bought it said it was under warranty. First did you bring it to a regular Ford dealership? Wondering how they can accommodate an RV and did they arrange for the warranty work? Was an alignment under warranty?

Thanks
Karen
Karen...are you referring to alignment ? If so, a Ford Truck Center or Local Alignment facility who can accommodate a large vehicle is what you need.

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-28-2017, 07:55 PM   #125

THOR #6919
Thanks but wanted to know if this is typically covered under a new warranty as it seems like many are needing it when it comes from the factory. Mine does only drove it home from dealership. Going on first maiden voyage Monday and Tuesday to try it out and see how the flushing/water system works, if ya know what I mean???lol.....first timers....
Old 04-28-2017, 09:45 PM   #126
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr
Thanks but wanted to know if this is typically covered under a new warranty as it seems like many are needing it when it comes from the factory. Mine does only drove it home from dealership. Going on first maiden voyage Monday and Tuesday to try it out and see how the flushing/water system works, if ya know what I mean???lol.....first timers....
Sadly: no the alignment isn't covered under any warranty.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:04 PM   #127

THOR #6919
Normally I would say no but I was told it was for the first one if it came that way from the factory.....
Old 04-28-2017, 10:19 PM   #128

State: Georgia
THOR #3436
It looks like they moved the microwave to below the stove, to give more cabinet space above the stove
Old 04-28-2017, 10:23 PM   #129
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenr View Post
Normally I would say no but I was told it was for the first one if it came that way from the factory.....
If you can get alignment done under warranty...good luck to you ! The majority of us have had it done by an independent/Ford Truck Center...keeping in mind..if you take it to your RV dealer you may wait for several weeks to several months to get the job done. I believe some have found that Ford has covered it under warranty.

I am sure someone will add more information regarding this.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 04-28-2017, 10:37 PM   #130

Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
If you can get alignment done under warranty...good luck to you ! The majority of us have had it done by an independent/Ford Truck Center...keeping in mind..if you take it to your RV dealer you may wait for several weeks to several months to get the job done. I believe some have found that Ford has covered it under warranty.

I am sure someone will add more information regarding this.

Generally if any work is done as far as stabilization or front end/suspension isn't an alignment really needed! Maybe I'm wrong? Generally just an additional cost!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:31 AM   #131

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #6782
Yup that's how our 2017 is. NO storage behind the couch.
fknapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 01:51 AM   #132

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6523
Snapped a couple of pics of the sofa in our 2017 Axis today. 2nd pic is with the cushions pushed forward to show the back that's up against the wall.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4490.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	119.3 KB
ID:	4776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4491.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	4777  

Old 05-08-2017, 04:28 PM   #133

THOR #6877
Quote:

Jamie, I took off the Passenger workstation expecting to see the Chassis battery and saw the attached instead. I want to install the quick fill on the battery. Am I suppose to cut out the square to get to it? David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RVchassisBattery.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	4855  
Old 05-08-2017, 04:42 PM   #134
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Yup the square is probably held on the backside by some sealer/tape. Battery replacement would also involve cutting out that panel.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:09 PM   #135

THOR #6877
Quote:
Yup the square is probably held on the backside by some sealer/tape. Battery replacement would also involve cutting out that panel.
Weird that they make access to the chassis battery so difficult but provide convenient spring screws on top of dash to access the radio/camera multiplexer which I would probably never need to access! Im copying all your wise mods so far, front radiator grill screen, dog house insulation, screen bar, house battery fill system....etc. Had a PRV emissions valve go bad and just had replaced on warranty at Bill Brown Ford Fleet center...pretty happy with their service team so far (they did the alignment also).
Old 05-08-2017, 05:13 PM   #136

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
Generally if any work is done as far as stabilization or front end/suspension isn't an alignment really needed! Maybe I'm wrong? Generally just an additional cost!
Ford did not cover under warranty (and it is reasonable that they should not consider that Thor modified the vehicle). Nevertheless, The $160 I just paid for alignment made a big improvement in handling. With the bump stops and steering stabilizer Im really happy with the handling now.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #137

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
I was under the impression that the chassis battery was "maintenance free" and didn't need the fill device. I know the coach batteries aren't. Got a 2016 VEGAS here.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:49 PM   #138

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I was under the impression that the chassis battery was "maintenance free" and didn't need the fill device. I know the coach batteries aren't. Got a 2016 VEGAS here.
Well now I am curious....if it is maintenance free (sealed) then I won't bother otherwise a fill kit is in order.....
Old 05-08-2017, 05:49 PM   #139
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike
My 2014 doesn't have a maintenance free chassis battery.
Old 05-08-2017, 06:15 PM   #140

Model: 16 Vegas 24.1 6 sp
State: Washington
THOR #3051
My 2016 was not a maintenance free. I installed the quick fill from the front. you have to remove the vent hoses to see what your doing.

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1