RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-08-2017, 08:28 PM   #141
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
OK, that is helpful, I will try that first before I cut into the access board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw887 View Post
My 2016 was not a maintenance free. I installed the quick fill from the front. you have to remove the vent hoses to see what your doing.
__________________

__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:01 PM   #142
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,112
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I was under the impression that the chassis battery was "maintenance free" and didn't need the fill device. I know the coach batteries aren't. Got a 2016 VEGAS here.
Mike...on our 2016 Axis, the Chassis Battery is NOT maintenance free...Ron checked water levels yesterday and all is well. He did move the the air vent hoses around a bit for easier access to the battery without going through the dash access.
__________________

__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 12:31 AM   #143
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw887 View Post
My 2016 was not a maintenance free. I installed the quick fill from the front. you have to remove the vent hoses to see what your doing.
Wow, just checked out the chassis battery access from the front grill, going to be tough either way to access that battery! Definitely needs quick fill plugs installed! Cant even figure out how you are suppose to get oil in the fill port....no way can you upturn a can in there!
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 03:32 PM   #144
faa
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
Posts: 2
THOR #6758
croused...

I'm wondering if you would be so kind as once you have everything tweaked to your liking to post a complete list of what you did, including what you had the dealer do before you took delivery. I am planning on a 2018 24.1 vegas purchase later this year and I would love to "steal" from your hard work.

Thanks!!
__________________
faa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:28 PM   #145
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by faa View Post
croused...

I'm wondering if you would be so kind as once you have everything tweaked to your liking to post a complete list of what you did, including what you had the dealer do before you took delivery. I am planning on a 2018 24.1 vegas purchase later this year and I would love to "steal" from your hard work.

Thanks!!
Certainly. Im in the process of documenting changes to date now. I have relied heavily on experience of JamieGeek and Bevedfelker (maker of the definitive users manual for Vegas 24.1!) and others on this forum for insights. Most important thing to consider are: Surge Suppressor, Steering Stabilizer / Bump stops and Front End alignment after you take delivery. I had Dealer install stabilizer, bump stops and surge suppressor and Ford do the alignment.
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:44 PM   #146
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: S.O.B.
State: California
Posts: 1,365
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Certainly. Im in the process of documenting changes to date now. I have relied heavily on experience of JamieGeek and Bevedfelker (maker of the definitive users manual for Vegas 24.1!) and others on this forum for insights. Most important thing to consider are: Surge Suppressor, Steering Stabilizer / Bump stops and Front End alignment after you take delivery. I had Dealer install stabilizer, bump stops and surge suppressor and Ford do the alignment.
Don't forget a water pressure regulator and water filter for hook up to city water.... The water pressure at our house can be as high as 70-80 psi in the middle of the night. Could spell disaster for the plumbing on the RV.
__________________
axis earl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #147
Senior Member
 
Mo_Mike's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
Posts: 1,005
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Mike...on our 2016 Axis, the Chassis Battery is NOT maintenance free...Ron checked water levels yesterday and all is well. He did move the the air vent hoses around a bit for easier access to the battery without going through the dash access.
Thanks for the correction. I was told by the dealer that it was maintenance free, so hadn't maneuvered my way in there to double check..
__________________
Mo_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:25 PM   #148
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Don't forget a water pressure regulator and water filter for hook up to city water.... The water pressure at our house can be as high as 70-80 psi in the middle of the night. Could spell disaster for the plumbing on the RV.
Good catch....I did those also....so much great knowledge and experience on this forum, would not have wanted to get into this new lifestyle without you all!
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:39 PM   #149
Member
 
St Nick's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: North Carolina
Posts: 59
THOR #7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy3308@hotmail.com View Post
Welcome to Vegas family
Great setup sir! Will be doing the same with these two soon!!!Click image for larger version

Name:	20161003_150731.jpeg
Views:	288
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	4883Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2017-05-09-15-03-31.png
Views:	357
Size:	227.0 KB
ID:	4884
__________________
St Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 10:22 PM   #150
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 14
THOR #7522
New owner here of the 2017

Hi guys - super newbie here and we just bought the 2017 Vegas 24.1 - does anyone use the couch bed? And if so what sheets fit it best? Full or queen?
__________________
Lucy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:51 AM   #151
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,175
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.

My 2014 has a different setup for the couch so I can't answer that question.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:05 AM   #152
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,112
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy P View Post
Hi guys - super newbie here and we just bought the 2017 Vegas 24.1 - does anyone use the couch bed? And if so what sheets fit it best? Full or queen?
Welcome to the forum !
If your bed has the air mattess...it is a small queen...so anything you get will be either too small or too large !

If it is a jack knife bed...then, someone with same must help you !!

Happy camping !
__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #153
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
24.1 IKEA night stands!

Cheap and handy shelves for 24.1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4895.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	5064  
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #154
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,175
THOR #1150
Wow cool and unique use.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:37 PM   #155
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 14
THOR #7522
Wow that is a great idea! Thanks for sharing.
__________________
Lucy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #156
Senior Member
 
halfprice's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: California
Posts: 2,706
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by St Nick View Post
Great setup sir! Will be doing the same with these two soon!!!Attachment 4883Attachment 4884
Great set up Nick. I have the same mh and jeep except mibes an Unlimited Sport same color

Jerry
__________________
https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...mods-4609.html
Jerry, Maria, and Sasha 6lb Yorkie
2017 Thor Hurricane 29M
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:39 PM   #157
Member
 
St Nick's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: North Carolina
Posts: 59
THOR #7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
Great set up Nick. I have the same mh and jeep except mibes an Unlimited Sport same color

Jerry
Very cool Jerry! A Jeep and an RV....what more could a person ask for!!!
__________________
St Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:14 PM   #158
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
Posts: 22
THOR #7322
croused: Where is the electric outlet for the galley - is it by the steps, next to the flip-up counter extension? We'll be looking at the '18 24.1 if for no other reason than the covered sink and cooktop change (easier to create work and cutting board space), plus the lower micro/convection (I'm 5'2"). We also share bed space with dogs!
__________________
sfmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 09:52 PM   #159
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
croused: Where is the electric outlet for the galley - is it by the steps, next to the flip-up counter extension? We'll be looking at the '18 24.1 if for no other reason than the covered sink and cooktop change (easier to create work and cutting board space), plus the lower micro/convection (I'm 5'2"). We also share bed space with dogs!
Yes, there is 110V outlet right there. 2018 changes are nice, they did a lot of things that those in the forum with older models retrofitted:

Sink cover, single handle bathroom fixture, external LP outlet for BBQ, Solar ready, armless awning...etc. Good luck!
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #160
Senior Member
 
sepesce's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
Posts: 107
THOR #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy P View Post
Hi guys - super newbie here and we just bought the 2017 Vegas 24.1 - does anyone use the couch bed? And if so what sheets fit it best? Full or queen?


Hi Lucy

We have a 2017 24.1 and we use a full size sheet There are 4 of us and my teenaged daughter sleeps on the pull out couch very comfortably. We purchased a 3 in memory foam and cut it to fit. I put the full size fitted sheet on the memory foam and put it in top of pull out couch. I roll it up (with sheet on) put a couple bungies to hold it and then store it on one of the back twin beds or across both beds at back of coach and use it as a bolster when not being used for a couch.

I also added 3 in memory form to the drop down bed in the front of coach where my teen son sleeps. I leave it on when we raise the bed in the morning. Everyone gets a good night sleep

Happy travels!!!
__________________

__________________
Sandy
sepesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×