Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2017, 09:32 PM   #161
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
Hi Lucy

We have a 2017 24.1 and we use a full size sheet There are 4 of us and my teenaged daughter sleeps on the pull out couch very comfortably. We purchased a 3 in memory foam and cut it to fit. I put the full size fitted sheet on the memory foam and put it in top of pull out couch. I roll it up (with sheet on) put a couple bungies to hold it and then store it on one of the back twin beds or across both beds at back of coach and use it as a bolster when not being used for a couch.

I also added 3 in memory form to the drop down bed in the front of coach where my teen son sleeps. I leave it on when we raise the bed in the morning. Everyone gets a good night sleep

Happy travels!!!
Where did you get your Memory Foam Mattress ?

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:26 PM   #162

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Where did you get your Memory Foam Mattress ?

Walmart , I think SAMs club sells them too
Old 06-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #163

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
I googled rv mattress and got it delivered from Sams it's a hybrid spring memory foam .it was around $200 for queen it sleeps great
Old 06-11-2017, 11:27 PM   #164

Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
I googled rv mattress and got it delivered from Sams it's a hybrid spring memory foam .it was around $200 for queen it sleeps great

That does sound very comfortable. just to qualify mine was not a mattress but a 3 inch topper that can be rolled and stowed.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:18 PM   #165

Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
THOR #7322
A question of tires on the Axis / Vegas

Concerning tires: I think I saw an image of Michelin tires on a 24.1. Is this the standard tire, and have you people found therm to be a decent tire - not the "China bomb" quality on many trailers?
Old 06-13-2017, 07:25 PM   #166
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
Concerning tires: I think I saw an image of Michelin tires on a 24.1. Is this the standard tire, and have you people found therm to be a decent tire - not the "China bomb" quality on many trailers?
Our Axis has approximately 10k miles on it...Michelins are doing good so far!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #167

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
The Michelins are great tires. I ran 24,000 miles on my Vegas and they were stilll as good as new. I ran Michelins for 36,000 miles on a Class C and they still had lots of miles left. I would not change them for any other tire.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:03 PM   #168

State: Florida
THOR #1249
I have a little over 30k on the Michelins and they still look good and run good with plenty of tread.

I had good service from Hankook tires on a 24ft. Sprinter also. When the Michelins wear down, I may consider the Hankooks again. Hankooks are popular with a good many RVers.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:46 AM   #169

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post

This is the one I bought
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/10in-r...ledetect=false
Old 07-16-2017, 07:45 PM   #170

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
THOR #7522
wow nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
Hi Lucy

We have a 2017 24.1 and we use a full size sheet There are 4 of us and my teenaged daughter sleeps on the pull out couch very comfortably. We purchased a 3 in memory foam and cut it to fit. I put the full size fitted sheet on the memory foam and put it in top of pull out couch. I roll it up (with sheet on) put a couple bungies to hold it and then store it on one of the back twin beds or across both beds at back of coach and use it as a bolster when not being used for a couch.

I also added 3 in memory form to the drop down bed in the front of coach where my teen son sleeps. I leave it on when we raise the bed in the morning. Everyone gets a good night sleep

Happy travels!!!
Thank you wow that really helps!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:51 PM   #171

State: Colorado
THOR #7522
Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Cheap and handy shelves for 24.1
Wow super good idea - what did you use to bolt them in?

And thank you for sharing these awesome ideas!
Old 07-16-2017, 10:26 PM   #172

State: Ohio
THOR #8373
We were in a 2018 on Friday, biggest change we saw was the cabinets. And maybe the sink is deeper, but I may be thinking of a different sink. The gas line was run to door side for grill hook up which is a nice update.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:17 PM   #173

State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Stupid Mistakes I have made....

Okay, just learned a good and subtle lesson on the electrical system that most of you veterans probably know. I've had my rig parked for a few weeks waiting for the next big trip. I was aware of the fact that house batteries discharge over time with small misc. loads (CO2 sensor, radio, etc.) so thought I was being smart to plug in 15AMP cord from house. The surge suppressor showed good voltage, the battery panel showed full charge and all was good ....I thought. I put the Store/Use relay in Store mode just to be safe (big mistake).

After two weeks I went to start up and found that house batteries were dead and the Store/use relay would not reset. Chassis battery was fine and I drove to General RV for some other warranty work. Was informed that 15AMP supply will not charge house batteries if the Store/Use relay is not in the Use mode even though I will see the battery indicator show a full charge. Once the batteries fall below 2V the Store/Use relay will not reset and the Engine alternator cannot recharge the house batteries. lesson learned!
Old 07-20-2017, 06:19 PM   #174
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Okay, just learned a good and subtle lesson on the electrical system that most of you veterans probably know. I've had my rig parked for a few weeks waiting for the next big trip. I was aware of the fact that house batteries discharge over time with small misc. loads (CO2 sensor, radio, etc.) so thought I was being smart to plug in 15AMP cord from house. The surge suppressor showed good voltage, the battery panel showed full charge and all was good ....I thought. I put the Store/Use relay in Store mode just to be safe (big mistake).

After two weeks I went to start up and found that house batteries were dead and the Store/use relay would not reset. Chassis battery was fine and I drove to General RV for some other warranty work. Was informed that 15AMP supply will not charge house batteries if the Store/Use relay is not in the Use mode even though I will see the battery indicator show a full charge. Once the batteries fall below 2V the Store/Use relay will not reset and the Engine alternator cannot recharge the house batteries. lesson learned!
Yup leave in use when plugged in. Only time to put in store is when its stored and not plugged in.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #175

State: Texas
THOR #10991
interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Here's a photo of the 2018 24.1 kitchen.
looks like my 18 25.2 vegas.
funny, I never looked an axis cuz I liked the headlight configuration better on the vegas.
my engine oil drain plug is on the side of the pan at a 45 degree anfle about 13 inches aft of the engine crossmember...sweet!!

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1