RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 06-11-2017, 10:32 PM   #161
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,112
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
Hi Lucy

We have a 2017 24.1 and we use a full size sheet There are 4 of us and my teenaged daughter sleeps on the pull out couch very comfortably. We purchased a 3 in memory foam and cut it to fit. I put the full size fitted sheet on the memory foam and put it in top of pull out couch. I roll it up (with sheet on) put a couple bungies to hold it and then store it on one of the back twin beds or across both beds at back of coach and use it as a bolster when not being used for a couch.

I also added 3 in memory form to the drop down bed in the front of coach where my teen son sleeps. I leave it on when we raise the bed in the morning. Everyone gets a good night sleep

Happy travels!!!
Where did you get your Memory Foam Mattress ?
__________________

__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:26 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
sepesce's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
Posts: 107
THOR #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Where did you get your Memory Foam Mattress ?


Walmart , I think SAMs club sells them too
__________________

__________________
Sandy
sepesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 11:53 PM   #163
Member
 
churd9's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
Posts: 96
THOR #6481
I googled rv mattress and got it delivered from Sams it's a hybrid spring memory foam .it was around $200 for queen it sleeps great
__________________
churd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 12:27 AM   #164
Senior Member
 
sepesce's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: New Jersey
Posts: 107
THOR #4184
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
I googled rv mattress and got it delivered from Sams it's a hybrid spring memory foam .it was around $200 for queen it sleeps great


That does sound very comfortable. just to qualify mine was not a mattress but a 3 inch topper that can be rolled and stowed.
__________________
Sandy
sepesce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 04:18 PM   #165
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: FourWinds 24F
State: New Hampshire
Posts: 22
THOR #7322
A question of tires on the Axis / Vegas

Concerning tires: I think I saw an image of Michelin tires on a 24.1. Is this the standard tire, and have you people found therm to be a decent tire - not the "China bomb" quality on many trailers?
__________________
sfmurph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:25 PM   #166
vkb
Senior Member
 
vkb's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
Posts: 2,112
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
Concerning tires: I think I saw an image of Michelin tires on a 24.1. Is this the standard tire, and have you people found therm to be a decent tire - not the "China bomb" quality on many trailers?
Our Axis has approximately 10k miles on it...Michelins are doing good so far!
__________________
Ron & Kay n KC too !
2016 Axis 24.1 E-450 6 spd.
'KC's Big Box'
Jeep Wrangler TJ
or 6x10 enclosed motorcycle trailer
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:47 PM   #167
Senior Member
 
Oneilkeys's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
Posts: 2,434
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfmurph View Post
Concerning tires: I think I saw an image of Michelin tires on a 24.1. Is this the standard tire, and have you people found therm to be a decent tire - not the "China bomb" quality on many trailers?
The Michelins are great tires. I ran 24,000 miles on my Vegas and they were stilll as good as new. I ran Michelins for 36,000 miles on a Class C and they still had lots of miles left. I would not change them for any other tire.
__________________
Oneilkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 09:03 PM   #168
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
Posts: 1,051
THOR #1249
I have a little over 30k on the Michelins and they still look good and run good with plenty of tread.

I had good service from Hankook tires on a 24ft. Sprinter also. When the Michelins wear down, I may consider the Hankooks again. Hankooks are popular with a good many RVers.
__________________
2015 Thor Vegas 24.1 in Ocala
mcr1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 01:46 AM   #169
Member
 
churd9's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
Posts: 96
THOR #6481
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9 View Post
I googled rv mattress and got it delivered from Sams it's a hybrid spring memory foam .it was around $200 for queen it sleeps great


This is the one I bought
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/10in-r...ledetect=false
__________________
churd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:45 PM   #170
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 14
THOR #7522
wow nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sepesce View Post
Hi Lucy

We have a 2017 24.1 and we use a full size sheet There are 4 of us and my teenaged daughter sleeps on the pull out couch very comfortably. We purchased a 3 in memory foam and cut it to fit. I put the full size fitted sheet on the memory foam and put it in top of pull out couch. I roll it up (with sheet on) put a couple bungies to hold it and then store it on one of the back twin beds or across both beds at back of coach and use it as a bolster when not being used for a couch.

I also added 3 in memory form to the drop down bed in the front of coach where my teen son sleeps. I leave it on when we raise the bed in the morning. Everyone gets a good night sleep

Happy travels!!!
Thank you wow that really helps!
__________________
Lucy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 08:51 PM   #171
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Colorado
Posts: 14
THOR #7522
Great Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Cheap and handy shelves for 24.1
Wow super good idea - what did you use to bolt them in?

And thank you for sharing these awesome ideas!
__________________
Lucy P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 11:26 PM   #172
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Ohio
Posts: 11
THOR #8373
We were in a 2018 on Friday, biggest change we saw was the cabinets. And maybe the sink is deeper, but I may be thinking of a different sink. The gas line was run to door side for grill hook up which is a nice update.
__________________
DaveLoriC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:17 PM   #173
Senior Member
 
croused's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 180
THOR #6877
Stupid Mistakes I have made....

Okay, just learned a good and subtle lesson on the electrical system that most of you veterans probably know. I've had my rig parked for a few weeks waiting for the next big trip. I was aware of the fact that house batteries discharge over time with small misc. loads (CO2 sensor, radio, etc.) so thought I was being smart to plug in 15AMP cord from house. The surge suppressor showed good voltage, the battery panel showed full charge and all was good ....I thought. I put the Store/Use relay in Store mode just to be safe (big mistake).

After two weeks I went to start up and found that house batteries were dead and the Store/use relay would not reset. Chassis battery was fine and I drove to General RV for some other warranty work. Was informed that 15AMP supply will not charge house batteries if the Store/Use relay is not in the Use mode even though I will see the battery indicator show a full charge. Once the batteries fall below 2V the Store/Use relay will not reset and the Engine alternator cannot recharge the house batteries. lesson learned!
__________________
croused is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 07:19 PM   #174
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast
 
JamieGeek's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
Posts: 9,168
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Okay, just learned a good and subtle lesson on the electrical system that most of you veterans probably know. I've had my rig parked for a few weeks waiting for the next big trip. I was aware of the fact that house batteries discharge over time with small misc. loads (CO2 sensor, radio, etc.) so thought I was being smart to plug in 15AMP cord from house. The surge suppressor showed good voltage, the battery panel showed full charge and all was good ....I thought. I put the Store/Use relay in Store mode just to be safe (big mistake).

After two weeks I went to start up and found that house batteries were dead and the Store/use relay would not reset. Chassis battery was fine and I drove to General RV for some other warranty work. Was informed that 15AMP supply will not charge house batteries if the Store/Use relay is not in the Use mode even though I will see the battery indicator show a full charge. Once the batteries fall below 2V the Store/Use relay will not reset and the Engine alternator cannot recharge the house batteries. lesson learned!
Yup leave in use when plugged in. Only time to put in store is when its stored and not plugged in.
__________________
2014 Thor Axis 24.1
2018 Chevy Bolt
blog - https://spareelectrons.wordpress.com/
JamieGeek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 05:42 PM   #175
Junior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
Posts: 23
THOR #10991
interior

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
Here's a photo of the 2018 24.1 kitchen.
looks like my 18 25.2 vegas.
funny, I never looked an axis cuz I liked the headlight configuration better on the vegas.
my engine oil drain plug is on the side of the pan at a 45 degree anfle about 13 inches aft of the engine crossmember...sweet!!
__________________

__________________
bergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
×