Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2017, 10:35 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Still Seiki, can someone explain what is the problem with these TVs and why everyone wants to change them out?
At the campgrounds we have stayed at we could not get reception on cable. At home and using the antenna I get over twice as many over the air stations with my new Samsungs which have digital tuners. Momma said switch, I did!!!

Old 04-24-2017, 01:44 PM   #82

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
2018 Vegas 24.1

We took delivery of 2018 Vegas 24.1 this last weekend. Even with the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer and bump stops its still feels a little squirrelly driving. Part of that Im sure is me just getting use to to a big RV vs car but I will also be taking in for alignment this week.

They forgot to give me a ladder for the bunk and more of a concern, the Axxtera radio/camera system seems to be cutting out while I am driving intermittently. Has anyone had this issue?

The couch table leg support screws pulled out of the particle board on first disassembly, short ineffective screws, I am epoxying them back on.

The table closet mounts are worthless and I will be implementing one of the solutions others on this forum have used. Has anyone just resorted to storing tables under the mattress on the bunk?

Other than that, we are pretty excited to take it out for the first road trip next weekend.
Old 04-24-2017, 01:55 PM   #83
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations. That sounds like a relatively short list of things gone wrong lol.

Don't have the Axxera but you may want to pull it out and check the wiring behind it--perhaps there is a loose connection.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:21 PM   #84

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Quote:
We took delivery of 2018 Vegas 24.1 this last weekend. .....cut.....

Congratulations.

If you get a chance, please post a few pictures. I'm particularly interested in the rear storage compartment, to see whether Thor made any changes to the inside of that compartment to go along with the new rear access door.
Old 04-24-2017, 06:25 PM   #85

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Congratulations.

If you get a chance, please post a few pictures. I'm particularly interested in the rear storage compartment, to see whether Thor made any changes to the inside of that compartment to go along with the new rear access door.
No, rear storage is the same, just a slightly larger access door on the passenger side.
Old 04-24-2017, 07:31 PM   #86

State: Minnesota
THOR #7110
Super stoked to see pics! And hear your first experiences. Thanks for sharing! As you know I am recently retired and my wife will be working for a bit yet before we head out on the road!I want to learn as much about this as I can before I purchase what a great forum!
Old 04-24-2017, 08:26 PM   #87

Model: Four Winds 28z
State: Florida
THOR #5725
if you look online you can find pics of 2018 Windsports- must just be coming in now.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:12 PM   #88

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Nice -- very different look. Just rotated the picture.
The stove is pretty spartan, no pizo igniter but we probably won't use a lot. Love the Euro doors but the cabinets are stapled and a lot of the staples heads showing.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:19 PM   #89

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
Super stoked to see pics! And hear your first experiences. Thanks for sharing! As you know I am recently retired and my wife will be working for a bit yet before we head out on the road!I want to learn as much about this as I can before I purchase what a great forum!
1ForTheRoad,

From this forum and my own research, I am super stoked about the Vegas/Axis Thor series (I got the 24.1 because I'm 6'4 and we sleep with dogs so the rear King bed was key. It's very drivable/parkable and yet has very nice features for the price. Anything longer/bigger and I would be doing all the driving because my girlfriend would be unnerved. I have a lot to learn but this forum and its contributors are an invaluable resource to sort through it all.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:22 PM   #90

THOR #6877
2018 Thor Vegas 24.1

Here's some pics of new RV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 5.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	120.7 KB
ID:	4728   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 2.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	4729  

Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender 3.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	104.8 KB
ID:	4730   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4563.JPG
Views:	175
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	4731  

Old 04-24-2017, 10:33 PM   #91
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post
if you look online you can find pics of 2018 Windsports- must just be coming in now.
What website is that? I can't find pics of 2018 Windsport.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:35 PM   #92

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
What website is that? I can't find pics of 2018 Windsport.
One place is MSHRV.COM, don't think they have any pictures yet but they do describe the new changes!
Old 04-24-2017, 10:54 PM   #93
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
One place is MSHRV.COM, don't think they have any pictures yet but they do describe the new changes!
Yes I know about the changes I have one on order.
Just wanted to know where they saw the pics because I can't find any.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:14 PM   #94

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
We took delivery of 2018 Vegas 24.1 this last weekend. Even with the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer and bump stops its still feels a little squirrelly driving. Part of that Im sure is me just getting use to to a big RV vs car but I will also be taking in for alignment this week.

They forgot to give me a ladder for the bunk and more of a concern, the Axxtera radio/camera system seems to be cutting out while I am driving intermittently. Has anyone had this issue?

The couch table leg support screws pulled out of the particle board on first disassembly, short ineffective screws, I am epoxying them back on.

The table closet mounts are worthless and I will be implementing one of the solutions others on this forum have used. Has anyone just resorted to storing tables under the mattress on the bunk?

Other than that, we are pretty excited to take it out for the first road trip next weekend.
Thanks for the pictures!

Interested in where they ran the solar cables...(other than the obvious answer of the roof)
Old 04-24-2017, 11:30 PM   #95

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Thanks for the pictures!

Interested in where they ran the solar cables...(other than the obvious answer of the roof)

I'm also curious to see if they provided any kind of mounting points for attachment of solar panels. Kind of doubt it, but would be nice to have something to bolt to.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:42 AM   #96
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Your pics have GPS tags in them--looks like you were at the dealer when you took them. Might want to visit that when you post pics from home LOL.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 02:26 AM   #97

Model: Thor Axis
State: Mississippi
THOR #6203
Croused
I completed two mods today. One for storing the sewer hose and the second one being the table storage problem! I will post pictures once I figure out how!
Old 04-25-2017, 03:11 AM   #98

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:

Did you specifically tell the dealer to install the Saf-T-Plus?
Old 04-25-2017, 12:14 PM   #99

Model: Four Winds 28z
THOR #5725
Windsport 2018 Pics-
https://www.rvtrader.com/dealers/Cam...-35M-121743141
Old 04-25-2017, 02:01 PM   #100

THOR #2121
Quote:

....cut....
Don't forget that when they align steering, you'll likely have to re-center the Safe-T-Plus steering control. The damper part should still work as before, but the springs (some reports mention they have two) are not adjustable within unit, nor is it adjustable on the fly. Without centering it will pull to one side.

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1