Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-26-2017, 07:49 PM   #101

Brand: Still Looking
State: Minnesota
THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by croused View Post
Here's some pics of new RV.

Thanks for the pics!you've got to be happy for sure!going to check around here locally and see when some of the dealers will be getting them in!i'm ready to buy when I can make a deal! Still have some Loose ends to tie up here.. we are in the process of selling a lake vacation property so as soon as thats done will be buying and do some local RVing in the area and when my wife retires next yearWill be heading someplace warmer for sure!

Old 04-26-2017, 07:54 PM   #102

THOR #7110
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazinskm View Post

I like the outside entertainment and big TV… Everybody's looking for an outside kitchen I don't think I need it! I can do pretty good with my little weberQ grill. give me a nice awning and outside entertainment and I am in heaven!
Old 04-26-2017, 09:14 PM   #103
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad View Post
I like the outside entertainment and big TV… Everybody's looking for an outside kitchen I don't think I need it! I can do pretty good with my little weberQ grill. give me a nice awning and outside entertainment and I am in heaven!
We agree with you regarding the outside kitchen. We have a small gas grill and it serves us well. When camping, we generally do not watch much tv,... surprisingly, we have used our outside tv when a game or race is on .
Nice addition.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #104

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
2018 Vegas 24.1 - Get an alignment!

Wow wow wow! Just got the alignment done today at the Jim Brown Ford Fleet center in Livonia - what a difference! It is so much firmer and easier to control at freeway speeds. Anyone buying new - make sure to have this done as soon as you have it loaded up the way you expect to travel. Also had the check engine light on and Ford determined there was an Emission PRV valve that was bad (after 360 miles!) so thats covered under warranty at least.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:38 AM   #105

THOR #7110
Quote:
We took delivery of 2018 Vegas 24.1 this last weekend. Even with the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer and bump stops its still feels a little squirrelly driving. Part of that Im sure is me just getting use to to a big RV vs car but I will also be taking in for alignment this week.

They forgot to give me a ladder for the bunk and more of a concern, the Axxtera radio/camera system seems to be cutting out while I am driving intermittently. Has anyone had this issue?

The couch table leg support screws pulled out of the particle board on first disassembly, short ineffective screws, I am epoxying them back on.

The table closet mounts are worthless and I will be implementing one of the solutions others on this forum have used. Has anyone just resorted to storing tables under the mattress on the bunk?

Other than that, we are pretty excited to take it out for the first road trip next weekend.

I thought the ladder and the table stow behind the couch! At least this is what I've seen in other videos? Maybe I'm wrong? Have you gotsome short trips planned for break in.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:53 AM   #106

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
I thought the ladder and the table stow behind the couch! At least this is what I've seen in other videos? Maybe I'm wrong? Have you gotsome short trips planned for break in.
Pretty sure the 17 and up model stopped storing the table and table poles behind the couch for some reason. Our '16 model stores them there and it is very convenient. We put our exterior window MagneShades behind the couch too.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:55 AM   #107

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Quote:
Wow wow wow! Just got the alignment done today at the Jim Brown Ford Fleet center in Livonia - what a difference! It is so much firmer and easier to control at freeway speeds. Anyone buying new - make sure to have this done as soon as you have it loaded up the way you expect to travel. Also had the check engine light on and Ford determined there was an Emission PRV valve that was bad (after 360 miles!) so thats covered under warranty at least.
Still curious when you said you had a steering stabilizer installed by the dealer and have referred to it as a Saf-T-Plus. Did your selling dealership actually install a Saf-T-Plus and not offer to have you pay for an alignment too?
Old 04-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #108

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Texas
THOR #6523
Our '17 Axis has the tables & poles in the hall closet with the flimsy clips for the tables everyone is complaining about. We store our ladder in the front pass through storage space.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:02 AM   #109

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Pretty sure the 17 and up model stopped storing the table and table poles behind the couch for some reason. Our '16 model stores them there and it is very convenient. We put our exterior window MagneShades behind the couch too.
Going strictly from memory of what I've seen at RV shows, the original couch seemed much different and was farther from wall, leaving more space for storage of tables, etc. The newer couch design seems to hug wall closer. For me it's also more comfortable to sit on, and makes into bed without an air mattress. Again, I'm going from memory which could be off a bit. After a while they start to blur together.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:09 AM   #110

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #6523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post
Going strictly from memory of what I've seen at RV shows, the original couch seemed much different and was farther from wall, leaving more space for storage of tables, etc. The newer couch design seems to hug wall closer. For me it's also more comfortable to sit on, and makes into bed without an air mattress. Again, I'm going from memory which could be off a bit. After a while they start to blur together.
Correct, on the '17 there's no room to store anything behind the couch; and no air mattress.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:21 AM   #111

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexAxis View Post
Correct, on the '17 there's no room to store anything behind the couch; and no air mattress.
When I sat on the original couch I felt a steel bar just under my thighs near the knees, as if there wasn't enough padding and I was bottoming out. The newer couch must not have that bar, or at least I couldn't feel it. It's an improvement in my book, and worth having to store the table somewhere else.
Old 04-27-2017, 04:22 AM   #112

State: Washington
THOR #2123
On my ladder I loosened the screw on the bracket/hook and folded them inward. Then put under the mattress. 24,000+ miles that way and not a problem!
Old 04-27-2017, 12:02 PM   #113
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Yeah I like the newer couches better, more comfortable and no effin air mattress.

For our bunk ladder I threw it in our sticks-n-bricks basement and left it there (our teenager climbs up on the bunk without the use of the ladder).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 02:20 PM   #114

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Still curious when you said you had a steering stabilizer installed by the dealer and have referred to it as a Saf-T-Plus. Did your selling dealership actually install a Saf-T-Plus and not offer to have you pay for an alignment too?
General RV installed Safe-T-Plus and bump stops for a fee but would/could not do alignment. Ford did alignment and charged me $159 which I felt was reasonable and it made a world of difference. Seems silly for Thor to be modifying these chassis which immediately requires a service call, they should be right up front with that in their pricing but this Forum had given me a heads up.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:31 PM   #115

THOR #6877
Quote:
Nice that the LP BBQ outlet now provided on rear bumper....we look forward to doing most of the cooking outside on grill.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:33 PM   #116

THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Yeah I like the newer couches better, more comfortable and no effin air mattress.

For our bunk ladder I threw it in our sticks-n-bricks basement and left it there (our teenager climbs up on the bunk without the use of the ladder).
Funny about your teenager Jamie, our guests will probably be older friends so I think I need to get the ladder! Thanks so much for all the suggestions from this Forum, it has really gotten me off to a much better start (and drained my wallet)!
Old 04-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #117

THOR #7110
Quote:
Nice that the LP BBQ outlet now provided on rear bumper....we look forward to doing most of the cooking outside on grill.

This is what we use and it will be going with me for sure! Great for burgers or steaks or anything else!small enough for the for the wife and I...But if you want you can Cook for a family of five! It's super efficient on LP!all I am seeing around here locally is 2017 models of the Vegas or AXisClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2323.JPG
Views:	102
Size:	422.5 KB
ID:	4770

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FDOONEC...a-273250506659
Old 04-27-2017, 04:44 PM   #118

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Personally I love our outside kitchen! I store utensils, grill spices, paper towels, and use the sink to clean up. The outside kitchen is one of the big reasons we chose our coach! The fridge is unplugged and used for storing extra drinks and other items we don't need to refrigerate, comes in pretty handy!
Old 04-27-2017, 04:59 PM   #119
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fortheRoad
This is what we use and it will be going with me for sure!
Hey we carry an old weber BabyQ the precursor to that grill (have to use a small propane tank with it though, as our Axis doesn't have the BBQ outlet near the back).

We've had that thing through several RV's now; a great little BBQ.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #120
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Our 2016 24.1 stows the table and ladder behind couch...think that was changed 2017 ... and appears, from comments, that it was not a good move !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2018, solar, vegas 24.1