Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-26-2019, 07:04 PM   #1
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
2019 Axis 27.7

Does anyone have an issue with filling the unit with gas? The pump shuts off constantly while filling unless I hold the handle and dribble it in. It's painful to fill the tank this way.

Old 07-26-2019, 10:38 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Hello and welcome to the site.

There were some issues with the fuel tank vent line getting twisted. These were with Class C's haven't heard of it happening with an Axis or Vegas but it is possible.

May be difficult to get to but that is where I would start: try to get some eyes (or a video camera) on the fuel tank vent line.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2019, 03:55 AM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!
Are you still covered by warranty? Call Thor with this question, warranty or no. Then report back and tell the group what you learned.
Like Jamie said, I think you have some restriction in that vent tube.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:23 AM   #4

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
My money’s on fuel vent tube
Should be a straight forward repair
Old 07-28-2019, 12:33 PM   #5
Mag

THOR #16132
27.7 fuel line

Thanks for the replies. Just returned from a week away and haven't had time to do an exhaustive look. The filler is behind the rear wheels, Thor has extended the original line with about a 3', S shaped metal line with vent attached. The gas doesn't just dump straight into the tank as it would if it was in front of the wheels. I'll have to take a closer look and get back.
Still under warranty till next March.
Old 08-03-2019, 12:05 PM   #6
Mag

THOR #16132
Lightbulb Gas line

Got under the unit and traced the gas line from the filler, to a short rubber line, to the S shaped metal line, to a rubber line to the tank. The rubber gas line into the tank is almost totally flat. There also Looks like it goes slightly uphill to get into the tank. The original configuration for the chassis is a straight line from the filler down into the tank. Now is not the case. Thor is sending a replacement. Will have to see if it can be reconfigured a bit as to elevate the uphill section at the end. Thanks for the replies.
Old 10-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #7
Mag

THOR #16132
Axis gas filler

Thor sent a replacement length of 1-1/4" gas line, the original is 1-1/2". I took it in and had it fixed professionally, don't like messing with things that can go boom. Works like a charm now. The bill goes to the dealer. Thanks for the responses.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:54 PM   #8

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Mag or other 27.7 owners,
Any other problems with a 27.7 as we have finally found one in NC and are considerding a trade in the next few months.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 08:59 PM   #9
Mag

THOR #16132
27.7 issues

We had a number of small things that I have repaired or had repaired and the dealer covered the cost. Haven't had anything major with the chassis or the box on top. Btw, ford includes a 3 year roadside assistance with the E450 chassis, don't know if it's transferable or not. The front grill had pushed up in the Center of the "chrome" plastic cover and had to be replaced. The first replacement had a broken stud, the second was for a Thor Ace although the tag was for an Axis, still waiting for the 3rd replacement, should be in a week or so. Fog lights didn't work, a couple of the LEDs in the front driving lights didn't work and they're fixed in so you have to replace the whole unit, the headlights had to be aimed, should definetally have been on the safety checklist, the rubber at the bottom of the windshield had separated and left a space, cracked rear tail light, the awning leaked under the awning and ran down on the face of the outside wall, broken latch on a drawer, One Control wouldn't do more than one function before it froze, the dealer said I just had to reset it every time, Thor sent me a new unit, just stupid things the dealer should have caught and repaired before the unit ever left the lot. I guess it's easier to fix whatever comes up than go over the entire RV and fix things.
Old 10-26-2019, 09:16 PM   #10

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Mag,
Thanks, I like to know the problems before I start working on the purchase price.
The 2020 Axis 27.7 we found in NC is just 15 miles down the road. Stopped by for an initial "hi" and they started out at MSRP of $124K+ with a "sale" discount to $113K!
Pointed out that just 300 miles away they sell for $89K and one in Ohio for $83.4K.
I think I'll head over to the thread about nothing/everthing as don't want to hijack this thread.
Thanks again.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote