Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2015, 10:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Massachusetts
THOR #1531
new motorhome owners

hello my family and I will soon take delivery of 2015 ACE 29.2 Thor motorhome and seek any comments in the forum about this unit or Thor motorhome line overall.

Old 02-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Welcome to the forum, do not be afraid to ask any question. the only bad question is the one unasked
The wonder Schnauzers
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:32 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
Thor sucks! Make sure you check everything the day you buy it! Of course, you will soon find things that will make you so angry! Thor is very good at hiding their mistakes and lack of quality control. Good luck!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 01:33 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Mulrenan View Post
hello my family and I will soon take delivery of 2015 ACE 29.2 Thor motorhome and seek any comments in the forum about this unit or Thor motorhome line overall.
Welcome to club. There is alot of info out there, just go through it and use what you want and bypass the biased info. Just realize that people that have complatints tend to vent more on forums than people who are happy with no complaints. I probabaly would never had bought my Thor if I took to heart everthing I read, but all RV manufacturers have issues. I didn't get discouraged I took the plunge anyways and have not regreted it. We enjoy it very much and these forums have many improvement ideas that come in handy. If there is any questions, I'm sure you will get plenty on help on here or some other RV forums. Congrats, and enjoy your new rig.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:50 AM   #5

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Florida
THOR #1382
Congratulations on your pending delivery... We've just become the proud owners of a 2015 29.2... Extremely happy with the value of the ACE, and the features. We are a bit concerned about the initial quality of the product. As mentioned above, it is critical that you do a thorough walk thru prior to taking delivery. I'm not personally very happy with the support I've received from my local dealer (Camping World of Tampa). Hopefully, after you've cleared up any initial issues, we both get to enjoy many years of enjoyment in our 29.2s...
Old 02-09-2015, 01:55 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 31L
State: Indiana
THOR #1477
X2 Aero77! We picked up our new Thor Four Winds 31L Friday and I could not be more pleased. I compiled and used a 16 page PDI I to inspect the entire thing. I found one issue; moisture in one of the roof clearance lights. The person who prepped it for us showed me a couple of minor things she found...all simple. Not too shabby for a brand new motor home.

Good luck and have lots of fun!
Old 02-09-2015, 02:24 AM   #7

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Mississippi
THOR #827
Good luck with your new A.C.E.! We purchased a 2014 A.C.E. 29.2 last year. Yes, we've had issues and we are working through them. Been on the road since Oct 29, 2014 with ours.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:48 AM   #8

Model: Super C Chateau 35SK
State: Texas
THOR #921
If possible, before taking it home, spend a couple of nights in the MH to find out what needs to be fixed. It is much harder to get taken care of once you take it home. I had a list of about 8 or 9 things that needed correcting and after I took it home, found a few more. My last dealer experience I had to make an appointment about a month in advance prior to taking it in. Then it took a couple of more weeks to get it fixed.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:34 PM   #9

Model: Freedom Elite
State: Florida
THOR #1616
Holiday, FL fixed all the problems that Tampa did not. I highly recommend them. We have just started using our Freedom Elite and have only had it a month. Tampa could not or just did not fix our furnace. Holiday dealer found problem right away and we were out the door. Holiday told us to take unit to be checked out by Ford dealer because of noise in drive train. They are very thorough. Hope Ford doesn't find any problem with it on 3/17. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2015, 10:53 PM   #10

Model: ACE 29.2
State: Arizona
THOR #1124
I will add this. The BIGGEST issue I had when I bought our used 2013 ACE 29.2 was the genset shutting down from overheating, which eliminated the use of the house AC during travel. Ours "was" located behind the left front wheel, next to the engine. Believing this was the cause of the excessive heat issue and addressing the issue with Thor, they stepped up to the plate and had the genset relocated where the propane tank was (behind right side rear tires). RV Renovators did an outstanding job and Thor authorized a heat shield be built around the propane tank to ease my concern of the heat. True that it wasn't an easy road to hoe to get this done, but in the end, I am extremely thankful that Thor made it right. Most likely, your new 2015 has already had the relocation of the genset to somewhere towards the rear of the coach.
Granted, I haven't used it since the change, but I am confident it will certainly help the issue, if not eliminate it all together. I have no problem reporting back with the final results come summer.
Other issues were with the macerator pump replacement due to "construction debris" in the tanks. This is something you won't be able to check for, unfortunately, until it becomes an issue. Other small things that I have had to fix along the way. Overall, the DW and I are LOVING our ACE. Enjoy your new MH.