Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-13-2015, 02:12 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #1192
Talking 9 months into new Hurricane 34J

I am living in our new RV as I just started a PhD program about 3 hours away from our house. Let me thank everyone for your tips. If anyone is around Tuscaloosa, AL let me know. I will be here for about 6 more years.

Jenn

Old 04-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 34E
State: California
THOR #937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greshamfam View Post
.... about 3 hours away from our house. ....
Heck, that's a typical one-way daily commute for many folks in Southern California, (San Diego County, Palmdale, and Victorville/Apple Valley residents).
Old 04-08-2016, 12:02 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Virginia
THOR #4004
Hey Jenn,
Hope you DON'T have to move it and retract the slide! We purchased ours over the 2015 Memorial Day weekend and have literally had nothing but one problem after another since picking it up.
Our's didn't give us ANY problems, as long as we didn't move. My biggest fear came true on our first major at the beginning of the 4th of July weekend (one month after we purchased it) when the slide went about 4" out and STOPPED! We couldn't get it IN or OUT and by the Grace of God managed to get a hold of a mobile tech that came out the next day. After almost two hours of fiddling, we managed to get it in (so we could drive home) and spent the rest of the weekend with it IN!
It makes for a very uncomfortable, not to mention put a bad taste in your mouth for RV'ing when you have 2 adults, 2 kids and 3 dogs in close quarters for a long weekend.
It has just been one heck of an experience and the manufacturer has been less than helpful throughout the whole process and we are now to a point that we've had to hire an attorney and invoke the Federal Lemon Law on them in HOPES of getting out from under it and getting our money back!

Leo
Old 04-08-2016, 03:09 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Hi Jenn,

Welcome and best of luck. Don't be too alarmed by some of the problems reported here - I imagine there are tons more of us happy campers out there; kind of the silent majority.

Thor solved a problem we couldn't get solved at a dealer, and I was very impressed with their resolve.