Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-05-2017, 11:37 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 29.3
State: Oregon
THOR #5953
Great to hear. I contacted Thor today and hope they will do the same, as it sounds like a pretty common problem.

Old 01-05-2017, 11:49 PM   #22
mrw

Model: A.C.E. 29.3
State: West Virginia
THOR #4502
It was black wire mesh cut to fit. I just zip tied mine on backside... super easy fix
Old 01-06-2017, 12:09 AM   #23

THOR #5953
Interesting fix that sounds like it doubles as a bug screen, which I definitely wanted to purchase soon too. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2017, 05:06 AM   #24

Model: ace 29.3
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5403
I changed the bug screen out and that stopped the whistling. Thor sent me a new for free. I just had my 29.3 aligned and it was way off. Thor will not pay for it and I'm a little pissed off.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:38 AM   #25

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Minnesota
THOR #4198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff g View Post
I changed the bug screen out and that stopped the whistling. Thor sent me a new for free. I just had my 29.3 aligned and it was way off. Thor will not pay for it and I'm a little pissed off.
I thought Ford should cover the alignment. In my case my steering wheel is off center by about 30 degrees when going straight. So I thought I would go to the Ford dealer (truck dealer) and see what they will do. Gotta wait until April when I can take it on the road again though.

John
RadioRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:49 AM   #26

Model: ace 29.3
State: Wisconsin
THOR #5403
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioRanger View Post
I thought Ford should cover the alignment. In my case my steering wheel is off center by about 30 degrees when going straight. So I thought I would go to the Ford dealer (truck dealer) and see what they will do. Gotta wait until April when I can take it on the road again though.

John
Ford won't cover it because it was aligned at the factory. Thor won't cover it because they said it was aligned at the factory. I'm thinking Thor didn't align it properly. I going to send Thor the print out from the alignment and see what they say.
Old 01-13-2017, 05:49 PM   #27

THOR #5953
I asked about this at the dealer and then with Thor and found they do NOT cover alignments. In your case it's possible the alignment was thrown out in transit to your dealer, although I wonder if your steering wheel is so far off center. I'll be taking mine in next month for a first alignment and will report back what I find. From the forum posts so far, some have been right on and others way out, so it's always a good idea to have it checked before you make any serious trips.
Old 01-27-2017, 10:22 AM   #28

THOR #5953
Finally got around to taking our rig to the dealer to fix all the PDI items, and after the tech spent over half a day filling all the holes underneath up front with foam and calling Thor when nothing else would work -- you guessed it -- they're sending out a new grill replacement!

Since then we decided to take it out on a shakedown cruise and all was well until we tried pulling the slide in. It would only go in about 1/3 of the way. Got permission from Thor pretty quickly to have a mobile tech come out and have a look. We both worked to trace root cause to a guide in one of the slide tracks, which was removed and recentered to correct.

Still have yet to do CHF or alignment, which is next on the list. Noticed when big rigs passing fast on the left would scoot me over a few inches when I didn't see them coming up, but otherwise no serious handling problems.

Got a Roadmaster RM3477 dolly for the Civic which seems to be working out well. Good idea to stop and check strap tension after a few miles. Can't really notice electric brakes pulling me back much even at highest sensitivity settings, but I know they are working.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:44 AM   #29

Model: ACE
State: Florida
THOR #698
In one of the storage bins is the electronic controller for the slide(s). There is also a hole where the wiring comes into the unit. Thor did a pretty poor job filling the hole with foam. They also placed the controller with the wires facing up. After driving through rain one day the slide did not go out. There was water in the unit. Had to get a new controller and put in with the wires down and put more foam in the hole.
Have safe travels and enjoy it.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:34 AM   #30

THOR #5953
Thanks for the tip. I will definitely check on that next time I can and see if we have the same issue. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure!

We found the controller in one of the storage compartments too, after Thor rep swore it was inside the coach, and after reading instructions upside down were able to get it into manual mode and try the retraction. It provided no joy since the problem was mechanical. I'm just glad we were able to find and solve the problem by being able to feel our way into the guide and verify where it was binding!

Tags
ace 29.3