Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2017, 03:10 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 34.2
State: New York
THOR #3584
Bratmanstudio, we have the 2016 34.2 and it has more than enough room. My son in law is 6'4" and has no problem moving around inside the unit. We have over 7K on it, and have only had minor to be expected issues. We are keeping our fingers crossed that we continue to have just minor issues... Good Luck with your purchase!!!

Old 07-11-2017, 04:44 PM   #22

State: California
THOR #8228
I think the thing is not so much nitrogen air is almost 80% of the stuff, though it is a lighter gas, from what I understand it's really a question of how much water -the condensation inside the air tank, that rots the inside of the tires and lessens tire life span. Tho as points out you won't find it everywhere at a local pump.
Old 07-11-2017, 07:51 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bratmanstudio View Post
I think the thing is not so much nitrogen air is almost 80% of the stuff, though it is a lighter gas, from what I understand it's really a question of how much water -the condensation inside the air tank, that rots the inside of the tires and lessens tire life span. Tho as points out you won't find it everywhere at a local pump.
The amount of condensation varies based on humidity, the quality of the compressor, and if it had a dryer attached. If you press on the tip of the air chuck and water squirts out that's a problem. A little bit of moisture doesn't hurt anything, serious corrosion to the point it will cause harm is rare and the moisture really won't harm the tires. Your tires are exposed to moisture, rain and water puddles all the time, doesn't hurt them.

Is nitrogen a good thing to put in tires, yes it is. Nitrogen is more resistant to temperature fluctuations, it is a bigger molecule and doesn't leak out as fast, and as was pointed out it's dry. Over a period of 5-7 years will it make a difference, taking in to account price and availability, that's for each person to decide. Personally I don't think the scales balance out.