Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-17-2017, 01:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany XTE 40AX
State: Florida
THOR #7078
frustrated

Hello fellow Thor owners,

My name is Suzzanne and I currently have a 2016 Thor Tuscany XTE 40AX, I am at a loss with the problems that I have had since I took delivery on the 18th of February this year. First, all of my slide gaskets need to be replaced and the bathroom slide did not even have a gasket, I would not have even thought to check because I was reassured that the slide gaskets were on the PDI check list, a friend came over to visit and was sitting on the floor playing with my puppy and said, hey there is light coming in under the sink which is the kitchen slide, so I decided to look through the whole coach and that is when I noticed that there wasn't a gasket on the bathroom slide ,warranty is going to cover all of the repairs on my RV.

I have water coming from the front AC on the inside, I searched the internet on what the cause may be, something about the line on top of the coach being clogged.

I contacted Thor customer service to ask about drain lines on the front and rear AC because the run off goes down the outside kitchen slide wall instead of on the ground, try to avoid black streaks and the representative told me that there were not any drain lines on either AC.

Sorry for the long thread, but I am kind of frustrated (I do like my coach), I just did not plan on experiencing this many issues on a 'new' RV.

Any idea on the AC?

thank you

Suzzanne

Old 04-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #2

Model: Four Winds 26B
State: Indiana
THOR #6414
I can sympathize with your frustrations. We are dealing with a major issue on our Four Winds Class C. It's hard to have patience when you spend so much money and have such major issues. I hope your dealer is better about warranty work than mine... I've turned to an outside source to pursue my warranty repairs. Good luck and stay positive! This is our 6th RV and by far the worst, but like all the rest, will likely all come together in time!
Old 04-17-2017, 01:39 AM   #3

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Unfortunately the QA on any coach, any brand, is not what IMO it should be. On our first coach, a fairly high end 41 foot DP, I spent the better part of the first two years just getting things that were missed or mis-assembled fixed and repaired. On our latest acquisition, the Gemini, it too has suffered a variety of issues, mostly minor, but still requiring multiple trips back to the dealer to resolve. It, is fact is there now, should I hope be ready to pickup tomorrow. Hang in there, and document everything. I fortunately have found Thor responsive to resolving issues, thought the dealer.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:20 AM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Suzzanne, I used to have a Tuscany also, it was very trouble free, guess I got lucky! And no, there are no drain hoses for AC, it does drain off to the side of your coach. Problem wil having a hose for drainage is them getting plugged up with debri, they would be difficult to clear out. After I leveled my coach I went to manual mode and bumped the front up one notch so water would run to the rear.