Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-28-2016, 02:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Indiana
THOR #4939
Anyone have GOOD experience with Camoing World

There are plenty of negative reviews about CW on this site - but I wondered how many people had a GOOD to GREAT experience with them.

Old 07-28-2016, 04:49 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Scott,

I have had no problems working with Camping World of Statesville NC. Together we have gotten all the PDI problems addressed/corrected, warranty work done, safety recall done, odds and ends repairs and replacements done and even (7 months in the making) a house battery problem corrected and reimbursed!

Granted it took time, patience, a few "song and dance" numbers - both by myself and the parts manager - but the problems were resolved.

With that said, I have no problem recommending Camping World of Statesville NC to those who ask...with the following caveat: Document every problem, document every question, every reply in writing and with pictures if possible. Be polite, be calm and be persistent when dealing with warranty issues as you will have to repeat yourself to those companies that Camping World deals with.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #3

Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Tennessee
THOR #3487
Camping World and Thor

We bought our 2015 ACE new a year ago May and have no issues. No warranty work, no complaints. It has taken us across the country and back and around the South. A good rig for us. 8.5 mpg.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20160614_154835.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	223.8 KB
ID:	2589  
Old 07-28-2016, 08:36 PM   #4

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
We as well have had no issues with CW, but that being said all I've had done was a Jack antennae and leveling bubbles installed ( no auto levelers) On the Thor/4 Winds Infinity.

I have a sizable list of things to be updated @ CW on our new to us FT, so will see how that goes.....
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:21 AM   #5

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlesore View Post
We as well have had no issues with CW, but that being said all I've had done was a Jack antennae and leveling bubbles installed ( no auto levelers) On the Thor/4 Winds Infinity.

I have a sizable list of things to be updated @ CW on our new to us FT, so will see how that goes.....
Just an update on Crapping World..
Had CW replace both A/C's and install an up to date satellite dish..

NOT GOOD!
.Even after I told them to DO NOT DRILL HOLES in the pristine fiberglass roof and to use the cable races on the inside of the coach... What did the Einsteins do??? why they drilled holes with self tapping screws every 18 inches down the full length of our coach roof....!

Took the coach to Motorhomes of Nacgdoches TX to straighten out the wiring issues, and to Extreme Paint & Graphics of Nacgdoches TX to straighten the roof issues out.

Not only did CW ruin our roof, they had mis-wired the thermostats for the A/C's also they mis-wired the satellite and both of the TV's.

$9,000 later all is fixed.
This was Camping World of Eugene, Oregon
I will never set foot into another Camping World SHOP...EVER!

http://motorhomesoftexas.com/c#/coac...lt/all/all/all
http://www.xtremegraphics.net/
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1924 (1).jpg
Views:	171
Size:	89.4 KB
ID:	6602   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1925.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	6603  

Name:	IMG_1984.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	99.2 KB
ID:	6604   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1992 (1).jpg
Views:	204
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	6605  

Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:24 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
I had a breakdown on I95 in Pooler Ga spoke to CW as they were 5 miles up the highway. Had it towed there slept in parking lot next morning after them having it for 3 hours said I didn't buy it there they couldn't help me. Had it towed again to an independent shop had me on the road 7 hours later. My brother had a water leak at his water connection while traveling called CW in Myrtle Beach their home town CW ordered parts and got approval from Thor. While in Disney in December I repaired. In May back in Myrtle Beach CW called and said they needed to fix as Thor was notified and it is covered in warranty and needs to be repaired. 3 days on the road leaking again. I guess I will be repairing again in December in St Augustine

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 12:26 PM   #7

Model: Four Winds 26B
THOR #6414
Camping World has been great to us over the years. You love them till they treat you wrong and then you hate them. I used to love Thor but now I hate them. #ThorLacksIntegrity it's just a matter of how they have treated you and past performance with others does not guarantee good performance to you!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #8

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
I was disappointed the CEO of CW requested people who did not agree with his politics buy somewhere else. I have never bought an RV from them but do buy supplies with good results but since he doesn't want my business I will have to find another on line supplier.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #9

Model: Four Winds 22B
State: Florida
THOR #5326
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I was disappointed the CEO of CW requested people who did not agree with his politics buy somewhere else. I have never bought an RV from them but do buy supplies with good results but since he doesn't want my business I will have to find another on line supplier.

Four Winds 22B
Sunseeker 2800QSF GTS (Loss to hurricane Ian)
Windsport 27K
dcbenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 01:30 PM   #10

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Thumbs down

Ditto on not wanting my business. Bought rig from them year ago. Disappointed in their service and the ceo's comment just put the icing on the cake.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:28 PM   #11

State: Oregon
THOR #2271
One of the reasons I like this forum is because we don't discuss politics. Let's not start now!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:54 PM   #12

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
One of the reasons I like this forum is because we don't discuss politics. Let's not start now!
I agree I just answered the question about experience with Camping World and did not intend it to be a political debate.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #13

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
My experiences purchasing two motorhomes at two different CWs were both positive. Neither machine has had to go back for anything yet so I can't comment on service.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:11 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
For us: the jury is still out...
(Camping World in Kingston, NY)
We were supposed to pick up our new Outlaw 29H this past Saturday...
it was the wrong color scheme, and there was damage to the interior.
They have found us another rig... It's got the right colors and hopefully; will lack the damage!
Time will tell the tale...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 10:40 PM   #15

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
I've always had good, expedient warranty service from them, but I also mainly use the factory Service Center when possible... there are going to be times when they can accommodate quickly, and other times when they are backed up for months - but every other RV dealership or service center can experience the same issues.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #16
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
We done business with Camping World Kansas City since before it was Camping World. They have always taken good care of us.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 12:21 AM   #17

Model: Challenger 37LX
State: Arizona
THOR #7863
We bought our first MH, a 2017 Challenger 37LX, from CW of Avondale AZ in June. The invoice included a fee for their inspection. As newbies, we did a 3-hour PDI but didn't really know what to look for. We did ID a number of items thoughat went on the list.

Took it back couple weeks later, as they were to have Rhor approval and parts then. After 2 weeks at CW, they sad "still waiting on Thor." I called Thor the next day, was told the CW request came in "yesterday."

Don't want to write a novella, will just say it took two more visits to get the fixes done. We still did not get keys to the door deadbolt or the exterior TV cabinet. The work done AFTER it went to their Detail Shop was sloppy and they left a glob of goo on the new window frame.

First camping trip out, I took a shower and the water all leaked out the back. Turns out the drain was never connected. Granted, that's a Thor issue, but how did the inspection I paid for miss it?

Poor communication (won't return phone calls, will answer emails in a day or two) and long delays on top of misinformation and poor workmanship led us to find another service source, and it's worked out much better.
The only thing necessary for evil to prosper,
Is that good men do nothing.
Mike in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 04:31 AM   #18

State: California
THOR #8920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottACE View Post
There are plenty of negative reviews about CW on this site - but I wondered how many people had a GOOD to GREAT experience with them.
I am reading all the reviews of CW also, since they the only dealer near me that has the floor plan I want. Looks Like mixed reviews from what Im seeing. majority of the bad reviews are of their service dept.

Got me thinking about buying and find an independent Shop that's near me.
Old 08-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #19

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: California
THOR #3559
We had a great experience with Bakersfield Camping World. There was two minor warranty issues that were resolved very quickly - maybe because our salesman helped us. Everyone there has been very professional, efficient and helpful.

Camping World's CEO had better be careful what he wishes for! Amazon is putting a lot of brick and mortar stores out of business.
Old 08-30-2017, 04:56 PM   #20

Model: 22FE
State: Washington
THOR #8606
So far, mixed feeling with my dealership in Burlington WA. Sales and financing people have been great. Service, not so good. Took there to have some warranty work done one week ago, all minor stuff. Also called service sales for estimate for some air lift bags, quote 5 days ago and yesterday again. Was transferred to a mgr. in service, left message early a.m. yesterday to get someone to respond. Have NOT heard back from anyone yet. Guess their so busy they don't care about my money. Bought motor home from them and at the time, they said we take care of our customers that buy from us as a priority. Bunch of bull crap. Rig is there right now and e-mailed service writer yesterday on status. No response as of this morning. Their moto: We want all our customers to be satisfied and have a positive experience in dealing with us. Again, b.s. stroke job statement.