Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2018, 11:53 PM   #21
Ted

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #12799
Slide outs not sealed

We have the same issue with openings under the slides. The slides should be sealed and we should not have to stuff sponges or anything else in there to seal them as far as we are conserned. We stuffed towels in ours after we found them on our trip. This is a real health hazard when running generator as we have had exhaust come when air / wind does not carry the exhaust away from the unit. Also can allow bugs and rodents in if not sealed properly. Waiting to see what Thor's response is to this now. Anyone else complained to Thor about this?

Old 09-12-2018, 01:30 PM   #22

Model: Aria 3901
State: Texas
THOR #12159
Unhappy No seals on ARIA

We met up with friends in Durango who are in a 2018 ARIA. They showed us what the seals look like. They are black rubber, 2 and 1/2 inch strips that go under all of the slides on the interior. They block out all light and the view under the slides that we see. We are still using sponges to keep creatures out. A chipmunk in Deadwood kept trying to get in. Our dealer claims to be getting approval from Thor to address this, but after a month, they say they have not been given approval. This is really a problem and I cannot believe that Thor is not helping out.
Old 09-12-2018, 02:01 PM   #23

State: Idaho
THOR #9660
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrTerriEdwards View Post
We met up with friends in Durango who are in a 2018 ARIA. They showed us what the seals look like. They are black rubber, 2 and 1/2 inch strips that go under all of the slides on the interior. They block out all light and the view under the slides that we see. We are still using sponges to keep creatures out. A chipmunk in Deadwood kept trying to get in. Our dealer claims to be getting approval from Thor to address this, but after a month, they say they have not been given approval. This is really a problem and I cannot believe that Thor is not helping out.
Dr. Edwards,
Call Thor customer service directly and ask them what is going on. The first service adviser we dealt with at our dealer was not being honest about communications with Thor. Thor can tell you when a service request was received, and if and when it was approved. They might need better information about the missing seals than your dealer provided. The folks at Thor have been excellent to work with for me.
Mike
Old 09-13-2018, 11:59 PM   #24

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #12686
I agree with m1noel. My Vegas is at CW with a leaking windshield seal, warranty issue. CW service tech said I should call Thor to speed up the warranty approval process, otherwise it could be up to 6 weeks waiting for approval. I called Thor yesterday and there was a 20 minute waiting hold. I pressed option 1 for a call back. 20 minutes later I received a call from Thor warrant department. I explained the issue and that I need the coach fixed before my scheduled trip in a couple of weeks. He assured me that CW would receive the approval tomorrow. Sure enough, CW called me this morning and said they just received approval and the coach will be ready next week. I know, we all like to bash CW but I have to give them KUDOs for this advise. Also appreciate the Thor rep making this happen. We shouldn't have to go this route but it is reality in the RV world. Give them a call. I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Good luck.
pavemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:08 PM   #25
LDK

State: Colorado
THOR #13190
Hello all. Does anyone have updates on Thor fixing holes under the slides? I have a 2019 Aria 3901 and found the issues on each of the 3 slides in the bottom corners. Lots of light when I look at night. Pretty sizeable.

Here is a link to a video in my Dropbox. I have shared it with the dealer.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fjguhsp89l...94218.mp4?dl=0
Old 01-11-2019, 08:17 PM   #26

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
In that video, did you have the slide FULLY out and seated against the coach wall?

each slide should have slide seals on both the inside of the outside wall edges, and
the inside of the inside wall trim, top, bottom, end to end. Either way, fully closed or fully open, the full wall should be sealed from the outside temps and air infiltration.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 08:22 PM   #27
LDK

THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerFam View Post
In that video, did you have the slide FULLY out and seated against the coach wall?

each slide should have slide seals on both the inside of the outside wall edges, and
the inside of the inside wall trim, top, bottom, end to end. Either way, fully closed or fully open, the full wall should be sealed from the outside temps and air infiltration.
Good question! I took the video as it was being worked on at Camping World so am not sure. Will check.
Old 01-12-2019, 01:06 AM   #28

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
I called Firefly and got a price of over $600.00. Not sure smart connectivity is worth it, BT is great but $600.00 is a pretty good weekend in the coach!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:19 PM   #29
LDK

THOR #13190
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDK View Post
Good question! I took the video as it was being worked on at Camping World so am not sure. Will check.
Heard back from dealer and the slides were indeed fully extended. They contacted Thor and Thor response was this is how thr coach is designed.

Can anyone that has 2019 or 18 Aria please send pictures of inside and outside the slide corners to show the seals that should be present? I will share with dealer.

The good thing is Camping World agrees it is not right and is trying to find a solution.
Old 01-22-2019, 03:36 AM   #30
LDK

THOR #13190
No need to provide pictures. Dealer had another Aria in stock that clearly show seals exist, no holes under slides exist, thus confirmed my coach has issues. Essentially, appears that seals on my coach were cut short. Dealer is working on it. Ugh.

Tags
3401, aria 3901, firefly