Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2013, 10:24 PM   #1

Brand: Redwood
State: Colorado
THOR #550
Hello New Redwood Fifth Wheel Owner

We bought our 2013 Redwood fifth wheel in July from Camping World in Fountain Co. We have had a little trouble getting it titled. We have been to the DMV three times, they were clueless at Camping World and with the DMV sending the paper work back to them twice, we just received our notice that the title is now in. HORRAY! It's in storage until Spring Break so I guess it didn't matter other than the aggravation.

We traded in a 32 ft. Challenger fifth wheel so this one is a little bigger and heavier. Had to set the Dodge 3500 up with air bags but it pulls like a dream now. We ride ATV's and pull double with the Redwood. It's a long drink of water at 68ft. but within the state guidelines.

Anyway, it will be nice to get to know all of you. I'm sure you have lots of information that will be of value.

R.J.

Old 12-15-2013, 01:51 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Hi R.J.
Welcome aboard!!
Congrats on your new Redwood.
I'll bet that thing is a long drink of water at 68 ft. I'm surprised you aren't longer then that.
If I remember right, the legal length in WI. is 65ft. plus we have to purchase an extra license to double tow.
Old 12-15-2013, 02:22 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjberry View Post
We bought our 2013 Redwood fifth wheel in July from Camping World in Fountain Co. We have had a little trouble getting it titled. We have been to the DMV three times, they were clueless at Camping World and with the DMV sending the paper work back to them twice, we just received our notice that the title is now in. HORRAY! It's in storage until Spring Break so I guess it didn't matter other than the aggravation.

We traded in a 32 ft. Challenger fifth wheel so this one is a little bigger and heavier. Had to set the Dodge 3500 up with air bags but it pulls like a dream now. We ride ATV's and pull double with the Redwood. It's a long drink of water at 68ft. but within the state guidelines.

Anyway, it will be nice to get to know all of you. I'm sure you have lots of information that will be of value.

R.J.
Congratulations!

What model did you get? Is it painted? If so, what color?

Not that I want to detract you from this forum, which is a very good forum. You may want to check out the other two Redwood forums, also.

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 02:41 PM   #4

Brand: Redwood
State: Colorado
THOR #550
Thanks for the warm welcome. I think I found one other forum. Which one do you like the best? It seems they are not very active?

We bought it used, is a 36RL full paint, black and burgundy. Our only problems so far is the pantry door wants to open while traveling. We now just work a pillow between the island and the door to keep it secure. We also added some slide latches to the drawers on the pantry but the door still seemed to want to open. We also found the plastic latches problematic and have had to replace a couple throughout the kitchen.

The closet doors want to come out of track while traveling so I fashioned a bumper system inside the door on each side to keep them from moving to far.

We really love the new fifth wheel and have met another couple that camp in the same campground in Grand Lake. Its funny, we saw their trailer there first, really liked the look since we had never seen one before, then the article in Trailer Life came out the next month, then the sink faucet broke on our other fifth wheel and we went to Camping World to buy a new faucet. This one was on the showroom floor as a consignment and we bought it that day. lol It was the most expensive faucet I have ever bought. lol
Old 12-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
hello, welcome and congrats on the redwood 5er. If the dealership was that clueless on the paperwork, I would worry about how is their service department? Also, make sure you pay attention to other state length requirements when double towing as I believe many have 65' as max length and, not that you are going there anytime soon, but double towing is illegal in FL. Enjoy your new 5er, may it bring you many happy trips.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote