Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2015, 01:36 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #2064
Hello from new Axis 24.1 owner

The Thor forums were really helpful when we were doing our research. Thanks to everyone who posts here, the good and the bad. We have rented a few times and decided to take the plunge as owners. Expect a few issues as we head out on our shakedown cruise for a week on the NC Outer Banks. Still work full time so decided easier to be an owner when we can load up some food and clean clothes and are ready to go making shorter trips practical. Just us and the two dogs most of the time. Bob

Old 05-24-2015, 01:57 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations.

Love the Outer Banks; enjoy.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #3

Model: Majestic 23A
State: Virginia
THOR #950
Congrats! I like the look of the Axis 24.1.
Old 05-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #1547
Congrats! Hope you enjoy your Axis as much as we do ours!!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:16 PM   #5

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Our 24.1 was a good purchase. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:55 PM   #6

THOR #2064
We just got back from a week at Camp Hatteras in our Axis 24.1.Very good experience with only a few minor issues.
  • As we started the trip the bathroom door swung out and came off the track. Jammed dog beds against it while finishing trip. Called Thor and they explained how to get it back in the track. Real problem was pin did not go far enough up into stop on ceiling and they suggested adding plastic shim. Used heavy cardboard which I had and it held fine on the way home. Very good phone support.
  • Also asked Thor support about an A/C condensate drain and there isn’t one so it runs off the roof in different places. Got a big dump from the awning one time.
  • Will have weight and alignment checked, particularly caster. Drove better than Class C Sunseeker we have rented, but maybe alignment will help even more.

Overall a great trip and a nice campground. Our only other vehicle was a bicycle and it was a short ride to a Dollar General down the street for a few things we needed that were not at the camp store. We were parked next to an Essex 45’ and my wife said it looked like it had baby (our Axis). Wouldn’t want to drive that thing.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:13 PM   #7

State: Georgia
THOR #1547
Spider64,

Glad your first trip was a good experience!!

We had a similar bathroom door problem, though it never came off the track. Our pin did not connect with the ceiling stop and the door was constantly swinging open as we traveled. We tried blocking it with a rolled up rug, until I forgot the rug was there and took a flying fall!!

Do you realize the spring pin is adjustable? After adjusting the pin, ours still wouldn't secure the door. After pursuing the issue further with Thor, they made us 2 spacers that matched the original stop. We drilled holes through them, and once installed the problem was fixed!!!!
Old 05-31-2015, 09:52 PM   #8

THOR #2064
There were two spacers under the stop, just not quite thick enough. Guess they learned a little. The Thor guy said the pin was not adjustable and to add more shims so cardboard served the purpose for now. We have a 2015.
Old 05-31-2015, 11:36 PM   #9

Model: Vegas
State: Oregon
THOR #1838
spider64-

I've had the same shower from the A/C condensate-awning surprise. I'm curious what Thor said. Also we just added a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer that made a big difference in the handling or our 2015 24.1 Vegas.
Old 06-01-2015, 12:55 AM   #10

THOR #2064
I had CW include the Safe-T-Plus stabilizer as part of the price, but there was already a stabilizer on there so I opted out and got the price down a little. Wonder if the STP stabilizer is better than stock.

On the water runoff the Thor person said it runs to the lowest point on the roof and then runs off.