Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2020, 06:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Magnitude SV34
State: Oregon
THOR #17862
Buying Magnitude/Omni SV34 - fake websites?

Hello Everyone!!!

The husband and I are looking to buy the Magnitude/Omni SV34, we're in Oregon. Strangely, almost all the websites I can see that have the unit we are looking at go to something called Mobile Home Search RV (use a few other names too), and lead to a phone number of: 800-335-6054. I've called it multiple times and it's just a dead number it appears and it seems to NOT have any real listings on the model I'm looking for.

Does anyone have any tried/trued places to look for the Thor Magnitude/Omni SV 34 unit? New or Used...

Going to try the dealers listed on the Thor Website; but I'm just surprised i can't seem to find used ones, or 2019's anywhere. Why would that be - any guesses?

Old 01-19-2020, 08:11 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Texas
THOR #16693
Very likely that there aren't any used ones out there just yet, as they're pretty new into the market. If you'd consider moving up another foot, I'd make you a great deal on our 2020 BH35
cbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
You could try taking a look in RVTrader...
Welcome to the forum, and happy hunting!
Old 01-19-2020, 09:20 PM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
We purchased a 2020 Magnitude SV34 back in October.

I Googled and found them all over the country back in September.

Here is one link to check....

https://www.rvtrader.com/Thor-Magnit...gnitude%20SV34
Old 01-19-2020, 09:52 PM   #5

THOR #17862
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbach View Post
Very likely that there aren't any used ones out there just yet, as they're pretty new into the market. If you'd consider moving up another foot, I'd make you a great deal on our 2020 BH35
Thanks for mentioning!

We thought about that model but Sean is wanting:
1. The outdoor kitchen
2. Theatre seats
3. 1 bathroom only; not 1.5
4. He likes the positioning of the sofa/dinette in the SV34
5. Likes the 4 x 4
Old 01-19-2020, 09:55 PM   #6

THOR #17862
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
We purchased a 2020 Magnitude SV34 back in October.

I Googled and found them all over the country back in September.

Here is one link to check....

https://www.rvtrader.com/Thor-Magnit...gnitude%20SV34
Thank You!
I checked there and only see 1 across country. Looks like there is only a $2k - $3k difference in most that I am finding. What's odd though is that 4 x 4 is an option but many don't make any mention, some do but in various places so I still have to figure out what the correct pricing is, and we want the 4 x 4 option I think.

Would you mind sharing -- did you get the 4 x 4 option? Regarding the whole unit -- Is there anything you are surprised by so far - either loved or not so much?

Oh also - am I understanding correctly the only difference in the 2 units are just the color of the exterior and some interior fabrics? Its strange that I find myself googling both to ensure I don't miss out, but they appear identical from what I see (minus the esthetics). Let me know if you found out anything else about that!
Old 01-19-2020, 10:23 PM   #7

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina McM View Post
Thank You!
I checked there and only see 1 across country. Looks like there is only a $2k - $3k difference in most that I am finding. What's odd though is that 4 x 4 is an option but many don't make any mention, some do but in various places so I still have to figure out what the correct pricing is, and we want the 4 x 4 option I think.

Would you mind sharing -- did you get the 4 x 4 option? Regarding the whole unit -- Is there anything you are surprised by so far - either loved or not so much?

Oh also - am I understanding correctly the only difference in the 2 units are just the color of the exterior and some interior fabrics? Its strange that I find myself googling both to ensure I don't miss out, but they appear identical from what I see (minus the esthetics). Let me know if you found out anything else about that!

When I do the search I see about 25 Magnitudes in general scattered about the country. I see them listed in AL, FL, TN, MO, TX. I didn’t try to search just for the 4x4 option though.

The Omni and Magnitude are identical except for exterior and interior color schemes so you can search for both.

We did get the 4x4 option. It is about a $5K option so you will see less of them out there I suspect. We have not used it yet but wanted it as a safety blanket for some of our future trips.

We have been out on 3 trips so far and we love it. We had a 2018 Outlaw 29H and it is a major step up all the way around.

We had the sofa sleeper repacked with the Theater Seating as part of the deal we worked.

The only negative is the slide has to be out to use the bed but it is by far a show stopper.
Old 01-19-2020, 10:57 PM   #8

THOR #17862
Winter Driving Laws . . .

I've been looking at Winter Driving laws and there have been a few times the past week where chains have been REQUIRED over 10,000 GVWR.

https://www.tirechainsonline.com/225...ins-s/1022.htm

I was just looking at this site to get a sense of the styles. I hear link worksbetter, but that cable makes for less damage.

The tire sizes are: 225/70r19.5 for the SV34.

Any thoughts?
Old 01-19-2020, 11:39 PM   #9

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Thor custome service can send you a list of all the new ones they know out there that haven't had warranties registered yet. Used ones are most likely on RVTrader.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:43 AM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
As far as 2019 units go, dealers don't order stock like auto dealers. Since the 2020 has been out for a number of months the dealers have probably discounted and sold all the 2019s they had. As far as used goes I doubt you will find a used 4x4 unit. The 4x4 option is too new and used 4x4 units may not hit the market for another 6 months to a year.

Happy hunting.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #11

THOR #17862
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Thor custome service can send you a list of all the new ones they know out there that haven't had warranties registered yet. Used ones are most likely on RVTrader.
Was great advice!
I got all of them in this half of the country directly from Thor and have them all being priced out now at each dealership so we can narrow it down.

Gina
Old 01-20-2020, 07:18 PM   #12

THOR #17862
Quote:
Was great advice!
I got all of them in this half of the country directly from Thor and have them all being priced out now at each dealership so we can narrow it down.

Gina
I found 1 2019 & working on it now with them!
Gina
Old 01-20-2020, 08:21 PM   #13

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
. Used ones are most likely on RVTrader.

Not entirely true..... RV Trader also lists new coaches as well. Many dealers post there to lure those looking at used coaches. That is where I found the ad for my brand new 2020 and there are several new Magnitudes listed on there now.

If the pictures are accurate, this is a 4x4 model as it looks like the front wheels have the lock-in hubs from the pictures.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...V34-5009355930
Old 01-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #14

THOR #12751
Quote:
I've been looking at Winter Driving laws and there have been a few times the past week where chains have been REQUIRED over 10,000 GVWR.

https://www.tirechainsonline.com/225...ins-s/1022.htm

I was just looking at this site to get a sense of the styles. I hear link worksbetter, but that cable makes for less damage.

The tire sizes are: 225/70r19.5 for the SV34.

Any thoughts?
That is correct..... we do a lot of snowmobiling and I purchased these for my truck a few years ago in case we were in a place and situation where chains were required.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That being said... even though we purchased the 4x4 SV34, we have no intentions of driving it through winter conditions (although stuff happens). We wanted the 4x4 option in case of an unexpected storm but more for roads or camp sites that could be challenging for a heavy 2-wheel drive rig.

I've done a lot of trailering of our snowmobiles in poor winter conditions, I can say that I have no desire to be driving a 8 Ton rig in snow and ice.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:31 PM   #15

THOR #12751
Quote:
I found 1 2019 & working on it now with them!
Gina
Just for accuracy sake..... the Omni and Magnitude where released this time last year but as 2020 models.

My Magnitude was manufactured in April 2019 but it is a 2020 Thor model on a 2019 F-550 chassis.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:22 AM   #16

THOR #17862
So we bought it. Picking her up from Idaho on Valentines Day. Sooooo gorgeous!! Thank you all for your help!!!

Cheers!
Looking forward to talking RVing with ya’ll...
Old 01-25-2020, 11:19 AM   #17

THOR #12751
Quote:
So we bought it. Picking her up from Idaho on Valentines Day. Sooooo gorgeous!! Thank you all for your help!!!

Cheers!
Looking forward to talking RVing with ya’ll...

Since you said Idaho, I'm assuming this is the one.... although it might not be if you got the 4x4 option. This one is 2x4.....

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...V34-5009815353

Good luck! Post some pictures when you get it home.
Old 01-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #18

THOR #17862
Hi ya. We opted out of the 4x4, and I went for lowest price I could get on a new unit. I called Thor and got the full listings of what was out there, then made a massive amount of calls. I had my price I was willing to pay and even lowered further for the 2019, and got one dealer to bite. Btw - they’re SO easy to work with. Camping World Idaho Falls. Happy with the ending price we got to, the down, the payment terms, etc.

Also for point of clarification, Thor says all those sites I saw And that phone number I said was “fake” goes to their largest dealer in Texas. Whoops... I still stand by it appearing to be fake inventory when linking through and their posted number was not working for a couple days at least which started me on this thread. :-)
Old 01-25-2020, 03:26 PM   #19

THOR #16693
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Since you said Idaho, I'm assuming this is the one.... although it might not be if you got the 4x4 option. This one is 2x4.....

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...V34-5009815353

Good luck! Post some pictures when you get it home.

The one in that link shows it being 4x4?
Old 01-25-2020, 04:22 PM   #20

THOR #16693
Quote:
Hi ya. We opted out of the 4x4, and I went for lowest price I could get on a new unit. I called Thor and got the full listings of what was out there, then made a massive amount of calls. I had my price I was willing to pay and even lowered further for the 2019, and got one dealer to bite. Btw - they’re SO easy to work with. Camping World Idaho Falls. Happy with the ending price we got to, the down, the payment terms, etc.

Also for point of clarification, Thor says all those sites I saw And that phone number I said was “fake” goes to their largest dealer in Texas. Whoops... I still stand by it appearing to be fake inventory when linking through and their posted number was not working for a couple days at least which started me on this thread. :-)

Congratulations Make sure you have an entire day/night to PDI it, and don't let them rush you. Use and excercise absolutely everything 10 times, use all things under every available scenario (power/water), bring a powerful flashlight, and drive the tar out of it before signing on the dotted line.