Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2017, 05:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #6785
A/C for my four winds majectic

last summer I had a trip and the A/C unit did not cool off back bedroom. two questions. is the A/C adequate? what is my cheapest option for my trip this year

Old 03-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
You should include which floorplan you have, as well as your present A/C unit's model and size, in order to get better information to your question.

My experience with Majestic line has been limited to Cruise America rentals, and on larger 28A model (about 30-ft long) the A/C was marginal at best when parked in sun during day, and that's mostly in May. I can only imagine that in July or August it could get a little warm in the south.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:02 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #6785
AC unit

YES 28A , FROM CRUISE AMERICA , I BOUGHT IT USED, AND having a great experience with it. just the ac didn't cool off back bedroom
Old 03-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
The 28A is a very nice design -- I like it a lot -- and was glad to learn Thor is still making it even though it's not listed as a floorplan. It's a little too large for just the two of us, but if I planned to travel with others on a regular basis, it would be near the top of the list.

I'm sure you've already checked the obvious like vents being open, etc. so there is little I can add. My only suggestion is that A/C capacity in an RV is ultimately shared throughout the unit, so if there is anything you can do to reduce cooling load somewhere else, it will benefit the bedroom also. One of the highest contributors is solar coming through windows and windshield, so parking in shade or with most windows out of direct sunshine is helpful. On our rentals I covered the windshield to reduce cooling and heating loads; plus for privacy.

Another suggestion is to do a quick A/C cooling test to confirm your A/C is operating properly. Temperature readings in and out of unit can show whether it's operating as designed, or whether it needs freon or something else.