Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2022, 06:13 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alaska
THOR #26725
Clearance Light issue

Hey people, have a bit of an issue with some clearance lights. I was changing out all my clearance lights due to their age and condition (2007 Four Winds/Thor Chateau). I was upgrading them from incandescent to LED. I started the installation on the front clearance lights and check each one after to ensure they functioned. Well, i left the battery connected when installing the third light, and I ended up crossing the wires. Now none of the clearance or marker lights come on. The headlights still function, so I used that rulebook the switch. I checked every fuse in the engine electrical control panel as well as in the cabin, and there are no blown fuses. I have been searching for an in-line fuse, but I haven't come across one. My presumption is the the light switch isn't the issue as the headlights function normally. I contacted Thor for a wiring diagram, but they could not provide one. I asked a few RV places in town, but they won't provide the diagrams because they would rather charge me $130 an hour to slowly do a wire trace. does anyone have an idea where to look, or if this particular model has some type of fuse in the wire line? Could it potentially be run through a relay, and if so, is there a way to check it (I only the swap method)? Any help or insight as to where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 05-13-2022, 06:21 PM   #2

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
Check at the light switch and see if you have 12v from the parking light position

Head lights go through circuit breakers and markers are fused, probably a mini or a cube style in the box on the driver's side under the hood
Old 05-13-2022, 06:33 PM   #3
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by p3black View Post
Hey people, have a bit of an issue with some clearance lights. I was changing out all my clearance lights due to their age and condition (2007 Four Winds/Thor Chateau). I was upgrading them from incandescent to LED. I started the installation on the front clearance lights and check each one after to ensure they functioned. Well, i left the battery connected when installing the third light, and I ended up crossing the wires. Now none of the clearance or marker lights come on. The headlights still function, so I used that rulebook the switch. I checked every fuse in the engine electrical control panel as well as in the cabin, and there are no blown fuses. I have been searching for an in-line fuse, but I haven't come across one. My presumption is the the light switch isn't the issue as the headlights function normally. I contacted Thor for a wiring diagram, but they could not provide one. I asked a few RV places in town, but they won't provide the diagrams because they would rather charge me $130 an hour to slowly do a wire trace. does anyone have an idea where to look, or if this particular model has some type of fuse in the wire line? Could it potentially be run through a relay, and if so, is there a way to check it (I only the swap method)? Any help or insight as to where to look would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
But do the parking lights come on, like in the tail lights? If so, that would most likely eliminate the switch and parking lights supply fuse. Now the clearance lights may be relay operated from the parking lights control and have their own fuse which narrows the search to a Thor installed fuse box vs a Ford installed fuse box.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 10:16 PM   #4

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Here are a couple of things to try.

REMOVE all the bulbs you've installed.
Reinstall 1 incondecesent bulb.
Let us know what happens