Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2016, 03:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Axis
State: New Mexico
THOR #4918
Consider THOR 25.2

My wife and I are considering buying a 2016 Thor Axis 25.2. Does anyone out there have the 2016 model and can you tell us if you've had any major issues with it.

Old 07-25-2016, 04:24 AM   #2
Kev

Model: Windsport
State: Florida
THOR #3918

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickF View Post
My wife and I are considering buying a 2016 Thor Axis 25.2. Does anyone out there have the 2016 model and can you tell us if you've had any major issues with it.
We have a 2016 Vegas 25.2. Only issues on PDI were drivers side plastic pillar between side window was cut too short, drawer under bed didn't stay shut, fold down countertop next to stairs rattled. All issues were fixed to our satisfaction. We love it so far.

Kev
Old 07-25-2016, 02:22 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Florida
THOR #4443
I too have a 2016 Axis 25.2, have only had it for 1 month and a couple of 2 day trips. Knock on wood have had no real issues. This coach in my opinion checks off all the boxes for a very functional RV. Its the perfect size and has all the right amenities for a versatile platform. My only advice would be READ,RESEARCH,READ RESEARCH. The folks on this forum have a wealth of knowledge on what to look for to make your buying experience a more pleasurable one. BEWARE of the dealerships. You really need to be on top of your game when dealing with them. Just be the best educated consumer you can be. Good luck.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:02 AM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
2016 25.2 for about a month

So far we love it. Have had a few issues. Today we lost all 110 v power in the coach. A quick call to THOR tech support led us to the transfer switch. Even though it wasn't where the diagrams said it was, the tech stayed on the phone. We finally found it under the stove (was supposed to be under the refrigerator) The hot lead was not secured in the switch, so arced and melted the wingnut. However, was a quick fix and now back to 100 percent power.

I was amazed at the promptness and helpfulness of the THOR tech. And looking for the transfer switch took us behind, under, and into most nooks and crannies of the coach. Except for needing to use some additional spray foam insulation to plug some holes, I did not see a lot of issues that needed to be addressed.

We liked the 25.2 because of the couch (instead of the dinette) and the fact that there wasn't a slide behind the drivers seat. Which, being over 6'2", gives a lot more flexibility with no wall behind.

We haven't been on the road much (yet) but are looking forward to many trips