Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-08-2017, 10:08 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
New ,ACE 30.3 owners

Hello everyone. My name is Wayne Roe and my wife, Jo, and I are new 2017 ACE 30.3 owners and also new RVers. I am a two-time retiree. I retired from the Air Force in '96 and then worked 20 years for a government contractor and retired from that in '16. Jo is a retired counselor (individual, family, marital); however she stills counsels me several times per day . We have made one short 2.5 day functional check flight trip to a campground 40 miles from home and now planning a longer trip in late August or early September. We will be towing our 2016 Kia Sorento on a Master Tow 80THD dolly. Maybe we will see some of you out on the road and in the campgrounds.

Old 08-08-2017, 11:24 PM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations and welcome to the forum!!!
Old 08-10-2017, 05:01 PM   #3

State: Tennessee
THOR #8616
We to are new owners. Congratulations and Thank You for your service to this country!! God bless and safe travels
Old 08-10-2017, 05:16 PM   #4

THOR #8503
And to you, too, Kev&Peg.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 03:28 AM   #5

Model: ACE 30.4
State: West Virginia
THOR #8716
Greetings, we're Bob and Linda from West Virginia. Just purchased our first MH, a 30.4 ACE. We're looking forward to traveling as much as possible during our sunset years. Some aspects of owning a MH are overwhelming especially getting familiar with all of the various systems. Would appreciate getting some of your favorite websites that list campgrounds locations so we're can start planning adventures. We're excited to get on the road and Blessed to part of this special group.
Old 08-12-2017, 04:01 AM   #6

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamboat View Post
Greetings, we're Bob and Linda from West Virginia. Just purchased our first MH, a 30.4 ACE. We're looking forward to traveling as much as possible during our sunset years. Some aspects of owning a MH are overwhelming especially getting familiar with all of the various systems. Would appreciate getting some of your favorite websites that list campgrounds locations so we're can start planning adventures. We're excited to get on the road and Blessed to part of this special group.

I joined Good Sam. They have a real good online trip planner and you can find campgrounds all over. Good Sam, Public or Private. Highly recommend it. Best part is it's really cheap like $27.00 a year or less.

Congrats on your new purchase, hope all works well.
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:33 AM   #7

THOR #8503
Quote:
Welcome Steamboat. Glad to have you on board. The wife and I are also looking to get the traveling done in our golden years that we've missed before. During my military career, we drove past all the exit signs for really neat sounding places rushing from one assignment to the next. Want to take those exits now and visit as many of those places as possible.

I grew up 60 miles from where West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky come together.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #8

THOR #8716
Thanks Wayne. Traveled through your home area bringing the ACE back from London, Kentucky. Thanks for your service, Vietnam era vet myself. Hope our paths meet someday.
Old 08-12-2017, 06:12 PM   #9

THOR #8503
Quote:
Thanks Wayne. Traveled through your home area bringing the ACE back from London, Kentucky. Thanks for your service, Vietnam era vet myself. Hope our paths meet someday.
My brother and sister-in-law did some shopping at an RV dealer in London, ended up buying in Ashland, KY.

Since you are a Vietnam era vet we must have started about the same time. I originally enlisted in March 1966, had an almost four year break in service, went back to college, then came back in through OTS in late '73.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-12-2017, 06:17 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Congrats and Welcome. Also, thank you for your service.
Old 08-15-2017, 10:32 AM   #11

THOR #8716
Joined the AF in 62 and left about the same time you were going in. Was attached to ADC the entire time. Was a flight line jet mach.
Old 08-15-2017, 12:39 PM   #12

THOR #8503
Steamboat, I'm glad to see there are still some people around who went in the Air Force before me.😊 My first four years were spent on the flight line as an avionics tech, worked on the F-4 weapons control systems. When I returned after college, I was a B-52 navigator, then held a few staff positions until I retired.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
Old 08-15-2017, 02:21 PM   #13

State: Tennessee
THOR #8616
Steamboat
We were originally from West Virginia. Born and raised about 20 miles south of Huntington. We moved to Nashville about 7 yrs ago. Small world lol!
Old 08-15-2017, 02:49 PM   #14

Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
THOR #6280
Go army!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LAND_M1s_3-ID_Iraq_Tal_Afar_lg[1].jpg
Views:	140
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	6357  
Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:17 PM   #15

Model: daybreak 30fs
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #8793
new member/pictures needed

Good afternoon everyone! i am a new owner of a 2012 thor daybreak 30fs. i was wondering if anyone could send me a picture of the interior, specifically the wall were the monitor board is next to the bathroom door. I bought my rig as a salvage, that wall caught fire and i am trying to figure out all the switchs. I have a new monitor panel coming from thor but i need a good pic of the approx location. Also need to know what switchs are there and were they go. I know theres a slide switch and a light switch, something else is there as well. thanks!!
Old 08-16-2017, 09:08 PM   #16

State: Alabama
THOR #8719
Happy
I did F-4 flt.line Usmc, Danang 1965
Old 08-16-2017, 09:11 PM   #17

State: Alabama
THOR #8719
Quote:
Originally Posted by medgilmore View Post
Happy
I did F-4 flt.line Usmc, Danang 1965