Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-12-2021, 11:04 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I bought the right model and knew about the fuel fill issue before I bought the rig. It was and IMHO still is marketing hype that is over valued by some.
I don’t have that short hose issue. I generally fill up with diesel at a truck stop and they always have ample hoses because lots of trucks have dual tanks on either side. Even when I ran a Large class C I learned real quick what a pain in the butt regular filling stations were.

Traveling with Shih Tzu's Baily, Bella and Maltese Buster. Towing, Golf Cart, Harley or Polaris RZR. 3 of our darling Shih Tzu's passed away recently and I just can't take them off of here. RIP Baxter, Baili & sweet sweet Bella. Buster is our little rock.
DogLovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2021, 11:35 PM   #42
MLP

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17478
Thor 2013 Palazzo with the fuel fill behind the front tires on both sides. Not a problem form ether side. Love the truck stops when we travel. It fills fast. Not so much at Safeway near us. Had the close Costco selling Diesel, but they took the diesel pumps out. They said that they did not sell enough diesel, but semi's were filling up there and blocking cars for a long time. I think it was the semi's that caused the problem that ended diesel sales at Costco. It was ten cents lower than Safeway and Safeway is six to eight cents lower than all other stations. Could not get a semi in Safeway lanes, but the RV's do fit so long as you pay attention and angle the turns carefully.
Old 09-12-2021, 11:42 PM   #43
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogLovers View Post
I don’t have that short hose issue. I generally fill up with diesel at a truck stop and they always have ample hoses because lots of trucks have dual tanks on either side. Even when I ran a Large class C I learned real quick what a pain in the butt regular filling stations were.
I do the same since we dumped the Challenger and bought the Accolade. One difference is I fill from one side only right behind the driver’s side rear wheels. One tank mounted between the frame rails.

Tags
36fa, challenger, thor