Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Allegro Open Road
State: Florida
THOR #8069
Congratulations on the new 29M we have the exact same one and love it. Found a few things but was able to repair them myself. We added a few things like a new shower head and the steering stabilizer. We traded in our 2016 Coachmen Freelander class C. The thing that I like the best is the outside kitchen.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:35 PM   #22

Model: Windsport 29
State: Indiana
THOR #9245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron1Z View Post
Congratulations on the new 29M we have the exact same one and love it. Found a few things but was able to repair them myself. We added a few things like a new shower head and the steering stabilizer. We traded in our 2016 Coachmen Freelander class C. The thing that I like the best is the outside kitchen.
Yeah, the shower head is pretty weak. I would like to hear about the steering stabilizer. It does wander in the lane, but I kind of expected that. Did it help? Love the outside kitchen and TV myself! We bypassed the class C and went right to the A. Thor made that happen by being about the same price as the same size C.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:55 PM   #23

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeryboats View Post
Yeah, the shower head is pretty weak. I would like to hear about the steering stabilizer. It does wander in the lane, but I kind of expected that. Did it help? Love the outside kitchen and TV myself! We bypassed the class C and went right to the A. Thor made that happen by being about the same price as the same size C.
If you have a few free hours read this

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4609

It will make you spend lots of money and keep you busy for hours an hours

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 12:21 AM   #24

Model: Challenger 37TB
State: Kentucky
THOR #1020
beeryboats - before you buy anything do three things. Check the air pressure in your tires and make sure it is set originally to chart in your coach, have your front end aligned (generally alignment is not correct coming out of Thor factory and Thor warranty will reimburse you if it is approved prior to spending the $s) and apply Cheap Handling Fix (CHF). Then start applying other fixes as needed.
Old 10-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #25

THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben View Post
beeryboats - before you buy anything do three things. Check the air pressure in your tires and make sure it is set originally to chart in your coach, have your front end aligned (generally alignment is not correct coming out of Thor factory and Thor warranty will reimburse you if it is approved prior to spending the $s) and apply Cheap Handling Fix (CHF). Then start applying other fixes as needed.
Bigben is correct. Do these three things first.

I tried to get Thor or Ford to approve a front end allignment. Both said no way. So I paid for it and was happy i did.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 10-13-2017, 01:59 AM   #26

THOR #9245
Thanks for the input on the steering. The steering wheel is not straight when going the the road, so I was thinking the alignment may not be right. But it does drive pretty nice with no wind or semi's going by. The wheel is offset to the right, and so is the drivers seat! I can look down at the seat and the faux tile linoleum and see the seat sets about 10% to the right! Too funny. So far I'm living with it, but still debating whether to bring it up as a warranty issue this fall.

Can anyone tell me how far I can go before I void the warranty on certain items?
Old 10-13-2017, 02:56 AM   #27

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
I know what you mean about the drivers seat leaning to the right as does mine. I'm sure it happened when some tard at the dealer put the slide in with the drivers seat pushed all the way back but it's not enough to cause me any sweat.
Old 10-13-2017, 03:03 AM   #28

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvonnemarc View Post
I know what you mean about the drivers seat leaning to the right as does mine. I'm sure it happened when some tard at the dealer put the slide in with the drivers seat pushed all the way back but it's not enough to cause me any sweat.
On mine, the "tard" was me. I extended the slide with the seat back. Didn't hurt the seat itself, but put a nice scuff on the upholstery.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #29
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneroe View Post
On mine, the "tard" was me. I extended the slide with the seat back. Didn't hurt the seat itself, but put a nice scuff on the upholstery.
We have dodged the bullet twice...in retracting the slide with the drivers seat NOT placed forward...have caught it in time, .. no damage to seat or slide sync.
Whew !! Ron sez it is KC's (cat) fault...he must have the bunk dropped so he has his play/sleeping area. The things we do for our babies !! .. like buy a motorhome !!

Many years ago, we left a CG in Florida with our antenna up (antenna vs tree)...ya learn quickly to tag that thing when it costs $120 to replace it !!
THANKS TO THE KING JACK antenna we don't have to worry about that anymore when no cable available.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:07 PM   #30

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Illinois
THOR #8503
I have thought about getting a big sheet of chart paper (like we used to use for presentations before Power Point) and a marker pen, design a big "Campground Departure" checklist, and stand it up on the dashboard between the steering wheel and windshield.
FMCA #F479085
Good Sam #848205704
wayneroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #31

Model: 29M
State: South Carolina
THOR #8318
Quote:
Thanks for the input on the steering. The steering wheel is not straight when going the the road, so I was thinking the alignment may not be right. But it does drive pretty nice with no wind or semi's going by. The wheel is offset to the right, and so is the drivers seat! I can look down at the seat and the faux tile linoleum and see the seat sets about 10% to the right! Too funny. So far I'm living with it, but still debating whether to bring it up as a warranty issue this fall.

Can anyone tell me how far I can go before I void the warranty on certain items?
I had the same issues: steering wheel was at 11 o'clock and 5 o'clock when going down the road straight. I took the coach back to the dealer, (Sonny's Camp n Travel) in Duncan SC last weekend for basic warranty issues. I showed them the steering wheel, and they acted like no problem, warranty would cover having it straightened. Also asked for a front end alignment, and so far so good. They acted like warranty would cover it, and I haven't heard any different. Will keep you guys posted. Also getting a Tru Center installed.
Old 10-14-2017, 01:42 AM   #32

THOR #9245
Well, my seat doesn't lean, it's bolted to the floor facing the passenger! I figure the guy building that day had his right leg shorter than his left. The steering wheel is to the right and the seat is twisted to the right. It is enough to be noticeable so I need to get that fixed.

We had a nice night to ourselves and I was able to show my wife what I had done to quiet the water pump. Then we just hung out reading the manuals and playing with the radio. I am still GA GA over this RV. It's really going to suck putting her away for the winter. At least I have our last outing for Halloween to look forward to.

I guess I could leave her plugged in all winter in the barn and watch TV in my parka.
Old 10-14-2017, 02:56 AM   #33

THOR #8416
Positive thread

We are bouncing between the Windsport and then Citation Sprinter. Glad to FINALLY find a positive thread to read. Thank you.
Old 10-14-2017, 06:00 AM   #34

THOR #3156
There are lots of positive threads and posts.

Jerry
FMCA # F464385
Old 10-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #35

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfprice View Post
There are lots of positive threads and posts.

Jerry
I totally agree with Jerry, there are lots of positive posts from happy owners who are enjoying their coaches and having FUN!!!
Old 10-14-2017, 11:02 AM   #36

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #4466
Quote:

I guess I could leave her plugged in all winter in the barn and watch TV in my parka.
Plug her in, get your bad self a little ceramic heater or two or extend-a-stay propane connection and let the good times roll! If you can't be down here in the warm country you can always pretend.
Disc Furnace - World Marketing BDISC6 - Furnaces - Camping World

Gotta have-----> https://www.amazon.com/Bright-Pink-F...stic+flamingos
2019 Honda Ridgeline AWD
Wonderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 04:47 PM   #37
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
[QUOTE=Wonderdog;93000]Plug her in, get your bad self a little ceramic heater or two or extend-a-stay propane connection and let the good times roll! If you can't be down here in the warm country you can always pretend.

AGREE ! We are storing KC's Big Box for the winter this week, unless we find time to go south for a few weeks...we can always get it out !!

During the 'good' months when the Axis is in our driveway,...we have gone out and kicked back ... enjoyed the breeze coming through in the shade of our giant oak tree ! LOVE IT !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:26 AM   #38

THOR #9245
I've been working on a noisy water pump. I got her screwed down to a chunk of carpet with bigger screws and it made a world of difference. But I had already decided to put in an accumulator on the pressure side of the pump. So my wife was actually watching baseball while I was putting the accumulator in. If I ever buy another RV, that is the first thing I'm going to do. What a difference! This thing is getting better all the time!
Old 10-15-2017, 12:45 AM   #39

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
THOR #5196
Amazing what a little tank and a scrap of carpet will do!
Old 10-15-2017, 01:45 AM   #40

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #8180
Laminate the checklist and get a grease pencil. Stick it to the drivers window with a suction cup clip.