Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-08-2017, 01:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 45AT
State: Georgia
THOR #6391
New Tuscany owner in Georgia

Just took delivery of a new 2016 Tuscany 45AT. Have owned a Fleetwood Discovery 39S the past 14 years. Wife plans to retire in a year or so and I plan to take my job on the road so that we can be away a few months at a time. Lots of downsizing to do to get ready for that.

Big issue with the new Rig on delivery. The jacks don't seem to be cooperating. Was stranded at the dealership the night of delivery because the jacks wouldn't come up. Spent the night there and the crew came back for several hours on Sunday to try to work it out but couldn't get it right. They did get them up so we could move on, but now seeking warranty service.

Old 02-08-2017, 02:24 PM   #2

Model: 37GT
State: Florida
THOR #5246
Welcome to the forum. Not a good way to take delivery of a new unit.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #3

THOR #6391
Thanks Joe. It was a bad start. But I think we can only go up from there. We were certainly second guessing ourselves that night. Happy to have the support of this group to help me though
Old 02-08-2017, 04:21 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Kentucky
THOR #6005
Congratulations on the new coach and welcome to the Forum. Look at your experience as just getting the problem out of the way early. at least you were at the dealer and not 1000 miles from home. Good luck and happy trails.
Old 03-12-2017, 01:31 PM   #5

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #6380
Welcome to the world of Tuscany 45AT! I am coming up on a year this April 21st in our 45AT.
I have had some interesting warranty issues. Like on our maiden voyage the door awning would retract and the coached leaked the 1st night in the cabinets over the dinette.
Recently I had to have all the house batteries replaced while on the road two months ago which was approved by technical support but haven't need reimbursed the $1300. The problem was improper grounding.
Had problems with the exhaust brake stopping the coach. Problem went away and Freightliner could not could not diagnose problem $500 later.
I had problems with the Jacks too but was able to reset.
I am thinking about upgrading to a 2018 because of the new multiplex wiring system.
I love the way it handles. I took it on "The Tail of the Dragon" infamous 11 mile with 318 turn Route 129; it handled like a dancing queen.
Old 03-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #6

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Sorry to hear about all the problems! We had our Tuscany almost 5 years and the only real problem was a faulty radio/camera system which was quickly replaced. Hope things only get better from here!
Old 03-12-2017, 08:50 PM   #7

THOR #6391
Hi Charlie - I've been on that tail of the dragon, but not in the RV. It's quite a road. Glad to hear you have worked through your issues and still positive on the Tuscany. Mine is at the dealer now for a 4 week stay in hopes they can fix everything. On our first trip, we learned the cooktop didn't work and the washer and dryer was so far forward that you couldn't open the detergent drawer. They are still working on the jacks. Seems they don't want air the suspension back up (it airs down fine) so maybe the auxiliary module. I did add 400 watts of solar that came off my last coach. We sometimes get a bit of burning rubber smell in the driver area when underway - have you had any of that?
Old 03-12-2017, 08:52 PM   #8

THOR #6391
Thank you Dave. Great to know you have had a good experience.
Old 03-13-2017, 09:22 AM   #9

THOR #6380
I have a 100 watt solar panel but have had no rubber burning smell. By the way, if you do any cold weather camping, I would suggest having your line from your fresh water tank wrapped in heat tape. He camped in northern Georgia, Alabama, and Tennessee twice this winter. The cold weather on our first trip effected the water flow rate which got easily solved during our second trip after having the water line from it wrapped in heat and plugged into our 110 volt line.
I hope the jack problem finally gets solved. One benefit of leaving the coach for an extended time is no storage fees. Best of luck, Charlie
Old 03-23-2017, 10:17 PM   #10

Model: 2016 Tuscany 42HQ
State: Nevada
THOR #6488
NEW 2016 Tuscany 42 HQ

Hi Everyone,
This is only my 2nd post. We are taking delivery of our Tuscany on Saturday. We are moving up from a 2012 Winnebago Journey 40U. We are full timers and the extra 1/2 bath, dishwasher and induction stove top are things I was really looking for. I am the Captain of my rig and my husband just tags along for the ride. He will be the first to admit he has NO fixing skills and I have to hide the hammers to make sure he does not try to fix things. I do the driving as he is a sightseer driver and after 100 miles of hitting the drunk bumps constantly we came to an agreement that he would no longer drive. Further I do all of the maintenance. My Dad is a retired NASA engineer and he made sure all of his daughters could fin for themselves. To tell you how bad it can get, those of you that watched RV with Robin Williams and the sewer scene, he actually tried to do that one day when I was not around. Further I came back to the coach the other day with the temperature at 96 and he was just sitting there sweating...his complaint, "I don't know how to turn on the air conditioner." So I hope that I can get some good tips from this forum. I can do just about everything on my own, but when i have a problem, as long as someone can talk me through it, I am just fine.
Old 03-24-2017, 05:48 PM   #11

THOR #6391
Welcome to the Tuscany family I hope your delivery goes smoothly.
Old 04-02-2017, 03:25 AM   #12

Model: 2016 Tuscany 42HQ
State: Nevada
THOR #6488
Almost giving up!

Well we took delivery on Saturday, sort of. We put our deposit done 5 weeks ago and did a walk through and gave them a list of 27 things to be done before delivery. Some major. Emergency window falling off, exhaust break not disengaging, refrigerator leaking, rubber missing from slides, batteries totally dead (no water) toilet not flushing, seats covers had tears and flaking and the list goes on. Well on Saturday there the unit sat ready for us to pick up. It is dirty and literally dripping water. Large puddles. The tech said it had just been washed. I rubbed my hand across the side and showed him my hand. Nothing said. We proceeded with walk through. I had my copy of the pre walk through and so we went through all 27. Only 1 thing had been done. The tires had been filled with air. Seriously. I paid over $300,000 for a NEW unit and it seems years old. By the time we finished the walk through there are 72 items on 4 pages. TV that doesn't work, no remotes, half of the manuals are missing, navigation system won't turn off and they said that is normal. Washing machine that is bolted into position that does not allow u to put soap in the dispenser. When it spins the sole coach shakes. The batteries were never filled so we woke up to no power today and so bad the generator would not start

Is there anyone out there that can help me??? I am so frustrated. We are full timers and have no place to stay for weeks to get this stuff done. How much pull does Thor have with this dealer

Thanks. I'll take any advice. Remember I am a woman with a husband that is not mechanical and has dementia

I have pictures if it will help
Old 04-02-2017, 06:02 AM   #13

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Contact Thor, find out who the regional sales manager is and call them!
Old 04-02-2017, 09:51 AM   #14

THOR #6380
I would start with a call to Thor Owner's Customer Service and arrange for you to email the punch list to them, copy your service advisor and service manager. As to the air conditioner, customer service technician can walk you through that issue pretty easily over the phone. As to the problem with the generator starting, it starts off the house batteries and they need to be charged; when charged, I would have them checked to see if they can handle a demand load; mine didn't and I had Thor replace them at their expense.
I hope this helps.