Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2018, 04:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #12543
thor axis 24.1 black water

Thinking of buying 2015 thor axis 24.1 but very concerned about dumping black water. Not sure how to connect hose. Any help appreciated.
Ederd

Old 07-29-2018, 04:49 PM   #2

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
It's a large bayonet connection. Turn RV's sewer connection down so you can connect it from the bottom. It may be hard to move when new. Put your hose on the turn it clockwise so it snaps around the pins on the rv connection. Best to do black water first so you can flush the hose with your gray water. My RV has two valves for black tank. One on the passenger side and one in the sewer bay. I open the one in the bay first so the black water does not stop in the pipe running from the passenger side to the driver's side. The valves open by pulling the handle out and closes by pushing them in.

I purchased a 90-degree clear connector and added a 12 inch extension so I can reach the RV sewer connection without having to almost crawl under to reach it. Works great.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 05:26 PM   #3

THOR #12543
The 2015 Thor Axis 24.1 I am interested in appears to have grey and black water dump connections on the same side under the bathroom. The connections are turned upwards so you must have to always use the pump. Did not see the type hose used. Reviews are that the connections are hard to get to and most people have to convert the connections in some way. Has anyone been satisfied with the dump situation and do you like your unit overall? Front window looks like a lot of sun would make the unit hard to cool? Before I buy, I would appreciate any helpful info.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:29 PM   #4

THOR #12543
Thanks for the info. Have not bought get because of some bad reviews. How do you like yours? Very many problems?
Old 07-29-2018, 05:39 PM   #5

THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by ederd View Post
Thanks for the info. Have not bought get because of some bad reviews. How do you like yours? Very many problems?
I installed a macerator and after two failures with the pumps I replumbed the sewer connections back to the original way. Better now as I replaced everything. This extension helps my back.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:52 PM   #6

THOR #12543
Do you find it hard to cool when driving with the big window up front. Would you recommend the Thor Axis? We love the concept but the reviews were concerning and disappointing to us. I guess I need a little reassuring from someone that actually has one.
Ederd
Old 07-29-2018, 06:12 PM   #7

THOR #2526
Quote:
Do you find it hard to cool when driving with the big window up front. Would you recommend the Thor Axis? We love the concept but the reviews were concerning and disappointing to us. I guess I need a little reassuring from someone that actually has one.
Ederd
No problem with dash air cooling even in SW deserts. We got the 15k btu roof air conditioner option. While in Yuma it was 105 out and we stayed in mid 80's at RV park with 110v electrical.
First year of ownership you get the bugs out. Just the way RVs are. All brands, all models. Would get a year old unit with maintenance reports if you don't want to work the bugs out.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:16 PM   #8

THOR #2526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baddad53 View Post
No problem with dash air cooling even in SW deserts. We got the 15k btu roof air conditioner option. While in Yuma it was 105 out and we stayed in mid 80's at RV park with 110v electrical.
First year of ownership you get the bugs out. Just the way RVs are. All brands, all models. Would get a year old unit with maintenance reports if you don't want to work the bugs out.
We were thinking about a little bigger unit (still under 30 ft). But this E450 rides great and handles alot better than F53 chassis in bad conditions. No regrets would buy again.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:28 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Forum, and I'm sure that all of your questions; will soon have their answers!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 06:37 PM   #10

THOR #2526

had a problem uploading pictures. I just use this to reach the sewer connection and it saves my back and knees.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:46 PM   #11

THOR #2526
Quote:
Ederd
Lots of Axis/Vegas owners on this forum. This is the best forum for those units. Others should post - but its camping season so expect a little delay Most people only post if they have a problem so don't be discouraged but you may have a problem or two - find a good repair facility you can use and if they are familiar with these units. Maintenance of E450 engine and chassis I have done at local Ford Dealer. Front end alignment I use a truck tire place (unit is too big for most dealers alignment rack) and house repairs I use a local guy I trust. The local Camping World is not good. Have the unit's front end aligned first thing if you buy one. With added the weight of the RV to the bare chassis, it will need one.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:50 PM   #12

THOR #2526
In the "Popular Tags" window on the right side of web page, just click on Vegas or Axis and it will list all the posts about those units.
Old 07-29-2018, 06:59 PM   #13

THOR #12543
Thanks. All your info has helped. We will be making decision next week.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #14

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #10872
Quote:
The 2015 Thor Axis 24.1 I am interested in appears to have grey and black water dump connections on the same side under the bathroom. The connections are turned upwards so you must have to always use the pump. Did not see the type hose used. Reviews are that the connections are hard to get to and most people have to convert the connections in some way. Has anyone been satisfied with the dump situation and do you like your unit overall? Front window looks like a lot of sun would make the unit hard to cool? Before I buy, I would appreciate any helpful info.
The connection is stored in the up position while traveling. When dumping, you need to rotate the connection to face the hole in the bottom of the wet bay. It does turn rather hard. I usually remove the cover from the bay then the dump cover and then rotate it down, followed by hooking up the sewer hose. Reach out if you need some pictures or additional help.

www.offourrockerrv.com
Off Our Rocker RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:40 PM   #15

THOR #12543
Additional pics would be helpful. If you rotate black & gray connectors down how do you connect the dump hose. It looks as though I need to get under the motor home to connect the hose. Very confusing to me. Would appreciate your help.
Edered
Old 07-29-2018, 08:56 PM   #16
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Additional pics would be helpful. If you rotate black & gray connectors down how do you connect the dump hose. It looks as though I need to get under the motor home to connect the hose. Very confusing to me. Would appreciate your help.
Edered
There is a access panel you open at the bottom of the compartment. It is very easy to do with the slide in.

Note that the outlet doesn't need to be rotated completely up for travel (I only rotate ours until its out of the way of the access panel).

I'm curious what reviews are you reading for the Axis/Vegas units online? (Clearly none of the reviewers own one since they didn't know the outlet rotates.)

We love ours for the past 4 years.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #17

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3973
I am planning to dump tomorrow. I will take some pictures and maybe shoot a video of the process.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:14 PM   #18

THOR #12543
Would this panel u mentioned also be on the 2015 Thor Axis 24.1. It sounds like u are satisfied with your purchase. You've been very helpful.
Old 07-29-2018, 09:26 PM   #19

THOR #12543
That would be great. We are really excited about the unit but the salesman new little about a lot of the features. It's a 2015 axis 24.1 with few miles. Thanks
Old 07-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #20
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Would this panel u mentioned also be on the 2015 Thor Axis 24.1. It sounds like u are satisfied with your purchase. You've been very helpful.
It's on most of the Thor motorhomes, not just the Axis.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote