Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2015, 02:22 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #2803
messy tank

Just went on first trip with new vegas 25.2 had problems dumping grey and black tanks. The connections are inside the small box on the side you have to connect the hose to the discharge which is pointed upwards when complete there is still waste coming out one you close the outlet. So you end up having waste in the compartment. Did they just put it together wrong? This is a mess cleaning out compartment. Never has such a mess with other rv we have had.

Old 09-03-2015, 02:30 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
#1: The output swivels, you can pull it down some so it drains properly

#2: I have a clear 90 elbow right there so the hose connection is vertical. It makes it easy to connect/disconnect the hose without a mess.
http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...net-lugs/22171
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:46 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
And to add to JamieGeek's comment about the connection swiveling -- there is a round approximate 6" cap screwed in the bottom of the compartment. Remove that cap and after you swivel the Y-connection down, you route the sewer hose up through that hole -- not out through the opening from the door.

Here's a pix:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sewer  Connection.jpg
Views:	610
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	749  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:46 AM   #4

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the Forum! Your dealer should have shown this to you. The swivel is a clever way to overcome low ground clearance, but confusing. A simple sticker in that compartment would help.

This kind of information should be in a Vegas/Axis manual, instead we get a generic motor home manual. Hey Thor, why not give new owners a manual on a USB flash (thumb) drive instead? One health insurance company I know must save tons of paper doing this, with the entire policy, including specific and generic info.

When a change is made, (like a different radio), it would be easy to add. As questions come up and are answered, additions could be made to the flash drive. All the component manuals could be scanned and included, too. Make it searchable. Customers will be happier, the company saves money, and it is good for the environment. Win, win, win!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:12 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine
Customers will be happier, the company saves money, and it is good for the environment. Win, win, win!
I'd argue that it doesn't save Thor any more $$ over their current practice, and its something different (e.g. "we fear change").
Since they give every motorhome owner the same generic manual I'd guess they get those printed for pennies--far less than the USB drives would cost them. In addition, the person that would have to maintain the files on the USB drive would have to be "higher skilled" than the slacker that assembles all the paperwork to put in the Thor Bag (which they also probably get for pennies). "higher skilled" = higher pay.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
ChickenWoman,

Don't feel like the Lone Ranger with that discharge Black/Gray water connection.

I had it hooked up wrong and fortunately the camper next to us came over and suggested there had to be a better way.

So I disconnected (before trying), found the opening in the bottom of the compartment, removed the cover and gave the connection a twist...found out it would swivel 90 degrees.

I agree, it would have been nice to have had it pointed out BEFORE needing to use the dumping system! I know now!!!

RV'ing has a learning curve...sometimes a messy curve.

Good Luck

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
I think a lot of the blame on this one has to go to the dealer. Our dealer told us about this during the PDI. The good thing about this forum is that I had read about the swivel before the coach ever arrived at the dealer. I did put labels on the door that indicate which valve is for black and which is for gray. I know you can look in and see but if it is an early morning and you are tired and not thinking too straight and DW wants to take a shower and the gray tank is full and you are in a hurry ... you just might pull the wrong one.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:23 AM   #8

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
I almost pulled the wrong handle until I realized that the gray water has a gray handle and the black water has a black handle.