Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-06-2015, 01:26 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Greetings from Rineyville, KY

We purchased a 2015 Thor Windsport 27K last fall and have driven it about 5,000 miles. We pull a 12 foot enclosed Wells Cargo trailer with a Gold Wing motorcycle inside. We have had problems with the domestic water pump failing and also one of the automatic levelers is leaking. Other than those problems the only criticisms I have are with the rattles when riding over rough pavement, due to the stiff suspension. The reflections in the driver's side window under certain lighting conditions, making it impossible to see out of the left side mirror. And of course the poor fuel mileage (7.5 mpg average). Our last motor home was a diesel pusher with air suspension, so I guess we've been spoiled. I am particularly impressed with the power of the V-10 and the maneuverability of the short wheelbase.

Old 09-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum.

As to the reflections, I have seen a post somewhere that suggests draping a black cloth (non shining) over the dash to minimize the reflections in the window and mirrors. Apparently this is a concern on quite a few class A motorhomes and of particular concern during nighttime driving.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 05:25 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: Kentucky
THOR #2817
Thanks for the suggestion about the dark cloth, I will try it. Sometimes it appears that the side windows are not transparent enough, since they are at an angle to my eyes. Sort of looking sideways through the window and picking up a lot of glare from inside the RV. I haven't driven it at night much, but other than backing at night, I haven't had much of a problem. I can't use the back-up camera because I tow a trailer.