Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-01-2020, 03:48 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 29M
State: Washington
THOR #16229
Thank you everyone for the encouragement!

I don't know why the chassis battery drains, its new.

My jacks, well the wont retract but it looks like i have to do the manual process.

No leaks which i am very thankful for. I know that is a common issue.

And how much weight can the slide out hold? Ive been looking for that info too.

Old 02-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #15026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrke View Post
Thank you everyone for the encouragement!

I don't know why the chassis battery drains, its new.

My jacks, well the wont retract but it looks like i have to do the manual process.

No leaks which i am very thankful for. I know that is a common issue.

And how much weight can the slide out hold? Ive been looking for that info too.
Your Chassis battery is draining because somehow (I guess you mean while parked on shore power" you have it in the "on" position. We had this problem with our previous Class C RV and we bought a "trickle charge" battery minder which we used while the RV was stored at home. With our new RV, the 2019 Hurricane 29M we had the same issue for the first few weeks we owned it. By trial and error we checked all the switches and found out that one was in the wrong position and draining our battery. Now, I can't tell you what our "solution" was but now we no longer have that issue and the battery remains charged while on shore power. We "think" the 12 volt system goes back to the cabin RV batteries and has a charger to it and the switch by the door has a disconnect switch. We "thought" by putting the switch to "disconnect" that was where it should be while stored so we switched it off which must have been the wrong decision. Again, this may not be what was actually happening (as I said we did trial and error so maybe it was something else) and I encourage anyone that can correct this information for you to do so. But now we do not "engage" the disconnect switch and we have never had that problem again so "something" is working correctly now. The trickle charge battery system is an inexpensive way to keep your battery charged while you figure out what you need to do to correct this issue.

Don't always go by the "green light" on your jack system to know for sure whether your jacks have completely retracted. Sometimes my display system shows that one of the jacks is still down but it isn't. My husband always goes around and does a visible inspection to see whether the jacks are retracted or not. Also, sometimes just going through the process of extending and then retracting the jacks a couple of times will give you a green light on the retraction display. We used this on several trips and now the system seems to be retracting properly on each new trip so there may be a "break-in" period. Have you downloaded the myLCI app for the jacks yet? It will give you support and a way to contact the manufacturer for immediate help if the onscreen info does not give you the help you need.

Have you signed up for the Thor Owners Resource site which has all the manuals and helpful tips? https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owner-resource/

The slide out is also a Lippert Components (myLCI) product so you may find the information you need there or at least you will have the contact information to call them and ask. If you have the same model as I do (29M) except for the sofa, there shouldn't be much weight on the slide out or are you thinking about changing out the sofa for some theater seating and need to know the weight limit for that?

Hope this helps a little to answer your questions and yes, this is a GREAT group to get help or any questions you many have to get more comfortable with your new RV. Practice and use is the best teacher so don't be afraid to explore different aspects of your RV on each trip or even while you are at home and it is stored.