Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-18-2022, 10:11 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Tennessee
THOR #26876
Unhappy Hello

My name is Matthew and I just purchased a 2017 Thor Windsport 31S. We absolutely love this RV and we are ready to go camping in it for the first time this weekend. We do have 1 issue though. The power seat function for the driver seat is non functional at the moment. Its at a shop and the wiring harness to the seat is getting power, but the switches do nothing. Ive asked Thor for a wiring diagram to show me what each wire in that harness does (its specific job) but I just get a diagram that shows the connector, what color wires go in the connector and that's it. I'm not really sure what else to check at this point. but the seat is to close to the steering wheel and to low. Can these seats be manually adjusted? IS there anyone else who has encountered this issue and had a fix? I find it hard to believe its the switch because I feel like it would at the very least still perform some function. I also find it hard to believe its the motor because the RV only has 9K miles on it and has been very well up-kept. So I don't believe the power seat would have been adjusted very much.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Matthew

Old 05-19-2022, 12:09 PM   #2

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I don't have an answer for your seat problem but welcome to the forum. I'm sure someone else will have an answer for you.
Old 05-19-2022, 02:06 PM   #3

Model: SV34
State: Arizona
THOR #24580
Welcome! A frustrating problem for sure especially if you cant be comfortable driving.

If it were me, the next thing I would check is the motor by putting power directly to it.
Ottosails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 05:16 PM   #4

THOR #26876
Thank you, I think I’m going to try that. The Ford shop won’t do that because the motor and switch are not “Ford” parts
Old 05-19-2022, 07:01 PM   #5

Model: Four Winds
State: California
THOR #24260
So my driver seat is not put in by ford? Wow
Terry
Semper Fi
Pillbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2022, 11:41 PM   #6

THOR #26876
No, Ford only covers the chassis items. The seat seat motor and switch would be Thor items.
Old 05-20-2022, 11:45 PM   #7

THOR #26876
Fixed

So after the dealership said they couldn’t figure out what was wrong with it, I took it to a Ford shop. They figured out that the wiring harness had power but did not want to touch the motor or switch. I also had a friend of mine who is a mechanic check it out who thought the motor was bad. I had noticed that there was a black wire sticking out. And saw in some other post on this forum that sometimes the wires come out. So I traced it back and found that it had come off of a bad crimp. Pull the crimp off and temporarily use electrical tape to reattach the two wires. The seat works perfectly fine now. If anybody has this issue in the future, know that there are two wires that are not connected to the harness itself. Make sure you check those. I don’t know how I outsmarted three different shops, but hey it works now! Lol
Old 05-21-2022, 12:19 AM   #8

Model: Tuscany 42GX
State: Missouri
THOR #9178
It pays to be persistent!
Old 06-01-2022, 07:48 PM   #9

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Slider View Post
My name is Matthew and I just purchased a 2017 Thor Windsport 31S. We absolutely love this RV and we are ready to go camping in it for the first time this weekend. We do have 1 issue though. The power seat function for the driver seat is non functional at the moment. Its at a shop and the wiring harness to the seat is getting power, but the switches do nothing. Ive asked Thor for a wiring diagram to show me what each wire in that harness does (its specific job) but I just get a diagram that shows the connector, what color wires go in the connector and that's it. I'm not really sure what else to check at this point. but the seat is to close to the steering wheel and to low. Can these seats be manually adjusted? IS there anyone else who has encountered this issue and had a fix? I find it hard to believe its the switch because I feel like it would at the very least still perform some function. I also find it hard to believe its the motor because the RV only has 9K miles on it and has been very well up-kept. So I don't believe the power seat would have been adjusted very much.

Thanks in advance for any help.
-Matthew
Pray that this is the only problem you will have with your RV!!! I have a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m and LOVE IT; but it has failed so many times I forgot the count. Got it All fixed and as of now I am going back June 6th to have the leveling system fixed. That has been the worst item to fail many times. I can't offer any help for your seat other than let the techs as Camping World or wherever you have work done resolve it!!! GOOD LUCK and Happy Camping in a great RV; Bob
Old 06-01-2022, 07:49 PM   #10

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew.Slider View Post
No, Ford only covers the chassis items. The seat seat motor and switch would be Thor items.

Then they should be "ON POINT" getting this fixed!!!!!
Old 06-01-2022, 08:51 PM   #11

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
The plant 750 31S floor plan was built from 2015 to 2019 model year. It was replaced because if did not have a king-size, had a split bathroom arrangement, no full wall slide and only a 24 gallon black water tank. All 31S coaches were originally a 30 amp/ one A/C ,model but plant 750 added the 50 amp/a A?C option in January 2016. In the 2017 and 2018 model 50 amp was standard along with the power drivers seat. Its only short fall is the 18,000 lb chassis which limits carrying capacity. We chose this floor plan because of the TV location, 40 inch kitchen counter space, split bathroom, furnace heated tanks, and outside kitchen.

The low point drains are under the outside kitchen sink. The right drawer front is hinged to contain a knife holder. Lift up on the knife holder to access the low point drains. The stopper on the outside sink moves up and down to seal the sink's drain . The sink has a macerator pump with duckbill to pump the sink's contents into the gray water tank.
Access to the back of the water heater is under the dressing counter, behind a beauty panel and is held in-place by two Philip head wood screws.
I could go-on but ask if you need some advice. 6 years, 6 months and 53,000 miles
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
driver, power, seat, thor, windsport