Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2017, 02:25 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: Virginia
THOR #6664
Hello from Virginia

Hello!

Recently traded a Class C Winnebago for a 2017 Hurricane 35M. Been trying to find the answer to the following question: does the slide out section of the sofa lock in the stowed position as well as the extended position? Seems like it should, so the slide out section doesn't move around while traveling down the road. Dealer service department can't take me back until late April, so wondering if I can fix it myself!

Happy to be part of the forum!

Old 03-03-2017, 02:35 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
Yes, it locks in both the closed and extended positions. There is a black locking mechanism on the end of the extension. As an aside, you need to be careful when extending and closing the expanding section - the metal rails rub against the upholstery and it is very easy to rip the material. Mine was ripped when I took delivery, and I am dropping it off at the dealer tomorrow to have that part of the coach recovered with new material.
Old 03-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Welcome and congrats on your Hurricane! That sofa section should lock in place, but is one of the reasons we didn't like the L-shaped sofa layouts. They always seem to be awkward and take up valuable aisle space when the slides are in. I hope you can get it taken care of quickly.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 01:39 PM   #4

THOR #6664
Thanks everyone for confirming. I'm going to take a look this weekend to see what's going on, and/or wait until APR to have dealer fix it.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #5

THOR #6664
Fixed It!

I sent an email to Thor and much to my surprise, the next day I received a phone call and Jaime walked me through some things to check. Today I tried what she suggested and the sofa now locks in the stowed position. Very happy. First trip is in two weeks to Asheville. Can't wait to break in the coach!