Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-28-2017, 12:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Iowa
THOR #10026
hello to all

Newbie here...2013 Thor Challenger 37dt. blue ox towing 2013 ford edge with an older road master braking system..I did the CHF. front and rear, safety steer and front end alignment, currently running tires at 80 f and 85 r.. I have been reading this forum for a few weeks now and am real impressed with you all. the challenger is a nice rig and I have learned a ton of info from just reading posts that are relevant to my coach. I now have it all winterized and will be ready in the spring for our first adventures. My wife and I are 1 year out from retirement so 2018 will be our own shakedown on our new to us Thor Challenger. We bought the Challenger in Virginia and drove her 1000 miles to Iowa with toad behind. Quite the drive for a first time rv driver. I used the knowledge I gained from this forum as a guide and survived unscathed. Now that I have travelled thru West Virginia on I 64, I think the 5 star tune will be my next investment. Keep posting and I will keep reading. When I have useful info I will certainly pass it along. thanks again to all.... marty

Old 11-28-2017, 01:03 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome and congratulations!

Someone here once said that what you bought was an RV kit! Some add a little, some a lot.

Here's to many happy memories on your future RV adventures!
Old 11-28-2017, 01:08 AM   #3

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! Glad your reading of the forum was helpful, lots of Great people here always willing to help! Have FUN!!!