Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-13-2016, 08:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Hello from Astor, FL

I'm retired from 35 yrs in law enforcement, all in FL. Also owned a gym with my 2 sons and was a Realtor, before the market went to hell a few years ago.. We're seriously considering an Axis/Vegas 24.1. Have owned several RV's over the years, class B, class C and several trailers. This may be a stupid question but what is the difference between an Axis and a Vegas? From what I can find, it's only the exterior body paint and designs. Is there more? Thanks!

Old 07-13-2016, 09:02 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
I'm retired from 35 yrs in law enforcement, all in FL. Also owned a gym with my 2 sons and was a Realtor, before the market went to hell a few years ago.. We're seriously considering an Axis/Vegas 24.1. Have owned several RV's over the years, class B, class C and several trailers. This may be a stupid question but what is the difference between an Axis and a Vegas? From what I can find, it's only the exterior body paint and designs. Is there more? Thanks!
Welcome and Thank You for your law enforcement service. I do not have either but have looked at them and they look the same to me. There are wise people on this site and they will know. Once again Thanks and happy travels.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:10 PM   #3

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
THOR #3836
axis- vegas

axis and Vegas are the same platform and same chassis. some on this thread say the 2017 is on a e450 chassis instead of the e 350. the e450 is much better chassis. other than the colors and floor plans they are the same , it gives different dealers different selling options.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:23 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
I've owned both - a 2014 Vegas on a 350 chassis and currently a 2016 Axis on a 450 chassis. The most important difference is the front headlights. Had to talk my wife into the Axis because she liked the front of the Vegas better. No difference, like Ford and Mercury they did it so that they could have more dealers closer together.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:31 PM   #5

Model: Axis 25.5
THOR #4802
Good to know Thor is upgrading to the E450 chassis on the '16 & '17 Vegas and Axis models. Probably a bit heavier and maybe a little less MPG but well worth it IMO.
Our 2008 Winnebago Aspect 29' was on a 450 chassis and it drove like a dream. Our 2012 PleasureWay class B was on a 350 chassis and it drove terribly and wandered all over the road. PleasureWay owners were talking class action law suit due to wandering issue and several crashes, when we sold ours.
Old 07-13-2016, 09:48 PM   #6

THOR #1765
Actually I get about 1 mpg better in my 450 over my old 350. I attribute that to the new 6 Spd transmission. I had a 2005 Pleasureway on a Chevy 3500 chassis as my first RV. I put 36,000 miles in it and it drove well - after I ruined two tires and got an alignment. Taught me a lesson.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:41 AM   #7

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Hey Florida people, we are doing a 17 day pan handle trip before going to Fort Wilderness any ideas?
Old 07-14-2016, 01:55 AM   #8

THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
Hey Florida people, we are doing a 17 day pan handle trip before going to Fort Wilderness any ideas?
Sorry.. That's 500 miles from me. I am heading to the mountains of Colorado where it is cool (I hope). I was 90 feels like 116 today in South Florida. Time to leave.
Old 07-14-2016, 04:38 AM   #9
Kev

Model: Windsport
THOR #3918
Axis/Vesgas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchief View Post
Hey brother
32 yrs. for me and now work at the local high school. We bought a Vegas 25.2 several months ago as it was the perfect size for two of us. I was told the Vegas/Axis are the same just some cosmetic differences so dealers can sell them when in close proximity to each other. General RV in Tampa sells Vegas and Camping World 3 miles away sells Axis.
Kev