Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-26-2016, 07:01 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #3903
New Thor Freedom Elite Owner

Hello we have purchased our first camper a 2014 Thor 23h freedom Elite Class C on a ford chassis E350...excited to learn more about how this rig functions...had a great PDI inspector...finding out that it is hard to start up the generator but once going it powers the entire couch which is cool...any tips would be helpful...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1653  

Old 03-26-2016, 08:40 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations, and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:41 AM   #3

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Welcome to the forum. Our RV is very similar to yours, I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 03-27-2016, 10:44 AM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 28H
State: Florida
THOR #940
Welcome to the forum and to RVing. We have a 28H and couldn't be happier. We have made a few modifications to make it our own but overall a great coach.
Old 03-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #5
gk1

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3832
Congrats, we bought our 28H last year. I'm still getting used to it and tinkering with things. So far no real issues and we've put 3000 miles on it last year. I changed the front door speakers and added satellite radio.
Addicted to anything that has wheels and a motor.
gk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 02:06 PM   #6

THOR #940
The big things we have done are an automatic Big Foot leveling system, a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Tire pressure monitoring system, RV Armor roof and had the medicine cabinet in the bathroom cut in half so I could get over the sink and stop making a mess.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:16 PM   #7

THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeter View Post
The big things we have done are an automatic Big Foot leveling system, a Safe-T-Plus steering stabilizer, Tire pressure monitoring system, RV Armor roof and had the medicine cabinet in the bathroom cut in half so I could get over the sink and stop making a mess.
Can you explain the RV armor roof, I am not familiar with that upgrade. We did the Saf-T-Plus and we are very happy with that.
Old 03-27-2016, 03:26 PM   #8

THOR #940
The RV Armor is a coating that is applied over two days that will seal the roof permanently. They come to your location for the installation. It has a life-time transferable warranty with technicians all over the country so if you have a problem or add something to the roof they are always there to help. Here is the link Welcome to RV Armor - Home. I didn't have any leaks but it's one less thing to worry about.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:43 PM   #9

THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdeter View Post
The RV Armor is a coating that is applied over two days that will seal the roof permanently. They come to your location for the installation. It has a life-time transferable warranty with technicians all over the country so if you have a problem or add something to the roof they are always there to help. Here is the link Welcome to RV Armor - Home. I didn't have any leaks but it's one less thing to worry about.
Thanks for the in formation, I assume it is pretty pricey since they come out and do it.
Old 03-27-2016, 04:50 PM   #10

THOR #940
It's not cheap but in my opinion it was worth it. It's transferable so it should add to the value of your trade/sale later down the line along with the fact that you can pretty much prove that you have never had a leak. It is also cheaper than some of the other roof treatments that I researched. All in all mine cost about $3400. Check out the website and you can get a quote via email if it is something that you have or are thinking about.
Old 03-27-2016, 07:04 PM   #11

Brand: Still Looking
Model: VanLeigh Vilano 365RL
THOR #1907
Welcome to the forum. There is always something to learn. The roof armor was new to me. Going to look into it.
JRS950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 07:37 PM   #12

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All,

I too am interested in the RV Armor (watched the Video, very impressive). I just had our 2016 Vegas (purchased last May) in for work and had the annual "Roof Preventitive Maintance" done at a cost of $284.99 after discount(s); that means I can get almost 12 annual "Roof Preventitive Maintances" done for the cost of RV Armor. On Monday I will see what the warranty is after the "Roof Preventitive Maintance" is done.

Anyone know what comes with the RV Armor Warranty?

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 08:02 PM   #13

THOR #940
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
All,

Anyone know what comes with the RV Armor Warranty?

Doc
I'm not sure what you mean by "comes with" but I received my warranty papers a few days after the job was completed. It is a lifetime warranty that matched to your RV VIN and is completely transferable. You can read the warranty on their website.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:23 PM   #14

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Pdeter,
Sorry for being vague. My interest in RV Armor was piqued when a thread on this site mentioned something falling off on overpass and hitting the roof of their RV. Just interested in what the warranty covers.

I appreciate the reference to the website and will go there to get the "fine print". I was just interested in a "Reader's Digest" summary of what the warranty covered down the road for the RV that had RV Armor.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 09:12 PM   #15

State: Alabama
THOR #3912
Owner manual for freedom elite 29fe

Is there is place wher I can find manuals to teach me how to use this and where everything is on this unit? We are first time motor home owners and there are so many buttons and switches. Example the radio unit in the cab.
Then the stove and oven. All the sliders and fuse box and the batteries and how to add water and how to dump. We were told there are no manuals.
It has two TV and outside entertainment. I am at a lost and feel liketurning it back in.
Thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 10:51 AM   #16
gk1

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #3832
Gmachchris55, have you looked on line for what you need? I know the radio in mine had some very vague instructions so I went on line and found the whole guide. Still not crazy about the radio set up but I'm getting used to it, I chucked the cab speakers for a pair of Infinity's.

RVNewbie, my generator refused to start when we picked it up, they ended up cleaning bugs out of it. I start my generator at least once a month and run it for a few hours, whether I need it or not. The more it gets run the easier it is to start when you need it.
Addicted to anything that has wheels and a motor.
gk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 12:38 PM   #17
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmachris55 View Post
Is there is place wher I can find manuals to teach me how to use this and where everything is on this unit? We are first time motor home owners and there are so many buttons and switches. Example the radio unit in the cab.
Then the stove and oven. All the sliders and fuse box and the batteries and how to add water and how to dump. We were told there are no manuals.
It has two TV and outside entertainment. I am at a lost and feel liketurning it back in.
Thanks
If you just bought a 2014, was it used when you purchased it?

What I would do, and it could be a waste of time if the unit was used, is to contact Thor and explain the situation. Ask them to send you the build sheet and component listing for the coach. These will give you the make model and serial number for all items installed on the coach when it left the factory. From there hit google and start downloading the manuals.

In these days of technology I have learned far more from reading while downloading electronic versions of the manuals than I have from any hard copy manual provided by Thor or a dealer.

As for the coach owners manual you can get it here. Just enter the year and model in the filters.

https://thormotorcoach.com/document-archive/?cat_id=14
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:42 AM   #18

THOR #10036
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNewbie View Post
Hello we have purchased our first camper a 2014 Thor 23h freedom Elite Class C on a ford chassis E350...excited to learn more about how this rig functions...had a great PDI inspector...finding out that it is hard to start up the generator but once going it powers the entire couch which is cool...any tips would be helpful...
We just got a new Thor 23 h Freedom Elite and love it . No problems yet. We haven’t used the gen. yet. Lakeland, Fl.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:55 AM   #19

State: Arizona
THOR #11396
followup

hey Doghouse (and any other 23H owners here).. just wondering if you're still happy with your 23H.. I'm looking at purchasing one within the week and was hoping to hear updates from people who currently own one. thanks!