Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2018, 02:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.4
State: Florida
THOR #11670
Morning Ya'll

Signed up not too long ago and glad I did. Great info on this site. We sold our 2005 Four Winds C-Class last year and now have a 2018 ACE 30.4. Got the first 2018 ACE to come in (strange how you can buy a 2018 in May of 2017) at CW in Lake City, FL. 3 weeks later took a Alaska trip in the new MH. Big Mistake. Lots of problems with the ACE.

Got back home 104 days later with 1.5 pages of warranty issues and 11,985 miles added. After returning home in north FL we decided to have Thor fix the issues so we made the 2k mile round trip to Wakarusa, IN and spent 3 days at the warranty facility. They fixed most issues and also repaired a couple of things that were not warranty problems but fixed them anyway. Nice folks and a nice set up for warranty work. The trip was also a good week long trip and stopped to visit family in TN returning home. Had camera issues even after the factory repaired (?) them but that has now been fixed and we are now enjoying our MH.

Thor is not a bad coach but the workmanship is definitely substandard. I've talked to folks who have 200k up to 1.5m MH's who also experience issues due to poor workmanship and/or cheap products. Thor is no different.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:03 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome to the Party!
Glad to hear that you've already got a leg up on the warranty issues...

...But sorry to hear that you had so many of them!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 03:12 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Texas
THOR #11735
Hi there, great post, sorry to hear about your troubles but it’s good to see they helped to fix the issues. Seems like despite some of the issues it was an adventure. I have read the same thing you mentioned that all motor home brands no matter the cost have substandard work and lots of issues. I sincerely hope the major troubles are behind you and you can enjoy the new purchase more!