Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-16-2018, 07:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Georgia
THOR #11774
Hello from Marietta, Georgia

Just purchased a new 2018 Hurricane 29m.

I've had it in the driveway for a week ... getting familiar with the various systems. Next weekend is our first short shake-down trip.

Already have a short list of warrant items but nothing (so far) that I was not expecting.

Had some low voltage errors on the leveling jacks this morning. Realized the house batteries were low. I think the DVD, Media switch and HD antenna were left on so guessing that may have been the issue. Gennie would not crank over either. A few minutes on shore power (15A) seems to have solved the problem.

This site and YouTube have been a great help.

Dave

Old 06-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 35C
State: South Dakota
THOR #3761
Congrats and welcome to the forum!

There is an entire thread started by a fellow 29M owner with lots of tips and mods called "Jerry's Hurricane Mods" that you will probably find VERY useful.
FMCA - F457085
Blog - https://traversity.us
jpmihalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 08:04 PM   #3

Model: ACE 29.3
State: Alaska
THOR #6077
Welcome to the Thor forum from fellow Mariettans (Although we spend seven months of the year in Alaska where I am now). We have a 2017 Thor ACE 29.3 that we use extensively during the winter which is substantially similar to your. We had a few warranty issues, mostly silly that really should have been caught by cursory quality control at the factory and a quick look-through from Camping World. I'd buy another one though!! Once out of warranty, find a good independent RV service place to deal with. CW is just too busy with only three work bays at the Woodstock location. Learn to fix things yourself as well, many times by far the easiest. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Scott
Old 06-30-2018, 02:35 AM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #11774
Hello from Marietta, Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturescott49 View Post
Welcome to the Thor forum from fellow Mariettans (Although we spend seven months of the year in Alaska where I am now). We have a 2017 Thor ACE 29.3 that we use extensively during the winter which is substantially similar to your. We had a few warranty issues, mostly silly that really should have been caught by cursory quality control at the factory and a quick look-through from Camping World. I'd buy another one though!! Once out of warranty, find a good independent RV service place to deal with. CW is just too busy with only three work bays at the Woodstock location. Learn to fix things yourself as well, many times by far the easiest. It shouldn't be that way, but it is.

Scott

Thanks for the info. We got our rig from the CW in Oakwood (near Gainsville). We have a cabin north of Clarkesville so it's on the way and where we keep it parked.

Doubt that CW is any better though.

I'm calling them next week. Hoping to get a same day appointment to have then go over what is needed (parts, etc) and then I'll go back when the parts come in. I want to have the rig while we wait for approval and parts.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:54 PM   #5

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Shout out from the "Southside", Stockbridge. Let's all meet at the Varsity downtown. RV parking on north end of lot (bus parking lot).
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote