Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-26-2017, 10:56 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
Freedom Elite FE30

We bought our 2017 FE 30 last October from Camping World Syracuse. Used it for 3 days and put it away for the winter. Gets mighty cold and snowy in Central New York. Can't wait to get it back on the road.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0174.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	4072

Old 02-26-2017, 11:21 PM   #2

State: Florida
THOR #6491
We love our freedom elite
Old 02-28-2017, 04:05 AM   #3

Model: Outlaw 37 RB
State: Texas
THOR #6464
Welcome to the forum. Spring wil be here shortly. We love being in Texas and are planning a trip to AZ for the Good Guys car show in March. See you on the road.
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Lone-star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 01:54 PM   #4

Model: Freedom Elite 30 FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #6012
Welcome to the forum. I too just bought a Thor Freedom Elite, 30FE. One issue I have is there are no rain guard extensions that will fit. Water just runs down the side leaving stains that need to be cleaned off. Also, the slide door in the bedroom keeps coming loose when traveling. I am going to put on a trailer brake controller, I ordered a wiring asy (9C2Z*14A348*A) from Ford they said will fit. Just need to locate the blue connector under the dash to hook up the controller. Keep those of us who have the same model up to date on any issues you may have or modifications you make. Happy travels in your new RV
Old 02-28-2017, 09:13 PM   #5

Model: Hurricane 35M
State: New York
THOR #6597
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogday51 View Post
Welcome to the forum. I too just bought a Thor Freedom Elite, 30FE. One issue I have is there are no rain guard extensions that will fit. Water just runs down the side leaving stains that need to be cleaned off. Also, the slide door in the bedroom keeps coming loose when traveling. I am going to put on a trailer brake controller, I ordered a wiring asy (9C2Z*14A348*A) from Ford they said will fit. Just need to locate the blue connector under the dash to hook up the controller. Keep those of us who have the same model up to date on any issues you may have or modifications you make. Happy travels in your new RV

We had the same problem with the sliding door in our bedroom. We picked it up drove 30 miles home, and the door was flapping in the breeze. Bracket on the floor had completely broken off and the door was just swinging loosely. It has been fixed by camping world, but not yet road tested. We'll see when we take our first trip what will happen.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:06 PM   #6

State: Florida
THOR #6491
Question. Would anyone know where to purchase a lebra type for freedom elite ford 450.
We want to keep bugs of. Front and radiator.