Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-02-2015, 01:51 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Hello From NC

I just picked up our 2016 Vegas 24.1 this past Sunday. My wife will be getting in this Friday and I am trying to learn this RV as quick as I can. Our last RV was a 1992 Coachman on a GMC 3500 it was a Class B...RV's have changed!!

I have seen much discussion about front end alignments, some say you need to do it with the fluids full and some weight in the unit.

I have seen some real neat modifications from the needed (sewer pipe storage) to the real cool (dual electric recliners replacing the couch).

The "radio" an Axxera AV614BH seems to be wired thru the coach's 12v system, not sure why, and has my techno savvy son just gnashing at the bit to help me master it and other electronics in the RV. As soon as the dealer finds my missing remote I think it will get easier.

I have seen lists of desired modifications...any list of preventive maintenance items to recommend or a newbee?

DocMike

Old 06-04-2015, 06:19 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Arizona
THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
I just picked up our 2016 Vegas 24.1 this past Sunday. My wife will be getting in this Friday and I am trying to learn this RV as quick as I can. Our last RV was a 1992 Coachman on a GMC 3500 it was a Class B...RV's have changed!!

I have seen much discussion about front end alignments, some say you need to do it with the fluids full and some weight in the unit.

I have seen some real neat modifications from the needed (sewer pipe storage) to the real cool (dual electric recliners replacing the couch).

The "radio" an Axxera AV614BH seems to be wired thru the coach's 12v system, not sure why, and has my techno savvy son just gnashing at the bit to help me master it and other electronics in the RV. As soon as the dealer finds my missing remote I think it will get easier.

I have seen lists of desired modifications...any list of preventive maintenance items to recommend or a newbee?

DocMike
Congrats on your Vegas! We considered this model, but ended up going for a 2016 Hurricane 27K - a bit more room.

Regarding the "missing remote," we are missing ours as well!

I didn't know there was supposed to be one, but after finally wading through all the owners' manuals and such, I discovered that there is supposed to be one.

We have an appointment to take our coach in next week to get some minor things taken care of, and hope to be able to get the remote that was supposed to be with our coach. Hope you get yours as well!

Eileen
Old 06-04-2015, 06:34 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Good luck, we should be receiving our remote soon.

Wading thru the manuals is correct. Thor gets to save a tree by having them on line, but you sure have to run thru the paper to print them all out. I THINK I found my last one on line...it was for the antenna.

BTW: Does the 27 mean the Hurricane is 27' from bumper to bumper or 27' on the inside?

DocMike
NCNG LTC(ret)
2016 Vegas 24.1

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:56 PM   #4

THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Good luck, we should be receiving our remote soon.

Wading thru the manuals is correct. Thor gets to save a tree by having them on line, but you sure have to run thru the paper to print them all out. I THINK I found my last one on line...it was for the antenna.

BTW: Does the 27 mean the Hurricane is 27' from bumper to bumper or 27' on the inside?
Hello again!

The 27K is actually 28' 9" - I have no idea why they give it a number like 27!

It seems that happens a lot in the RV world. I used to think that the model numbers indicated the length. Sometimes they do but more often they don't. Quite odd!

Eileen
Old 06-04-2015, 07:08 PM   #5

Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
I don't know about now but it used to be the number referenced inside length of living space.
Camping World Indianapolis, worst dealer EVER experienced
thor293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #6

THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
I don't know about now but it used to be the number referenced inside length of living space.
Ahhhhh....that could be it!
Old 06-04-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by neeliec
It seems that happens a lot in the RV world. I used to think that the model numbers indicated the length. Sometimes they do but more often they don't. Quite odd!
It works perfectly you just have to relax your tolerances. For instance I take the model numbers as meaning "about that long" or +/- 2 feet or so. Thus an actual length of 28' 9" fits perfectly within the "about 27ft long" model number of 27K.

Our 24.1 is "about 24 ft" in that its 25' 6" long
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 07:17 PM   #8
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Axxera Remote

If it helps

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote 1.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	492

The Axxera remote is the one on the right.

Click image for larger version

Name:	remote 2.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	493

The remote. Notice that it is absent of any marking or branding that identifies the component to which it belongs.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2015, 05:36 AM   #9

THOR #2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
If it helps

The Axxera remote is the one on the right.

The remote. Notice that it is absent of any marking or branding that identifies the component to which it belongs.
Thanks for the picture of the remote.

We have looked throughout the coach and have determined that we did not get the remote for the Axxera AV614BH.

I have contacted the dealer and hopefully they will find one for us. The person I spoke with today sounded confused as to why we didn't get the remote. She thought that would have been covered during our pre-delivery walk-through. However the person who did that didn't say a THING about there being a remote for the unit. I only discovered this yesterday after going through all the manuals and booklets associated with the coach.

BTW, I found a picture of the remote in the online owner's manual so I could know what to look for. We have 3 identical TV remotes and one Rapid Camp device...but no remote for the Axxera.

Thanks again!
Old 06-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by thor293 View Post
That appears to be true today as well. If there is something after the number it generally denotes the floor plan at that length. Some of the models use letters to denote floor plans while others use a dot and number.

Other manufactures also use the same type of system so it wouldn't surprise me if there were some type of industry standard on model numbering (at least the first two characters of the model number).
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote