Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-29-2017, 04:01 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Miramar 35.3
State: California
THOR #8546
Hello from a new Rv'r in SoCal

Hello, I am new to RV-ing, AND to the frustrations of owning a new RV.

Is it normal to have more issues than resolutions to issues? Seems like almost EVERY system on my new Miramar has something broken, something stubborn, something hidden, or something waiting until the most inopportune time to rear its ugly head or fall completely off.

The wife and I love-love-love actually getting the thing out on the road, and I dream of the day I will have figured every system out, and have all systems operational simultaneously..... or am I just naïve about all that?

And while I'm complaining, is Thor unresponsive to EVERYONE, or is it just me? I don't know whether to take it personally (or not)

Old 07-29-2017, 09:42 AM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Alpine 3401RS
State: Florida
THOR #6288
Thor has been very responsive to me. I email with any issue, include your vin do they can track any issue, before I even take it to dealer for repairs. Customer Service tech is Cynthia Garcia at cgarcia@tmcrv.com, 18778552867. She is outstanding.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:24 PM   #3

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoldyOldPeach View Post
Hello, I am new to RV-ing, AND to the frustrations of owning a new RV.

Is it normal to have more issues than resolutions to issues? Seems like almost EVERY system on my new Miramar has something broken, something stubborn, something hidden, or something waiting until the most inopportune time to rear its ugly head or fall completely off.

The wife and I love-love-love actually getting the thing out on the road, and I dream of the day I will have figured every system out, and have all systems operational simultaneously..... or am I just naïve about all that?

And while I'm complaining, is Thor unresponsive to EVERYONE, or is it just me? I don't know whether to take it personally (or not)
Which dealership did you purchase from out of curiosity?
Old 07-29-2017, 02:31 PM   #4

Model: Miramar 35.3
THOR #8546
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
Which dealership did you purchase from out of curiosity?

Barber RV. Ventura California.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:36 PM   #5

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Got it. I think the first year and warranty requiring you to go to the dealership is probably the most frustrating so patience is highly needed. Communication with your service advisor is a must. I did most of mine via email because telephone messages get lost. Thor won't do anything unless the dealership requests it and the dealership won't do anything unless the repairs are authorized by Thor. Much different animal than taking the family car to the dealership for warranty repairs.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #6

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
THOR #5821
That first year with virtually any coach is very frustrating. Make friends with the service manager and if possible get to know one of the techs at your dealership. I got to be on a first name basis with the service manager and the tech that was assigned to do all the work on ours. Keeping that line of communications wide open really helps.