Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 12-26-2015, 11:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2016 ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2371
Hello from Newberg, OR

We've owned an '89 Winnebago Warrior 23 ft class C since 1992 19k miles that we inherited after my mom died. She loved to explore in it.
It now has 102k miles (I think we got our money's worth) and we're looking forward to driving down to Alvarado, TX to pick up a new 2016 Thor ACE 30.1.
We raised 3 kids in the old Warrior and turned them into lovers of the outdoors and camping.

I have been soaking up (but not too much) all the good input from other Thor/ACE owners and have picked up some potential problem areas to be on the lookout for.

May the "Thorce be with us" !!

Marck

Old 12-27-2015, 02:00 AM   #2

State: Texas
THOR #1052
Congrats on the new 30.1

We most likely passed MHS a few hours after you took delivery of your new coach. We also purchased a 30.1 from MHS in July'14. Ask all the questions you may have during the 1st night camp. Open/close everything at least twice, to understand functionality and proper operation. If any items are missing or damaged be sure to get it documented for repair later. They PDI many units and some items may get overlooked.

Last but not least, run the generator at full load for at least a few hours. We discovered an issue with the fuel line during our first cross country voyage that could have been detected sooner and resolved.

I really like the look of the new front cap, looking forward to hearing your first impressions of her!

Enjoy!

D
Old 12-27-2015, 05:46 AM   #3

Model: 2016 ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2371
Thanks for the input

Thx Dwain, this kind of "specific" input really helps ! I've been researching the crap out of this unit for a while. Of coarse you have to take some of the info with a large grain of salt.
We're driving the toad from Oregon to MHS so going back to Oregon should a real live shake down. Hopefully I have covered every base possible. Wish me luck !

Thx again, Marc