Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-28-2018, 02:59 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Virginia
THOR #11769
Hello from northern Virginia

Korey & Tana Jackson here from Northern Virginia.

After selling our old 1989 Jamboree Searcher a few weeks ago, last week we picked up a new 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1. Retired Army, and with just one child left in college, we figure it is time to start spending our money on us.

We already spent a couple nights in our new coach and drove over 500 miles from the Ohio dealership back home, towing our 1997 Honda CRV.

We’ve been reading this Thor forum for a few years, and found it very informative in our decision to purchase a new motor home. Thanks to you on this forum sharing your helpful knowledge and experiences.

Old 05-28-2018, 03:21 PM   #2

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Welcome ! Enjoy the new MH and retirement. I retired a year and a half ago, and love it! Happy trails. Jerry
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 03:50 PM   #3

Model: ACE 30.4
State: Texas
THOR #11738
Welcome

Welcome, Have a great time!!
Curt
Old 05-28-2018, 07:38 PM   #4

THOR #11784
Hi,

I just bought a 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1 also. I had to take it back to the shop because the blinker camera and back up camera started going crazy. I also noticed that there is a little shimmy when driving straight. How about yours? Is it smooth and doesn't need little adjustments when driving straight? I've read where an alignment will solve this problem.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:59 PM   #5
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
Hi,

I just bought a 2018 Thor Vegas 24.1 also. I had to take it back to the shop because the blinker camera and back up camera started going crazy. I also noticed that there is a little shimmy when driving straight. How about yours? Is it smooth and doesn't need little adjustments when driving straight? I've read where an alignment will solve this problem.
Regardless you should get an alignment.

Camera's going crazy is probably the connections getting loose.

Welcome to the forums.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 10:07 PM   #6

Model: Axis
THOR #11770
Hi and welcome to the Forum. We have a new Axis 24.1, and like it so far. We plan on a Trip soon exploring our Great Country. If you have any questions, We might be able to help. Happy Camping.
Bwb
Old 05-28-2018, 10:50 PM   #7

THOR #11769
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVMichael View Post
Hi,

RVMichael,
Thanks. I haven't noticed a shimmy, but I guess we should load it up, fill the water tank, and get the wheel alignment. There was wheel alignment paperwork included with the manuals indicating it was aligned - as near as I can tell, after it came off the Thor production line.

I haven't noticed a camera issue yet, though the console screen did go blank when I tried to back into the driveway -- I suspected the radio power button was pushed, but it wouldn't turn on until I shifted back into park and the engine turned off. Then it turned back on after I didn't need the camera anymore. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:54 PM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey & Tana Jackson View Post
RVMichael,
Thanks. I haven't noticed a shimmy, but I guess we should load it up, fill the water tank, and get the wheel alignment. There was wheel alignment paperwork included with the manuals indicating it was aligned - as near as I can tell, after it came off the Thor production line.

I haven't noticed a camera issue yet, though the console screen did go blank when I tried to back into the driveway -- I suspected the radio power button was pushed, but it wouldn't turn on until I shifted back into park and the engine turned off. Then it turned back on after I didn't need the camera anymore. I'll have to keep an eye on that.
If so that would be a welcome new development--to date Thor has never aligned any motorhome they've shipped (its doubtful they even have the equipment to do so).
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 12:43 AM   #9

THOR #11769
Hello from northern Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
If so that would be a welcome new development--to date Thor has never aligned any motorhome they've shipped (its doubtful they even have the equipment to do so).
JamieGeek,

The data plates indicates the incomplete E450 chassis was produced 01/18; the coach was produced 03/18. The Thor Motor Coach documents bag included an ExpressAlign Total Alignment paper dated 03/06/18 11:39am.

I assumed that meant our Vegas was aligned after coming off the Thor production line.Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-03-06 Total Alignment.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	10468
Old 05-29-2018, 11:43 AM   #10

THOR #11784
In order to fix the cameras, the shop had to "order a part". I'm hoping real troubleshooting was done and not just a shot in the dark.

IRT to the alignment, I contacted a local Ford car dealership and they stated the only folks capable of performing an alignment on the RV is a Ford truck dealership about 50 miles away. I'll update the thread when I get more info.

Our plan is to visit all 55 state parks in Florida that have RV campsites, starting with the closest one and working our way to the furthest one away. We are so looking forward to getting started.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:07 PM   #11

THOR #11784
Thor Vegas 24.1 With Every Little Detail Exposed!

Hi Korey and Tana.

I just bumped into this. It's a little old, but wow did somebody have too much time on their hands, LOL.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiYx6DLSeiiP53x246awlGrg8B-I

RVMichael
Old 05-29-2018, 10:23 PM   #12
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
They actually DO align them: here's the fella who handles it for them:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1527632588

And welcome to the forum too!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	marty-feldman.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	10481  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 10:25 PM   #13
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast