Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Colorado
THOR #1067
Anyone done business at MSRV Texas?

I'm curious if anyone's done business with MSRV in Texas and what the experience was. Secondly, has anyone been in a 25.4? It appears the coach is like the original 25.1 which doesn't sell very well, and the difference is the 25.4 has a full time large bedroom instead of the couch that folded out into the bed. Any info would be helpful. Dave

Old 06-16-2017, 09:37 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
I purchased from MSHRV last spring and was very happy with the experience. Low prices and very nice people. MSHRV has pads where you can stay overnight for a couple of days, try everything out, if you have problems or questions they're right there. Would I buy from them again, absolutely!!!
Old 06-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
We traveled 1,300 miles to buy from MHSRV. First class service. One downside, they won't let you drive before you buy. Once you sign the papers, they do take care of you - doing a two hour PDI with you and checking on you a couple times during you stay in the delivery barn. We stayed 20 hours getting used to the new coach even though we had traveled a Class A motor coach for 16 years previously. No regrets.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:29 PM   #4

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
We traveled 1,300 miles to buy from MHSRV. First class service. One downside, they won't let you drive before you buy. Once you sign the papers, they do take care of you - doing a two hour PDI with you and checking on you a couple times during you stay in the delivery barn. We stayed 20 hours getting used to the new coach even though we had traveled a Class A motor coach for 16 years previously. No regrets.
thanks for the comments. It helps.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:01 AM   #5

THOR #5196
The salesman we delt with is Rodney Melton, super nice guy!!!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #6

Model: Challenger LX
THOR #3922
We also bought our 2016 Challenger from MHSRV. Flew down to pick it up - very nice experience, but more than that, they stand behind their products. We traveled back there on our winter trip from Colorado to Florida, and we spent the night there while they took care of several issues we had with our coach. They repaired a shower leak, replaced the wiper assembly, and re-calibrated the leveling system. We were back on the road by noon. Great service!
Old 06-17-2017, 02:51 PM   #7

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
The salesman we delt with is Rodney Melton, super nice guy!!!
I've contacted Rodney. Thanks.
Old 06-17-2017, 02:52 PM   #8

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by j37genie View Post
We also bought our 2016 Challenger from MHSRV. Flew down to pick it up - very nice experience, but more than that, they stand behind their products. We traveled back there on our winter trip from Colorado to Florida, and we spent the night there while they took care of several issues we had with our coach. They repaired a shower leak, replaced the wiper assembly, and re-calibrated the leveling system. We were back on the road by noon. Great service!
Thanks for the info. I also live in Western Colorado near G Junction. I'm making contact with MHSRV.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:25 PM   #9

THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teeitup26 View Post
I've contacted Rodney. Thanks.
Ir you decide to buy there let me know, they send checks for referrals! Lol
Old 06-17-2017, 08:52 PM   #10

THOR #1067
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Ir you decide to buy there let me know, they send checks for referrals! Lol

I'll tell them your name
Old 06-18-2017, 02:38 AM   #11

THOR #2121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
.....cut.... One downside, they won't let you drive before you buy. Once you sign the papers, they do take care of you - doing a two hour PDI with you and checking on you a couple times during you stay in the delivery barn. .....cut....
Is that common practice for many dealers?

When do you get to drive the motorhome for first time?
Old 06-18-2017, 03:18 AM   #12
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance View Post

We deal with CW east of Kansas City...Ron drove our motorhome with the salesman present for about 30 minutes ... the fella talked up a storm while Ron got the feel of the coach during a cold, wet January morning !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 11:04 AM   #13

THOR #5196
Quote:

Some will, some won't, depends on the dealer. Kinda like motorcycle shops, some will, you never know till you go.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:19 PM   #14

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
taking a 'motorhome' for a test drive is a wholly different test than jumping into a new car and making a test run. most folks aren't used to driving a large 25,000lb + vehicle and the dealership cannot allow everyone who just 'wants' to test drive one without serious intent, otherwise known as a sales contract with downpayment.

yes, it makes sense to most of us to 'test drive' a vehicle before we purchase it, and you certainly can if you get serious with the dealership, but it's not realistic that every dealership has the time or manpower to allow everyone who wants to - their insurance policy may also have something to do with it.

you can, however, put a contract on a unit, test drive it, decide you don't want it, and will probably be allowed to test drive another unit you change to. They want to make sure money is in hand, and serious customers are driving the coach.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 02:56 PM   #15

THOR #2121
Buying blind wouldn't do it for me

I can certainly understand not letting anyone off the street wanting to test drive a $500k diesel pusher go on a joyride, but expecting buyers in general to commit to such a purchase without really knowing what they are getting seems a serious problem as well.

Additionally, other than renting first, how are buyers to know they can even drive a 30-foot motorhome if the largest thing they have ever driven is a minivan?

This practice may help explain why there are so many current-year "like new" motorhomes listed.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:09 PM   #16

THOR #1067
Quote:
I can certainly understand not letting anyone off the street wanting to test drive a $500k diesel pusher go on a joyride, but expecting buyers in general to commit to such a purchase without really knowing what they are getting seems a serious problem as well.

Additionally, other than renting first, how are buyers to know they can even drive a 30-foot motorhome if the largest thing they have ever driven is a minivan?

This practice may help explain why there are so many current-year "like new" motorhomes listed.
wish i could find a 2 year old "like new" 24.1 on a 450 chassis for 53K or less. lol
Old 06-18-2017, 03:48 PM   #17
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
wish i could find a 2 year old "like new" 24.1 on a 450 chassis for 53K or less. lol
not gonna happen ! most folks are like us...we have done numerous personal upgrades....ours is better than new !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #18

THOR #2121
Quote:
There was an Axis described in "like new" condition at PPL within last year that was listed around $55k if I recall correctly. It was less than two years old, had the new windshield design, and only about 2,000 miles. Unfortunately it wasn't a 24.1 floorplan.

It appears to me that used prices bottomed out months back. Occassionally I look at Axis 24.1 and also Winnebago Travatos to see how their prices are holding up, and used ones of same model year seem to be holding steady, with Travatos often going up in price. I know inflation plays a role, but it's weird to see a 2014 listed as high or higher than it was a year or two ago.
Old 06-18-2017, 10:52 PM   #19

THOR #1067
Quote:
There was an Axis described in "like new" condition at PPL within last year that was listed around $55k if I recall correctly. It was less than two years old, had the new windshield design, and only about 2,000 miles. Unfortunately it wasn't a 24.1 floorplan.

It appears to me that used prices bottomed out months back. Occassionally I look at Axis 24.1 and also Winnebago Travatos to see how their prices are holding up, and used ones of same model year seem to be holding steady, with Travatos often going up in price. I know inflation plays a role, but it's weird to see a 2014 listed as high or higher than it was a year or two ago.
55 million baby boomers and government double dippers all want to travel and spend some of the kids money and the smaller RVs like Roadtrek and the Travoto are selling well. I looked at the Travato over here in Grand Junction and there is no room in that thing. It's for cross country travel with a bed in the back only. The Axis is a close third place and i'm sure that why the prices hold. I'll find a mid 50's price on a two year old if i'm patient and don't die of old age first. Hadn't thought of PPL until you mentioned it and that fits because they are a huge used consignment dealer. New car prices are peaked along with used car prices so maybe RVs are next. I mean once all 55 million have one who's left?
Old 06-19-2017, 03:30 PM   #20

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #6523
When we were shopping for our new Axis 24.1 one MHSRV salesman told us "go to another dealer for a test drive, then come here for a good deal. We're too busy and do too much volume to let everyone test drive our units; if we did they would rack up miles quickly." We were actually able to drive a Vegas around the lot before we settled on & bought the '17 Axis. We dealt with several salesmen there and some are definitely better than others. We ended up with a great salesman who called the owner to resolve an issue for us with them honoring the $2000 Thor rebate.