Greetings to everyone. New member, here, and I have shared this same info with different forums so if you're also a member in those forums and reading this AGAIN, I apologize!
My wife and I are relatively new to the rv community. We own a (permanently parked) fifth wheel that is at a campground in Michigan which is run by our daughter and son-in-law. We spend a little time there during the summers but we live full time in Florida since our retirement in 2017.
We both love to travel, but we have found that our vacations in our working years (and the first year of retirement) all looked the same: Fly somewhere, rent a car, spend lots of money on hotels, do touristy things WITHOUT our own gear (kayaks, bicycles, etc.)
We have decided to purchase a Class C in late 2019/early 2020 to remedy that. We are avid runners and cyclists and we want to be able to do these things in different locations, as well as visit national parks and sites at our own pace and if we decide to stay a bit longer, we're not paying $200-$400 a night on hotels and also changing flights!
We have done a lot of searching so far and have greatly narrowed down our list. I am joining this forum to assist in that decision making. Please feel free to share ANYTHING that you feel would help in that regard, including new vs used, extended service plans, and likes/dislikes of certain models and manufacturers.
Some "must-have" items that we know for sure:
- We want to sleep in a queen bed as a minimum size; prefer the twin/king that is on some models
- We want to be able to sleep without having to use a slider to do so.
- We want the vehicle to be short enough to maneuver around town, as we plan on no tow vehicle, at least not yet.
- We prefer to keep the bikes in the interior storage (basement) when transporting. (front wheels come off and go back on quickly.)
- We want a cab-over bunk as a 2nd sleeping option.
- I prefer new for warranty purposes, but would consider used if the savings made sense.
Thanks for any words of wisdom!